Soldiers in Battle: 9
James Hogan (me)
Celina Santos
Jodi Phillips
Allan Reed
Ty Richardson
Brad Penelli
James Hughes
Debra's (from the Low Carb Connection) Brother(?)
There was someone else who didn't list there name, my apologies for not remembering your name.

Target area: Shrewsbury NJ
Objectives:
#1) About 130 houses in the square bounded by Newman Springs Rd (520) on the north, Patterson Ave on the south, Shrewsbury Ave on the west, and Broad St - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

#2) About 500 houses in the square bounded by Patterson Ave on the north, Sycamore Ave on the south, Birch/Samara on the west, and Broad St (Rt 35) on the east. - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

#3) About 75 houses in the triangle bounded by White Rd on the north, Monroe/Constitution Dr on the South/South East, up Heritage back to White Rd and Rt 35 on the west - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

#4) About 600 houses in the square bounded by Rt 35 on the West, Beechwood Dr on the East, White St (not white rd) on the north, and Sycamore on the south. - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Secondary Target hit:
- 500+ slim jims distributed in parking lots of businesses along Rt 35 in Shrewsbury - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Overall, this event was a HUGE success. Brad and Jodi both chipped in some money (or in Brad's case a lot of money) for the cost of the flyers and Gene from the mailing list has also offered to chip in a significant amount which is greatly appreciated. Aside from Allan's group being harassed by the local police at the very end of the day (apparently, some homoner called the police on us, scared about some people walking up to their doors) who told him he needed a permit to hand out flyers. What has this country come to when distribution of information is regulated by the police, or when people are "scared" of their neighbors? Imagine our forefathers two hundred years ago having to spread information about this "John Jay" guy or this "Alexander Hamilton" guy, and not having an internet for people to do additional research. Distributing information the way we did today is how this country was founded, police intervention, yuck. But whatever, it was the end of the day and our mission was accomplished, Allan's group had hit 99% of their target area, and none of the police officers that the rest of us walked past bothered us so overall no major problems with the people or the police.

We started from the Low Carb Connection at 10:30AM and by 12:00PM most of us had arrived back there, all of us were back by about 12:30. In other words, in about 2 hours, the 9 (or 10) of us distributed around 1200-1300 or so flyers (we had extra that people took with them to hand out in their own towns) and 500+ slim jims - Shrewsbury will at least know the answer to the question "Who is Ron Paul?", now hopefully they tell friends and family about Ron Paul and come out to
vote on the 5th. It was somewhere in the mid to upper 40s and the sun was out for the most part so the weather was helpful, or at least not as bad as it could have been.

As a small bonus, Brad and I went to a diner after we finished handing out flyers and the people sitting in a booth behind us were talking about the immigration problem and the economy - so needless to say - we informed them about Ron Paul and hooked them up with a Ron Paul bumper sticker. The woman said she's seen a sign in Brick that said Ron Paul and wanted to get more information. We also spotted a Ron Paul yard sign on Rt 35 south across from Fort Monmouth, about a mile up the road from the area we hit, a nice way to keep the name on
everyone's mind and since I don't think any of us put the sign there, a good sign that there other supporters out there helping out. Or maybe Anthony put this sign up.

Thank you to all of the people who came out today, and thank you to everyone who has been getting all of these emails from me. I honestly was getting nervous that I'd have 1500 flyers to handout myself but this group really came through with support and I think we'll see Revolution Red winning in the area. It sounds like there is talk of another battle next weekend in the Ocean County/Brick NJ and/or the Mercer County/Yardville NJ area - hopefully we can distribute some of
the 14,000 door hangers that Gene has available courtesy of the South Jersey meetup group. If memory servers me correctly, I believe there is a "toll-hike" town-hall meeting next Saturday in Tom's River, NJ at like 1pm - MAYBE - we can get enough people and some door hangers from Gene, hit 1-2000 houses in the Brick NJ and Tom's River NJ areas and then move our mass over to the town-hall meeting to get Ron Paul's name to everyone coming in/out of that event. Let's get a battle plan drawn up and get back out on the streets! Hit your own local neighborhoods on the weekdays and we'll team up to hit the larger areas on the weekend.

We're down to the final week before primaries and this is our last chance to get enough information out there to win on Feb 5.

The initial intelligence report, which we pretty much stuck to, worked perfect and I recommend anyone organizing such an attach make a similar plan. Let's keep going!

