PDA

View Full Version : An amazing conversion experience...

cska80
01-26-2008, 09:10 PM
I remember a week ago seeing a thread on here pleading with people not to distribute copies of America: Freedom to Fascism when talking to people about Ron Paul, telling people to watch it, etc. I just thought I'd share an experience I had tonight with a friend.

One of my buddies from highschool that I haven't seen in 2 or so years has been on leave from the Navy for a week or so. He's always been a pro war big government guy. He has always trusted the government and always laughed off some of the things I'd throw at him concerning taxes, government dependency, etc., basically libertarian and conservative arguments.

Today we decided to show him America: Freedom to Fascism. Throughout most of the movie he was silent, just staring at the screen in awe of what he was being shown. To make a long story short, the movie totally destroyed the left-right paradigm he was living in, not to mention his outlook on the country, government, freedom, and liberty.

He was so angry that we went into some Ron Paul videos next with some other stuff, and RP surely became his new hero! He said he's definately going to spread the word to his buddies he works with in the Navy the best he can.

Moral of the story is...don't generalize something that is so powerful to change someones life like this movie. Just because you may still be skeptical or not understand it, doesn't mean it's not factual.

Arklatex
01-26-2008, 09:13 PM
great input here

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-26-2008, 09:17 PM
I've converted quite a few people with it.

cska80
01-27-2008, 07:54 AM
Bump.

Rahl
01-27-2008, 07:56 AM
freedom to fascism woke me up, and i'm not even american.

shida
01-27-2008, 08:02 AM

Me too.

Dutch
01-27-2008, 08:02 AM

+1

RonPaulCult
01-27-2008, 08:12 AM
I was half on board with Ron Paul before watching that movie and 100% on board after

dblee
01-27-2008, 08:29 AM
I'm not down with a lot of the more tinfoil hat stuff floating around google video, but America: Freedom to Fascism is an excellent piece of work.

Joe3113
01-27-2008, 08:30 AM
I remember a week ago seeing a thread on here pleading with people not to distribute copies of America: Freedom to Fascism when talking to people about Ron Paul, telling people to watch it, etc. I just thought I'd share an experience I had tonight with a friend.

One of my buddies from highschool that I haven't seen in 2 or so years has been on leave from the Navy for a week or so. He's always been a pro war big government guy. He has always trusted the government and always laughed off some of the things I'd throw at him concerning taxes, government dependency, etc., basically libertarian and conservative arguments.

Today we decided to show him America: Freedom to Fascism. Throughout most of the movie he was silent, just staring at the screen in awe of what he was being shown. To make a long story short, the movie totally destroyed the left-right paradigm he was living in, not to mention his outlook on the country, government, freedom, and liberty.

He was so angry that we went into some Ron Paul videos next with some other stuff, and RP surely became his new hero! He said he's definately going to spread the word to his buddies he works with in the Navy the best he can.

Moral of the story is...don't generalize something that is so powerful to change someones life like this movie. Just because you may still be skeptical or not understand it, doesn't mean it's not factual.

I've been saying we should give copies of Freedom to Fascism to EVERYONE, for weeks!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!!

START BURNING EVERYBODY!!!!!!

StonewallJacksonJenkins
01-27-2008, 08:53 AM
This film converted me. This film and "Why We Fight" are essential to any true understanding of what is going on in our twisted non Christian society.

Whoever tries to supress either of these films should be viewed with a healthey dose of suspicsion by the movement. The truth is not hard to pick out when everyone else is lying.

Thruth in 2008. Freedom by 2009.

Pharoah
01-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Truth is powerful - that's how you recognize it.

disciple
01-27-2008, 09:07 AM
Ok guys, now go make hundreds of copies and distribute it.

maghi85
01-27-2008, 09:14 AM

me 3

skeryl
01-27-2008, 09:55 AM
I loved the film as well.. but my bubble busted when i read wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America:_From_Freedom_to_Fascism

I just think you need to thread carefully if what was asserted in the movie was not all facts..

