PDA

View Full Version : Front page of Yahoo!

Thor
08-03-2007, 01:54 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070803/ap_on_el_pr/ron_paul

http://www.gc1.net/images/yahoo_front.jpg

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Cool..

Ron Paul Fan
08-03-2007, 02:12 AM
It's also the top story of the Yahoo Politics page. And just below it is a story of John McCain's failing campaign. The article was pretty good and pretty much any news coverage is good. Some may criticize it for the use of longshot and obscure, but those are fair assessments at this point because it will be an uphill battle and everyone uses the polls like they're 100% accurate, and Dr. Paul does have some views that aren't in line with the mainstream candidates. Hopefully people will visit the website which they linked to and realize that Dr. Paul is the candidate outside of the political mainstream which a lot of people welcome at this point.

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:13 AM
Fricken Finally...to bad it's still not MSM

DjLoTi
08-03-2007, 02:14 AM
No, I'd honestly say that *is* MSM

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:15 AM
NO no no no I say it is not!!!

Razmear
08-03-2007, 02:15 AM
They changed the title of the story after 11 minutes from the orginal:
GOP's Ron Paul has unusual appeal
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070803/ap_on_el_pr/ron_paul_1

To:
Ron Paul remains longshot for GOP nom

The stories are identical, they just didn't like the more positive title for some reason.

eb

DjLoTi
08-03-2007, 02:16 AM
It was actually a pretty good article. It encourages people to research more.

*edit* lol.. that's Yahoo! for ya. They are the *worst* when it comes to that kind of shiz

Akus
08-03-2007, 02:16 AM
In the dead of night and trying to discredit his campaign as much as possible, but hey, at least they're not bashing him or portraying some kind of a loon out of him.

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:17 AM
xxx

Akus
08-03-2007, 02:17 AM
It's also the top story of the Yahoo Politics page. And just below it is a story of John McCain's failing campaign. The article was pretty good and pretty much any news coverage is good. Some may criticize it for the use of longshot and obscure, but those are fair assessments at this point because it will be an uphill battle and everyone uses the polls like they're 100% accurate, and Dr. Paul does have some views that aren't in line with the mainstream candidates. Hopefully people will visit the website which they linked to and realize that Dr. Paul is the candidate outside of the political mainstream which a lot of people welcome at this point.

where is that?

Akus
08-03-2007, 02:19 AM
nm dude

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:20 AM
ok

Akus
08-03-2007, 02:21 AM
It's also the top story of the Yahoo Politics page. And just below it is a story of John McCain's failing campaign. The article was pretty good and pretty much any news coverage is good. Some may criticize it for the use of longshot and obscure

Interesting how those words are not found in McCain's campaign. The jury is still out on Paul's chances, but I think it's beyond debating whether McCain will win the Primaries or not.

Delaware
08-03-2007, 02:22 AM
LOL

Ron Paul Remains Longshot

that title just makes them sound retarded....

There making a story on him because the campaign is exploding, but "Hes still the longest of longshots" THATS SO BULLSHIT.

the original title is much better.

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:22 AM
uh?

Delaware
08-03-2007, 02:24 AM
Whats this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070803/ap_on_el_pr/ron_paul_summary_box_1;_ylt=ArdoB.ej.coC739Pl3IgIn xh24cA

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:25 AM
Yahoo for shinizzle...F the MSM

Lord Xar
08-03-2007, 02:26 AM
they said he just purchased "radio ads" in Iowa and NH... I'd love to hear them!! hahahahah....

Even when they write a story about him, you notice how they say "his not so popular positions..." etc.. you know... just typical drivel. It would be good if they said some VERY Popular things about him...

I am glad he has press, I really am... but more positive wouldn't be so bad, would it?

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:27 AM
Yeah!....Yahoo sucks...They quoted Jason that guy from Spooner..cool uh?

Ron Paul Fan
08-03-2007, 02:27 AM
I like to think positive about these things and the coverage is mostly good coverage. They also have a story at the bottom of the page about McCain flip flopping on the amnesty issue for political reasons. Not everyone is out to bring down Ron Paul. The reason they call him a longshot is their reliance on the national polls which we all say aren't good indicators, but a lot of people seem to use them. If Dr. Paul finishes well at the straw poll and starts getting more national recognition in the polls, I think we'll see that longshot term removed. This article works towards spreading the message.

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:28 AM
Yeah your right...tis a good thing maybe great thing!:)

Thor
08-03-2007, 02:28 AM
By LIZ AUSTIN PETERSON, Associated Press Writer

AUSTIN, Texas - Ron Paul may be the political butterfly of the 2008 presidential campaign. An obscure congressman from Southeast Texas for most of his political career, Paul has metamorphosed into the favorite of those looking for a candidate outside the political mainstream.

Legions of die-hard fans formed across the country after Republican candidate debates and Internet blogs exposed his contrarian views.

Paul, 71, remains one of the longest of long shots for the GOP nomination, but that hasn't deterred supporters from making cold calls to voters in early contest states, plastering the Internet with plaudits, and loudly challenging Paul's White House rivals at campaign stops.

"I honestly believe that Congressman Ron Paul, as crazy as it might sound, I believe he is the father of the modern Republican Party," said Jason Stoddard, 31, an Austin, Texas, entrepreneur who has no formal ties to Paul's campaign but has made more than a thousand calls to Iowa voters urging their support.

The enthusiasm of admirers like Stoddard has boosted Paul's national profile and helped his campaign raise $3 million over the past three months — a fraction of the double-digit millions chalked up by the top-tier candidates, but a respectable sum for an underdog.

That enthusiasm, however, hasn't translated into widespread support in presidential polls for Paul, who was a Libertarian Party candidate for president two decades ago and is best known as a champion of small government, low taxes and minimal foreign intervention.

National opinion polls of Republican primary voters generally show his support at about 2 percent. And while he's accumulated a cache of campaign dollars, Paul's not spending most of it. He has spent just $650,000 this year, the third-least of all 2008 presidential candidates, according to federal campaign finance reports.

"Most of the oxygen is being taken up, especially on the Republican side, by those who look like they might have a prayer of winning in a Democratic year," said University of Texas political scientist Bruce Buchanan.

An obstetrician-gynecologist and former Air Force flight surgeon, Paul stands out from the other Republican candidates on several scores, including his long-held opposition to the Iraq war. As a result, he might benefit from President Bush's near-record unpopularity and the growing public discontent with the war, said Michael Tanner, a policy analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute in Washington.

But potential supporters may find some of the 10-term congressman's other views more difficult to accept, including calls for a return to the gold standard and a radically smaller government with no Education Department, Energy Department or Internal Revenue Service.

Paul also is just as likely to turn off as many voters as he turns on with positions that straddle both liberal and conservative camps. He opposes the death penalty and votes against military appropriations. He also opposes abortion and gun control. He's known on Capitol Hill as "Dr. No."

Paul spokesman Jesse Benton acknowledged that Paul has formidable challenges to overcome before the first votes for the nomination are cast in about five months. The campaign just bought its first radio ads in Iowa and New Hampshire and has nearly tripled its staff to 25 in the past month.

"We realize the odds are still pretty long for Dr. Paul, but we think that Ron is a real legitimate player now that people are starting to pay attention," Benton said.

As comedian Stephen Colbert put it when Paul appeared in June on his mock right-wing talk show, "You are an enigma wrapped in a riddle nestled in a sesame seed bun of mystery."

___

On the Net:

Ron Paul for President: http://www.ronpaul2008.com

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Thnaks...Yeah it'll probably disappear any sec

Akus
08-03-2007, 02:33 AM
they said he just purchased "radio ads" in Iowa and NH... I'd love to hear them!! hahahahah....

Even when they write a story about him, you notice how they say "his not so popular positions..." etc.. you know... just typical drivel. It would be good if they said some VERY Popular things about him...

I am glad he has press, I really am... but more positive wouldn't be so bad, would it?

You're asking too much and you give media too much credit by assuming they can fairly report. But the fact that Ron Paul has an article on him is a good sign. His figures are not near those of Guiliani or Romney, but he is climbing. Now if only he can win that damn IA poll.

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:34 AM
You're asking too much and you give media too much credit by assuming they can fairly report. But the fact that Ron Paul has an article on him is a good sign. His figures are not near those of Guiliani or Romney, but he is climbing. Now if only he can win that damn IA poll.