================= BEGIN INTEL REPORT =================
Materials Available:
1500 (had an extra 500 printed after doing a rough house count, see below)
500+ slim jims

Soldiers confirmed:
James Hogan (me)
Celina Santos (my girlfriend)
Pete Vanzino
Ty Richardson
Allan Reed
Jim Hughes
Jodi (thelittlebard)

WE REALLY COULD USE AT LEAST 6 MORE PEOPLE! Please help out, even if
only for a few hours. Bring a friend, or two. The more people we have,
the quicker we can get done.

Hopefulls:
Debra's 2 brothers

Weather outlook: Cold, Sunny. Expect temps to be in the low 30s, just
barely above freezing. Dress warm. I won't have time to roll the
flyers together so keep in mind that if you're wearing thick gloves,
it could be difficult to roll the flyers and stuff them into doors,
you'll figure it out as you go.

Mission Objectives:

Objective Area #1: 2 soldiers needed

Ariel Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=464+Broad+St+Shrewsbury+NJ&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=24.079496,58.447266&ie=UTF8&ll=40.336273,-74.067947&spn=0.005635,0.014269&t=h&z=17&om=0
Target Zone: Square bounded by Newman Springs Rd (520) on the north,
Patterson Ave on the south, Shrewsbury Ave on the west, and Broad St
(Rt 35) on the east.
Approximate Roof Top Count: 130
Notes:
This is the area directly behind the meetup point "Low Carb
Connection" and is very low vehicle traffic, dense housing. With 2
people, this is about 65 houses each to be hit and could/should be a
very quick area to hit. (1 hour at most?)

Objective Area #2: 4 soldiers needed
Ariel Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=464+Broad+St+Shrewsbury+NJ&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=24.079496,58.447266&ie=UTF8&ll=40.332102,-74.067893&spn=0.005635,0.014269&t=h&z=17&om=0
Target Zone: Square bounded by Patterson Ave on the north, Sycamore
Ave on the south, Birch/Samara on the west, and Broad St (Rt 35) on
the east.
Approximate Roof top Count: 500
Notes:
Houses are a little farther apart and there are some small elevation
changes between streets. Could take a while to hit this area (maybe 2
hours with 4 people?) - Hopefully team 1 can help in this area after
hitting the first area - we'll have to coordinate as we go via cell
phone.

Objective Area #3: 1 soldier needed
Ariel Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=464+Broad+St+Shrewsbury+NJ&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=24.079496,58.447266&ie=UTF8&ll=40.335104,-74.061166&spn=0.005635,0.014269&t=h&z=17&om=0
Target Zone: "Triangle" bounded by White Rd on the north,
Monroe/Constitution Dr on the South/South East, up Heritage back to
White Rd and Rt 35 on the west
Approximate Roof top Count: 75
Notes:
This is a small area, easy to hit. I suspect the best approach is up
White Rd to Heritage, down one side and around the other back to White
Rd, then down Monroe and back to 35. (1 hour at most) - Hopefully this
person can meetup with the other teams after hitting this area.

If We can get 6 more people -

Objective Area #4: 6 soldiers needed for 2 part mission.
Ariel Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=464+Broad+St+Shrewsbury+NJ&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=24.079496,58.447266&ie=UTF8&ll=40.33081,-74.056488&spn=0.005635,0.014269&t=h&z=17&om=0
Taget Zone: Square bounded by Rt 35 on the West, Beechwood Dr on the
East, White St (not white rd) on the north, and Sycamore on the south.
Approximate Roof top Count: 600
Notes:
"The Grove" is the large shopping center you see on the left of the
map. I propose that a team of 2 take slim jims and flyers with them
and the this 2 soldier team gets flyers to the houses behind the grove
and on the way out, hits the car windshields and/or people on the
sidewalks at the Grove.
The second team of 4 will hit the houses with flyers. This is a A
LARGE area and may take the longest to hit.

If you want to chip in for the cost of the 1500 flyers - I'll take
cash tomorrow morning or you can paypal me at jhogan@fbody.com or, if
you prefer to send a check, leave me an email and I'll send you my
mailing address.

See you all tomorrow morning, 10 AM, at The Low Carb Connection - 464
Broad St, Shrewsbury NJ.

================= END INTEL REPORT =================

--
James Hogan
http://www.txstock.com