PDA

View Full Version : 3 things needed on FiftyOneYears.com

jrich4rpaul
01-27-2008, 02:31 AM
1. The "Going for the Gold" widget on www.ronpaul2008.com

2. (edited: it was already on there... my bad)

3. A video

Feel free to discuss, poll, etc.

DFF
01-27-2008, 02:40 AM
How about revamping the site so it doesn't look like a funeral?

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-27-2008, 04:42 AM
How about revamping the site so it doesn't look like a funeral?

I actually think the black theme looks classy.

MRoCkEd
01-27-2008, 06:07 AM
Agreed, add the small widget and that video that was on the familyvalues site and its good to go!

BigRedBrent
01-27-2008, 07:33 AM
This is my updated version of the MySpace bulletin.
I was working on my own before I seen the other one, so I shamelessly took what I liked and added it to my own.

This one includes the video as an embed and is less cluttered.

Find it here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1106679

sora
01-27-2008, 08:34 AM
The graphic to put on other websites to link to fiftyoneyears.com is very wide. It would be nice to have a narrower one (ie 100 px or less) that would fit better on blog sidebars.

DFF
01-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Why not add the song "Power of Love" by Huey Lewis And The News?

seawolf
01-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Please Trevor change the background of the site. It truly looks like we are looking at a funeral rememberance site and not a wedding anniversary one.

Do this today!!!!

Sey.Naci
01-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Please Trevor change the background of the site. It truly looks like we are looking at a funeral rememberance site and not a wedding anniversary one.

Do this today!!!!Every site that Trevor has created has had a black background. Thing is, that doesn't work for EVERY event. A dramatic design with bold colors was appropriate for the Nov 5th V for Vendetta theme, the Tea Party, and even the MLK fundraiser. It ISN'T appropriate for celebration of a wedding anniversary.

Why don't you guys get that? This should be obvious to anyone with design experience aimed at marketing ideas.

This is why I so much favor the other site, Ron & Carol 51 (or Paul Family Values) (http://pfv.rev-u.net/).

coastie
01-27-2008, 05:08 PM
This is all WRONG. The website/theme gives the impression that this is just for their anniversary, and thats it.

It needs to HAMMER the fact that this is it, he needs money, and a LOT of it, now. Its go time folks. The focus needs to be on how important this is for his campaign, and the continuance of it, and the money can be considered an anniversary gift as a "bonus".

I dont know if that made any sense. And this comes from the impression of folks that i converted today, and then showed them that site.

jrich4rpaul
01-28-2008, 12:20 AM
Bump, we need the Going for the Gold widget!

rprprs
01-28-2008, 11:49 AM
This is all WRONG. The website/theme gives the impression that this is just for their anniversary, and thats it.

It needs to HAMMER the fact that this is it, he needs money, and a LOT of it, now. Its go time folks. The focus needs to be on how important this is for his campaign, and the continuance of it, and the money can be considered an anniversary gift as a "bonus".

I dont know if that made any sense. And this comes from the impression of folks that i converted today, and then showed them that site.

It makes very good sense, coastie and you have a valid point. The nice gesture of honoring their anniversary is all well and good, but this theme fails to impart the imminent and imperative need for HUGE sums of money to continue this campaign and influence the direction of this republic.

jrich4rpaul
01-29-2008, 01:52 AM
bump

intelliot
01-29-2008, 09:20 PM
I'd like to see a better YouTube video. I was super-impressed by the Dec. 16th one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awCKV4Lpx9c Something like that would be amazing.