PDA

View Full Version : Going for Gold Rally idea on Feb 2 Gold Rush Anniversary

amw721rpfan
01-26-2008, 09:51 PM
I SENT THE MESSAGE BELOW TO MY MEET UP FOR OUR NEXT WEEKLY EVENT & THOUGHT OTHER SUPPORTERS COULD USE THIS IDEA FOR A SATURDAY COMMUNITY EVENT FOR AWARENESS, FUNDRAISING, & LOCAL MEDIA ATTENTION:

Okay, check out the new page on the official Ron Paul website: Going for Gold $5 million by Feb 5th....this is for the Super Tuesday push........Groundhog Day, Feb 2, is also the anniversary in history for the start of the California Gold Rush, 1848 when the first ship of chinese emigrants arrived in San Fransisco to seek their fortune in gold! We could have the new economy presentation available on one lap top for people to watch in small groups....another area with literature....another laptop for people to make online donations and we could also have the paper contribution forms available too. We could have those chocolate gold coins available as a tasty little gimmick......... and I'm not sure about this last bit BUT what if we tried to attract community members to our event by book ending it with a screening of the classic Chaplin silent film "The Gold Rush" (not sure about that idea but it might me okay even if it took up a lot of time-the film is 72 minutes- it might draw in people who might not otherwise come and get their ear for a little campaigning followed by a fun freebie community event)

RUN LOCAL ADS AS TRAILERS:
PICKING A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE LIKE MINING FOR GOLD? STRIKE IT RICH AND FIND OUT ABOUT RON PAUL!

FOCUS ON THE GOING FOR GOLD DONATIONS & HIS NEWLY RELEASED ECONOMIC PLAN - VISIT OUR MEET UP SITE TO SEE OUR POWER POINT PRESENTATION ON ECONOMICS & RON PAUL http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1681/files/

Hope this gives everyone some creative ideas!

jonahtrainer
01-27-2008, 02:07 AM
I made a YouTube for Ron Paul's Gold Rush (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK1iVZwpxdg). Perhaps you'll find it useful?

nobody's_hero
01-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Any chance of moving this one to the 1st as well? I know we'd like for it to be exactly the date coinciding with the gold rush, but for the sake of being united in this effort, it might be best to slide it up one day.