P Campbell
01-27-2008, 09:56 AM
I've been saying we should give copies of Freedom to Fascism to EVERYONE, for weeks!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!!

START BURNING EVERYBODY!!!!!!

Freedom to Fascism=road to Damascus

Joe3113
01-27-2008, 09:57 AM
...our twisted non Christian society.

Society isn't twisted due to a lack of Christianity, my friend. Society is twisted because people are living in a box that was created and is maintained by international bankers. Fortunately, the core group of Ron Paul supporters are not trapped within that box, and are trying to get people out of it, for their own good and the good of everybody.

mexicanpizza
01-27-2008, 09:59 AM
It's powerful, but be aware that anyone with even a tiny analytical side will find it to be the BS that it is. http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html

I feel guilty using films of questionable honesty to convert people, but if it works... :D

Chuang-Tzu
01-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Fortunately, the core group of Ron Paul supporters are not trapped within that box, and are trying to get people out of it, for their own good and the good of everybody.

Amen brother!

Joe3113
01-27-2008, 10:03 AM

I just think you need to thread carefully if what was asserted in the movie was not all facts..

Of course they would try to smear Aaron Russo on wikipedia. It is completely controlled by the feds.

The federal income tax is unconstitutional and immoral. Period.

Crickett
01-27-2008, 10:07 AM
It's powerful, but be aware that anyone with even a tiny analytical side will find it to be the BS that it is. http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html

I feel guilty using films of questionable honesty to convert people, but if it works... :D

Well, if all this stuff is true..why didn't the guy who put it all together claim the reward? Huh?

skeryl
01-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Of course they would try to smear Aaron Russo on wikipedia. It is completely controlled by the feds.

The federal income tax is unconstitutional and immoral. Period.

but thats whats great about wikipedia, You can change it if you can prove otherwise... Ive been looking and i haven't found anything yet... I'll keep looking.

Joe3113
01-27-2008, 10:13 AM

LOL

From that site...

"Even if the major premise is correct, and labor is a form of property, the conclusion is still wrong because the Internal Revenue Code does not tax labor itself, but the compensation received for labor (i.e., the income from labor)."

That is a pretty ridiculous argument.

The One
01-27-2008, 10:21 AM

Can we all agree to stop using wikipedia as a source of accurate information to support our arguments? Wikipedia is a joke and doesn't lend credibility to any argument being made, imho.

RonRules
01-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Do pass around Ron Paul DVD's too. They're often free at meetups.

cska80
01-27-2008, 10:48 AM

There are many criticisms of the film and the argument in general. Many of them are just twisting words and distorting reality and history. For example, on that site, it says:

The narrator in the film then states "[Rothschild] knew that he and the other bankers would now control the laws of the nation," which gives the impression that Rothschild was involved in passing the Federal Reserve Act. The Federal Reserve Act was passed, however, in 1913; Rothschild died in 1812.

The point of that quote is not that Rothschild knew that having a central bank in the US specifically would allow them to take it over. The point of the quote is that whoever controls a nations money, in any country or society, controls the laws and goverment. It matters not if he said it before or after 1913. The intent of a central bank system is a historical fact.

The rest of that site picks apart quotes and what not. I'm sure you can find people arguing that Eisenhower really wasn't concerned about the military industrial complex and that he's been misquoted even though it was filmed, and can pick apart any quote to fit your own agenda.

The fact of the matter is, people have been found innocent in tax evasion cases based on the argument that the income tax is illegal, and also it has been argued and found to be true, in courts, that it was never clearly ratified. It also implies that your private property, your labor, is owned by the goverment. Therefore, the government owns you. Any argument I've ever seen against these views and other views on the income tax have been simply deflective dribble to take you away from the core argument to squabble over irrelevant issues.

In the end, I still haven't seen the law that states you must pay your income tax.

