PDA

View Full Version : ARGH!! Don't get complacent!!

Santana28
01-27-2008, 01:19 AM
I just spent an evening with my husband's family which were all supposedly firmly planted in Ron Paul's corner before today... so naturally, i brought some yard signs to pass out since i had a few after this morning's sign-wave and canvassing...

"No thanks, i'm still not 100% on who i'm supporting just yet"

"Not me. The neighbors won't like it and i don't want to upset them."

"He'll be out of it by next week so i don't see the point."

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and :(

these same people had been going on and on about how amazing it was to find a candidate like Dr. Paul, and about how he was the only one standing for the issues they care about, and thanking us for introducing us to him just weeks ago!!

So DON"T MAKE THE MISTAKE OF GETTING COMPLACENT - Check up on your relatives and loved ones and basically anyone you think you have converted - The media is still playing their tricks and people are still falling into the "i want to vote for the winner" trap - DON'T LET THEM!

Just a warning to all my fellow patriots out there! While i have been out spreading the word to others, i have neglected my home! Don't forget to shore things up before it's too late!!

Roadrcr
01-27-2008, 01:20 AM
Same type of people who sign up for the military then run and cry when they find out they might actually hafto take up arms.

newmedia4ron
01-27-2008, 01:20 AM
I just spent an evening with my husband's family which were all supposedly firmly planted in Ron Paul's corner before today... so naturally, i brought some yard signs to pass out since i had a few after this morning's sign-wave and canvassing...

"No thanks, i'm still not 100% on who i'm supporting just yet"

"Not me. The neighbors won't like it and i don't want to upset them."

"He'll be out of it by next week so i don't see the point."

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and :(

these same people had been going on and on about how amazing it was to find a candidate like Dr. Paul, and about how he was the only one standing for the issues they care about, and thanking us for introducing us to him just weeks ago!!

So DON"T MAKE THE MISTAKE OF GETTING COMPLACENT - Check up on your relatives and loved ones and basically anyone you think you have converted - The media is still playing their tricks and people are still falling into the "i want to vote for the winner" trap - DON'T LET THEM!

Just a warning to all my fellow patriots out there! While i have been out spreading the word to others, i have neglected my home! Don't forget to shore things up before it's too late!!

yeah we need check once in a while to keep people excited

Santana28
01-27-2008, 01:25 AM
i dont see them very often but that is no excuse... i should have picked up the dang phone. dont make the same mistake i did!

virginiakid
01-27-2008, 01:30 AM
I have a good friend who is a RP supporter who will not put a sign up in his yard because there is a big local repub (who heads up the whole-county/city party) living right beside him. He said he wanted to keep the peace. My thought was, peace? You have got to be kidding me! I didn't say that to him, but I was sure thinking it. At least we'll have his vote.

Libertytree
01-27-2008, 01:42 AM
Then say it!!! If he's a big Repub guy call him and ask for an endorsement : )

InLoveWithRon
01-27-2008, 01:49 AM
This is why the campaign should have spent more money on genius tv ads and alot more time in New Hampshire to get a top 3 finish.

It would have put the "he can't win" argument to bed right from the start.