PDA

View Full Version : would kucinich dropping out and endorsing us help much?

born2drv
01-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Just curious what you guys think?

It would look badly by the far-right Republicans to get such an endorsement.

But it would make a lot of dems out there undecided who have never heard of RP take notice.

In the end I think it would be net positive.... especially if he said he didn't agree with Paul on domestic issues, but was 100% behind him on foreign policy and believed he was the only one that could be trusted to end the war and US interventionism in general all around the world.

Give me liberty
Not really i think :/

DDMX
He already dropped out; as far as I know he didn't endorse anyone.

Abyss
any endorsement (almost)
would be a positive, it would get us attention perhaps.

slantedview
01-26-2008, 10:44 PM
he said that he doesn't intend to endorse another democrat. yes, read that carefully.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Just curious what you guys think?

It would look badly by the far-right Republicans to get such an endorsement.

But it would make a lot of dems out there undecided who have never heard of RP take notice.

In the end I think it would be net positive.... especially if he said he didn't agree with Paul on domestic issues, but was 100% behind him on foreign policy and believed he was the only one that could be trusted to end the war and US interventionism in general all around the world.

Maybe, he actually does well in online polls so he has support somewhere

CJLauderdale4
01-26-2008, 10:45 PM
No way.
This would immediately be reported by the MSM as a way to distance all Republicans in the primary states against Ron Paul. Many Republicans see Kucinich as a kook, just as the MSM is painting Ron Paul. Putting Ron with Dennis only gives them more ammo against Ron.

hueylong
01-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Kiss of Death.

nate895
01-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Kiss of Death.

+1

This would be the end of any Republican considering us, heck I would doubt my support at that point.

hellsingfan
01-26-2008, 10:50 PM
i say attention, and also if his followers (democrats) have some republican friends they may have them come RP's way. That is all I can think of. Or especially in case where you can register the day to vote, like in Alaska then his followers may switch to us, which would help.

So his endorsements can only bring us good, nothing bad. And it could matter in closely contested states.

Jobarra
01-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Considering he dropped out to win his Congressional seat(I think they said he has FOUR Dem contenders), I doubt he would endorse Paul anyway just so that he doesn't lose his seat.

familydog
01-26-2008, 10:51 PM
If he wants to endorse Paul, he would be smart to do it in the general. Less of a chance of alienating the GOP.

ronpaulyourmom
01-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Bad idea for him to endorse us. Dennis voters are an educated voting bloc, they know we exist. Those that want to will have come over already.

StateofTrance
01-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Whether he officially endorses RP or not, his supporters will probably vote RP - considering the MSM treatment K's campaign got and what RP & K stands for.