PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite quotes

LivingFree
01-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
Marcus Aurelius

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
Marcus Aurelius

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-26-2008, 09:52 PM
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." - James Madison

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-26-2008, 09:57 PM
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

integrity
01-26-2008, 09:59 PM
THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY

...is repeating the same behavior and expecting different results

merrimac
01-26-2008, 11:30 PM
"Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can CHANGE THE WORLD. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

CaveDog
01-27-2008, 12:25 AM
The liberties of our Country, the freedom of our civil constitution are worth defending at all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have receiv'd them as a fair Inheritance from our worthy Ancestors: They purchas'd them for us with toil and danger and expence of treasure and blood; and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle; or be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men. Of the latter we are in most danger at present: Let us therefore be aware of it. Let us contemplate our forefathers and posterity; and resolve to maintain the rights bequeath'd to us from the former, for the sake of the latter. — Instead of sitting down satisfied with the efforts we have already made, which is the wish of our enemies, the necessity of the times, more than ever, calls for our utmost circumspection, deliberation, fortitude, and perseverance. Let us remember that "if we suffer tamely a lawless attack upon our liberty, we encourage it, and involve others in our doom." It is a very serious consideration, which should deeply impress our minds, that millions yet unborn may be the miserable sharers of the event.

-Samuel Adams, Essay, written under the pseudonym "Candidus," in The Boston Gazette (14 October 1771)

Unspun
01-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Government is the only agency that can take a perfectly good commodity such as paper, slap some ink on it, and make it absolutely worthless. - Ludwig von Mises.

A. Havnes
01-27-2008, 12:49 AM
First of all, see signature.

Now, you're about to see how much I love J.R.R Tolkien!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.” - Bilbo Baggins, LOTR.

"I am not a 'democrat', if only because 'humility' and equality are spiritual principles corrupted by the attempt to mechanize and formalize them, with the result that we get not universal smallness and humility, but universal greatness and pride, till some Orc gets hold of a ring of power--and then we get and are getting slavery." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." - Gandalf, LOTR

"Faithless is he that says fairwell when the road darkens." J.R.R Tolkien

"And so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - Gandalf, LOTR

There's many, many more. I could also do the same for George Orwell, Victor Hugo, and regular people I meet everyday, but I'll post them later. You'll eventually all get sick of me!

A. Havnes
01-27-2008, 08:15 PM
"Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can CHANGE THE WORLD. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

Great quote!

hueylong
01-27-2008, 08:17 PM
There is ONLY ONE quote that matters!

F*ck You, Frank!

-The R3VOLUTION