PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Comment about the Trans Texas Corridor: Pass it On

chiplitfam
01-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Angel Says:
January 26th, 2008 at 7:22 am
There is one issue in this campaign that is very personal to me. My farm stands in the path of the I-69 section of the Trans Texas Corridor (the southern leg of the NAFTA Superhighway). According to President Bush and Mitt Romney, this is supposed to be a “myth”. NASCO maintains that it is only “improving existing trade routes.” For the record, there is NO EXISTING TRADE ROUTE THROUGH MY FARM! At a meeting on January 22, 2008 in Hempstead, Texas, Waller residents were informed that the land (nearly every square inch of this county) will be taken for the NAFTA Superhighway. We were informed that we will be “relocated by the government” and that they will remove us by force if necessary. Under Governor Rick Perry’s “Quick Take” law, they can take the land without giving us fair compensation for it. Millions upon millions of Americans are living and working in the path of the corridor. They believe it can’t happen to them. It’s coming faster than they think. While President Bush is still calling it a “myth”, the Canadian government has announced that they have made agreements with our governments, federal and state, and businesses, to complete the NAFTA Superhighway in its’ entirety. Ron Paul is committed to stopping the NAFTA Superhighway. He is the only candidate who has told us the truth about the NASCO plan. The first Bush dreamed up NAFTA, Bill Clinton signed it, and the current President Bush is pushing the land grab faster than anyone could have imagined. If Ron Paul fails to secure the GOP nomination, he will still win the general election, and the Republicans will never see the inside of the White House again. That’s because, if every American in the path of the NASCO Supercorridor project votes for Ron Paul, he will have the biggest landslide victory since Ronald Reagan ran. That’s how big this thing is.

driller80545
01-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Same thing happening around Wharton.

asgardshill
01-26-2008, 10:52 PM
But what about the human rights of all those document-challenged immigrants who have to suffer on our bumpy interstate highway system? The back of a semi stuffed with boxes of cheap lettuce isn't the most comfortable seating arrangement to begin with. Its obvious that we could never afford even the most rudimentary mass transportation system to get them here in comfort - the TTC is the lowball and temporary solution to a massive national problem.

How can you deny the basic right of immigrants to come to this country via the most comfortable method possible by opposing the TTC? Have you no shame? You heartless bastards. :mad: