PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul equals???

satchelmcqueen
01-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Just wondering if some of you feel like I do towards Paul in this reguard.

Basically i love RP and ALL that he stands for, but i cant help but think of him as being like or reminding me of...its sort of like hes a wise ol' pawpaw (grandfather). He just seems so honest. Ahh Im weird i guess. Anyone.:)

BuddyRey
01-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Believe it or not, I've felt the exact same way ever since I came to know about RP. Avuncularity and non-authoritarian, paternal niceness wafts off of him!

The phenomenon doesn't stop at the very young. My dad says RP reminds him of his grandfather. ;-)

specsaregood
01-27-2008, 12:07 AM
No, you aren't alone.

This is why his supporters get passionate and irate when he is insulted by the media.
I have asked other supporters if they, "consider him family, or good friend" and all of them have answered, "Absolutely!".

If somebody insults your family you are much more likely to get violent and get into a fight than if they insult just some person you "support".

pinkmandy
01-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Stop it! He's MY Grandpa!!! :)

Dieseler
01-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Ron Paul is America's Grand Father.

driller80545
01-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Ron Paul is America's Grand Father.

Boy, how much better a slogan that would make!

minitri97
01-27-2008, 01:28 AM
Be careful what you say, I'm quite sure a great deal of Germany considered Hitler like a member of the family.
Ron Paul is a politican, nothing more nothing less. Maybe more honest than most, but still makes his living as a politician.

CurtisLow
01-27-2008, 01:46 AM
///

BuddyRey
01-27-2008, 01:49 AM
Be careful what you say, I'm quite sure a great deal of Germany considered Hitler like a member of the family.
Ron Paul is a politican, nothing more nothing less. Maybe more honest than most, but still makes his living as a politician.

I agree with your warning in spirit, but still believe it to be a woefully inaccurate comparison. One used his charisma to preach racial hatred, social darwinism, and collectivism. He ruled by violence and demanded complete servility to an autocratic and brutal military dictatorship. The other speaks only of free individuals above control of the State, abhors violence, preaches tolerance and non-aggression, and demands the ceasing of tyrannical military intervention altogether.

I could see people comparing Ron Paul to Ghandi, MLK, or even Jesus, but not to that vile despot.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-27-2008, 02:33 AM

I consider members of my family like members of my family. Are you saying I could be turning them into Hitler somehow?

gold standard
01-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Ron Paul takes his salary which he richly deserves and turns down all the perks of political office (the things most politicians live for). He is definately more honest than most people.

satchelmcqueen
01-27-2008, 10:35 AM
No, you aren't alone.

This is why his supporters get passionate and irate when he is insulted by the media.
I have asked other supporters if they, "consider him family, or good friend" and all of them have answered, "Absolutely!".

If somebody insults your family you are much more likely to get violent and get into a fight than if they insult just some person you "support".

absolutly! couldnt have been put better.