PDA

View Full Version : To Those In Small Towns - Endorsements

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-26-2008, 11:19 PM
I live in a small farming community of around 5,000. The Mayor here is fairly popular along with the local preachers and members of the town council. Lately, I have been working on these folks to try to get official endorsements in time for the MD primary. This is something I feel we have all overlooked. In most towns the size of mine, the Mayor's word is gospel and getting a meeting with your town's leadership is usually as simple s going to town hall and knocking on the door. It will mean little to nothing on a national level but the people in your town will surely remember who the Mayor endorsed or who the volunteer fire chief endorsed or who the chief of police endorsed or the Rev. of the Methodist church,etc. In my town there are about 2,000 - 3,000 people who show up to vote in Presidential elections and if we can get even 20% of those to cast their vote for Ron Paul than he will have a very good day in our precint. Now imagine if we had those numbers (or better) from small towns all across MD and all across the country.... We could really start building towards a landslide. Just some food for thought!

TexMac
01-26-2008, 11:21 PM
That's a great idea!

cputter
01-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Great idea!

We're trying to write endorsement letters at:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=102286

please help out with the letters, then you can send them to your local "celebs". Though locally simply going up to them personally might be better.