PDA

View Full Version : Contacting meetups for Feb 1st moneybomb

Brainsnake
01-27-2008, 12:06 AM
I was just browsing around ronpaulmeetup.com looking for a way to mass contact the meetups about the Feb 1st moneybomb when I noticed a page called "meetup alliance". This alliance consists of 333 meetup groups and 36782 members. It provides an e-mail address that can be used to contact the organizers, who could in turn contact all the meetup groups in this alliance.

here is the alliance address - http://www.meetupalliance.com/RonPaul2008

the e-mail to the alliance directors - RPMeetupAlliance@gmail.com

This seems like it would be an effective way to contact about 1/3 of the all the meetup members and notify them about Feb 1st.

DDMX
01-27-2008, 12:07 AM
Sounds good.

Hopefully, in turn, the members will continue to spread the message.

Geronimo
01-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Are you going to mail these organizers or are you posting this info with the hopes that someone else will mail them?

Brainsnake
01-27-2008, 12:14 AM
I am going to send them an e-mail - just still in the process of making it.
If anyone has any info that they think should be included besides just the Feb 1st moneybomb and its website, please post it.

NerveShocker
01-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Bump.. anything to get money into the campaign before Feb 5th. They asked for 5 mil remember!

Sentinelrv
01-27-2008, 12:27 AM
I tried emailing them before and never got a response.

Royksopp
01-27-2008, 12:29 AM
I am going to send them an e-mail - just still in the process of making it.
If anyone has any info that they think should be included besides just the Feb 1st moneybomb and its website, please post it.

Are you including the ideas of the 51st anniversary and the Fox news moneybombs? The fact that this is a joint moneybomb?

RSLudlum
01-27-2008, 12:32 AM
definitely let them know to contact any other members in other meetup groups if they can.

Also spread the word as wide as they can using social network sites.

Brainsnake
01-27-2008, 01:17 AM
I just sent my e-mail.
If anyone else wants to send an e-mail too, I would encourage it as it would help establish the importance of this moneybomb.

(also, thanks for the tips for what to include in it)

davidt!
01-27-2008, 01:23 AM
Can someone explain how to contact/send e-mails to the meetup groups and where to go to get the addresses. Thanks.

Brainsnake
01-27-2008, 01:31 AM
I don't know how to send e-mails to individual groups unless you belong to them. The way I am doing it is sending an e-mail to the director of this meetup alliance so he can screen it and then pass it on the groups.

Brainsnake
01-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Has anyone else sent an e-mail? Just in case mine doesn't get through. ( RPMeetupAlliance@gmail.com )

Brainsnake
01-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Could a Mod please move this to the Feb 1st Moneybomb forum

Brainsnake
01-27-2008, 05:28 PM
bump

Brainsnake
01-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Could a Mod please move this to the Feb 1st Moneybomb forum

bump

LibertyEagle
01-27-2008, 06:58 PM
I don't know how to send e-mails to individual groups unless you belong to them. The way I am doing it is sending an e-mail to the director of this meetup alliance so he can screen it and then pass it on the groups.

You just send a message to the organizer. There is no reason to belong to the Meetup group to do that.

LibertyEagle
01-27-2008, 07:07 PM
1. Establish a new mail account. Say though yahoo or mail.com.

2. Establish a new Meetup account, here: http://www.meetup.com/register/ and use the new mail account you established.

3. Go here and select a Meetup and send messages to the Organizers.
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/about/

After sending 25 messages to 25 different Meetups, you will need to repeat steps 1-3 all over again.

NOTE: If anyone is serious about doing this, please do this as an organized effort so that Meetup organizers do not receive multiple messages about this fundraiser from us. What has been done before is for someone on here to state which Meetups they will take. The next person comes along and picks up where that person left off and so on.