StonewallJacksonJenkins
01-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Society isn't twisted due to a lack of Christianity, my friend. Society is twisted because people are living in a box that was created and is maintained by international bankers. Fortunately, the core group of Ron Paul supporters are not trapped within that box, and are trying to get people out of it, for their own good and the good of everybody.

True, very true. I guess that my point was not that the lack of Christianity itself, but a lack of it's ideals as in reguards to Money Changers (international banksters), Just Christian War Theory and other related points. Our societies moral composs is all mixed up and Ron Paul's Christian ideals are what will help us get that compuss needle pointing North again. If Ron was Jewish, it would be his Jewish ideals that would help us as it is all an means to an end. What I am trying to say is that he looks to peace, love, and fairness for his roadmap.

The Old Testament emphisises quite a bit about how the Lord does not like unfair scales (ie the dollar not being fixed to Gold or defined). The New testament perhaps has the most anti Bankster message in the part where Jesus attacks the Money Changers in the Temple, BTW this is the only time that Jesus was violent in his life that we know of so he must have been very against what they were doing, and still is. I was taught in Sunday school that the reason that Jesus attacked the Money Changers was because they allowed gambleing, thats a cop out. The real reason that Jesus was so mad is that they were cornering the silver market by only accepting pure silver coin (a 1/2 schekile) for entrance to the temple. They were then putting debased currency out the other side and hoarding the Silver to increase it's value. This closley resembbles what is going on today once it is put into perspective.

Cleaner44
01-27-2008, 11:00 AM
We need someone inside Netflix to replace every outgoing movie with Freedom to Fascism.

Spideynw
01-27-2008, 11:18 AM

Only conspiracy theorists buy into it, and that is exactly the label we do not need.

fxmercenary
01-27-2008, 11:30 AM
freedom to facism is the first documentary that i ever saw, it woke me up, thats why im here now

Shink
01-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Aaron Russo got a ton of votes in Nevada (for governor??). This documentary isn't the same as handing them Endgame. Endgame comes AFTER Freedom to Fascism.;) You could also show them Money as Debt. It gets as Barney-style as you can when talking about how money works.

InLoveWithRon
01-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Now this is THE BEST part about the ROn Paul MOVEMENT! Young people are learning.. And that can only bode well for a better future.

Shink
01-27-2008, 11:41 AM
Only conspiracy theorists buy into it, and that is exactly the label we do not need.

THAT would include Ron Paul, then. People who blast the movie are either nitpicking or just don't want to believe that the income tax is how bankers get their money and control.

Check out David Rockefeller's reaction to Ron Paul: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qOLZvunFYm8
:D:D:D

bgoldwater
01-27-2008, 11:48 AM
I do not like that movie. I hate conspiracy theories. We should be criticizing the Fed for its policies and not the way it was formed.

Shink
01-27-2008, 11:51 AM
I do not like that movie. I hate conspiracy theories. We should be criticizing the Fed for its policies and not the way it was formed.

We should be criticizing its very existence. It was formed in secrecy whether you want to think about that or not.

affa
01-27-2008, 12:46 PM

You do realize that even 'official' explanations of how things happen are conspiracy theories, right? They just have the stamp of approval from... the people that own and control everything.

It's also worth considering that the media has been denouncing 'conspiracy theorists' as kooks for quite a long time, to great success. Meaning, the second anyone questions the 'official' explanation of anything people like you that 'hate conspiracy theories' will instantly shut off and consider the person a nut.

Point is - let's assume that our current gov't is on the up and up. In that case, your refusal to have an open mind to conspiracy theories just happens to be 'correct', in that the official explanation is always correct. But the second we have ANY sort of corruption, your refusal to listen to conspiracy theories not only makes you wrong in your beliefs, but makes you an unknowing accomplice to those in power in their goals to suppress the truth and oppress the people.

And since we know there must be corruption in the gov't...

Please, please research the following two events in US history: the Gulf of Tonkin and the USS Liberty. I could give you a few dozen more if you'd like too.

Shink
01-27-2008, 12:52 PM
My sig: Who will guard(watch) the guards themselves? Think about it.