You think a hunger strike for Ron Paul will get attention...or maybe I can live in a tree:rolleyes:

michaelwise
08-03-2007, 02:35 AM
There are more candidates that can't win than can win. How many candidates can win?

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:36 AM
obama - clinton - Paul

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Gore

Thor
08-03-2007, 02:37 AM
There are more candidates that can't win than can win. How many candidates can win?

The POTUS, or the nomination? :D

By my calculation, that answer is 1 or 2 if you include VeePee

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:38 AM
POTUS? Ohh the POTUS

dmitchell
08-03-2007, 02:44 AM
You guys are all missing the point: this is an AP story so it will be picked up everywhere (http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=ron+paul).

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:44 AM
You guys are all missing the point: this is an AP story so it will be picked up everywhere (http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=ron+paul).

Holy shit I'm a dumfuck:confused:

Thor
08-03-2007, 02:46 AM

Maybe it will get people asking "Hey, who is that masked man" and then checking him out.

michaelwise
08-03-2007, 02:47 AM
The explanation to the polls is really quite simple. The old farts, who vote, only watch TV, for the most part. These are the only land lined bound people who get polled. How munch coverage of Ron Paul, has those people, waiting to die, seen?

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:47 AM
Maybe this will be the ONE!

Ron Paul Fan
08-03-2007, 02:53 AM
The explanation to the polls is really quite simple. The old farts, who vote, only watch TV, for the most part. These are the only land lined bound people who get polled. How munch coverage of Ron Paul, has those people, waiting to die, seen?

Exactly, and all the news media seems to use these as if they are telling us exactly who will be the next President. This is why they use words like longshot to describe him. It's unfortunate, but it's just the way it is. I'm a positive thinker and this article will do more good than harm. Some people on here cry and whine about Dr. Paul not being covered in the news then he gets a story about him and they cry and whine about a few select words in the article which aren't too far off base at this point. Let's embrace the article and use it to emphasize Ron Paul's rise in popularity.

DjLoTi
08-03-2007, 02:56 AM
This looks pretty good to me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/LiveontheIsland/wires.jpg

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:56 AM
Thanks RP FAN...it's really wierd how the media is....it's jus really shocking to us idiots who never payed attention before...I actually used to trust MSM...it makes u really mad!!!

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:57 AM
This looks pretty good to me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/LiveontheIsland/wires.jpg

Whers that link?

DjLoTi
08-03-2007, 03:04 AM
Whers that link?

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/US/2008_Presidential_Election

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 03:05 AM
Thanks....but thats still Yahoo....does it squiggle around the web from there onto other MSM sites?

DjLoTi
08-03-2007, 03:07 AM
Yahoo was the only page I looked at.

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 03:09 AM
Yeah...Il take a look at all those articles...I hope they go all throut the internet and plant themselves at all the MSM websites and such,,,,I mean I hope they like duplicates somehow being that YAhoo is like this big websearch engine and such

V-rod
08-03-2007, 03:13 AM
I can imagine next week's New York Times front page,
"RON PAUL STILL LONG SHOT!!11!! ZOMG!!11!!!

Oh well, better to have free publicity for our candidate than for the tons of other real longshots out there who aren't even considered as having any kind of chance.

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 03:15 AM
We are going to ROCK em in AMES...but the conversion process will take somettime...remember the Matrix all the sht they had to do to Neo just to get him out of the matrix and stuff...It's kinda like that for ROn Paul covert ...It's like I've been going thru this metemorphis or something...can;'t sleep...siked up...fricken wiersd...

unconsious767
08-03-2007, 06:10 AM
Can't wait to be reading the headline:

GOP whatshisname is longshot against Hillary

Johnnybags
08-03-2007, 06:15 AM

Poll

Who would you rather vote for?
Hillary Clinton (D)
4% 108 votes
Ron Paul (R)
95% 2286 votes

| 2394 votes

DeadheadForPaul
08-03-2007, 07:22 AM
"longest of long shots"

gimme a break

Tim724
08-03-2007, 07:43 AM
If you remember, the day after the first Republican debate Yahoo had a very friendly article that essentially said that Ron Paul was correct and Rudy Guliani was wrong regarding the whole "blowback" incident.

I would suspect that there is a cadre of Paul supporters who work for Yahoo. That should come as no surprise with all the computer savvy people who support RP (like the Google employees).

micahnelson
08-03-2007, 07:46 AM
SO i guess Ron Paul support is made up of wackos and yahoos.

joshdvm
08-03-2007, 10:58 AM
At Lew Rockwell's blog, the mighty Thomas DiLorenzo said:

"[Congratulations to Ron Paul] for causing that smarmy AP reporter (Liz Austin Peterson) to throw a hissy fit over the fact that he favors freedom over Big Government. You know you're making progress when the smug, Leftist knuckleheads of the "mainstream media" begin picking on you."

Lew called it a hit piece.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/

The article is certainly biased, but a 'hit piece'? Are we looking at the same article?

Brian4Liberty
08-03-2007, 11:06 AM

You're right, AP is the mainstream media.

Now we'll see if all of those local stations who claim "we don't cover Ron Paul because the AP doesn't cover him" will actually put out the story.

Thor
08-03-2007, 11:06 AM
It is on the front page of Yahoo! again right now (same article, different title)

GOP Paul remains long shot despite die-hard support (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070803/ap_on_el_pr/ron_paul)

It might be a hit peice, but it is great exposure.

Just like the Iowa forum that he was not invited to, we can turn this into a win.

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 11:19 AM
The Flood Gates Are Opened!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I counted 40+ MSM Articles within 1 hour of AP releasing these storys.....Hot...Hot ...Hot!!!!!

Two Articles (Publishers in first hour!)
Hartford Courant, United States
Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier, IA
The Columbian, WA
Auburn Citizen, NY
Dallas Morning News (subscription), TX –
Houston Chronicle, United States
Charlotte Observer, NC
Chippewa Herald, WI
MLive.com, MI
Product Reviews, UK
Miami Herald, FL –
Fort Worth Star Telegram, TX
Macon Telegraph, GA
San Luis Obispo Tribune, CA
Newsday, NY
Seattle Post Intelligencer
News & Observer, NC
FOX News
WJLA, DC
Centre Daily Times, PA –
Albany Times Union, NY
Orlando Sentinel, FL
The Olympian, WA
Howell Times and Transcript, UT
News & Observer, NC
ABC News
Sun-Sentinel.com, FL
Philadelphia Inquirer, PA –
Los Angeles Times, CA
Los Angeles Times, CA
News Channel 7, SC
ABC News
Forbes, NY
News Channel 7,
MyWestTexas.com, TX

Welcome to the big boys fellas...now we need some fundraising!!!!

Brian4Liberty
08-03-2007, 11:21 AM
They changed the title of the story after 11 minutes from the orginal:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070803/ap_on_el_pr/ron_paul_1

To:

The stories are identical, they just didn't like the more positive title for some reason.

eb

Yeah, that title change is probably because the original title was done by someone not in on the MSM "eliminate Ron Paul" campaign.

No doubt a more senior editor fixed that fast enough. The first title probably slipped in before the editor got out of bed...

ThePieSwindler
08-03-2007, 11:29 AM
This is a subtle "hit" piece - it gets the name out but it has jabs that are not necessary. "Longest of long shots" was unnecessary. Her big government bias coupled with ignorance was shining through as well.

Tuck
08-03-2007, 11:45 AM

everybody make sure to rate it 5 stars, the higher the rating the higher it appears in the news stories http://search.yahoo.com/ you need to be logged into yahoo to vote for it

Hurricane Bruiser
08-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Great article for Ron Paul because it bumps up name recognition and is pretty informative. People know how to pick up spin like "positive" and "negative" and instead insert their own ideas of whether they like his position or not.

Article is EVERYWHERE!

SWATH
08-03-2007, 12:01 PM

I can't wait to read the headline:

Little Known Longshot Ex-Congressman Ron Paul Was Sworn in today as 44th President of the United States.

BIG_J
08-03-2007, 12:07 PM
I thought we were a dark horse?! Ha-ha! Anyway, THIS IS AWESOME! :) : ) :) WHOOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOO!