PDA

View Full Version : Canvassed for the first time today

doronster195
01-26-2008, 09:00 PM
In California. Got a few people to take flyers, some people denied, some people mocked. But it was a good experience.

JimInNY
01-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Excellent.

steve005
01-26-2008, 09:10 PM
keep it up

TER
01-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Today was my first day canvassing too. Very fun experience. The most conversive people, I feel, were the elderly.

cska80
The revolution will not be televised!

mugen
Just keep a positive outlook.
When I canvassed on thursday about 50% didn't answer the door.
25% that did answer weren't very talkative and just wanted to take the flyer and go back inside.

the last quarter was very receptive, asked questions, and gladly took the flyer and seemed enthusiastic.

I've only done maybe 30 houses or so though :P

can't wait to get back on the street probably tomorrow

ItsTime
01-26-2008, 09:13 PM
are you signed up at https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

If not please do so, and THANK YOU. this is the only way people will open their eyes.

FSP-Rebel
01-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Instead of engaging in conversation with people, we used to just rubberband the slimjims to the doorknobs and move on. That way, you can cover alot more territory in one outing. Or, get the voters list from the national web site and map a block out and target only specific voters. Nothing wrong with talking to people, but CA is a Big state;)

jacmicwag
01-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Don't give up - we went out for the first time today also. Our pitch:

1. Hi, I'm ______ and live in the neighborhood. We're out canvassing for the upcoming Texas primary.

2. Are you planning on voting March 4th in the upcoming primary? (Let them respond)

3. Do you have a favorite candidate or are you still checking out the field? (Let them respond)

4. My candidate is Ron Paul. We'd appreciate your support (hand them flyer) if you like what you see.

The Ron Paul freaks will light up the moment they realize who you are supporting. Others will be luke warm and may even want to talk issues. Many will just take the flyer and head back to the TV.

I've been involved in many projects the past 6 months. This is where the rubber hits the road.

ItsTime
01-26-2008, 09:17 PM
I disagree...

YOU MUST go here and sign up https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

HQ has given us the tools if we think we can do better we will fail. IMO

Instead of engaging in conversation with people, we used to just rubberband the slimjims to the doorknobs and move on. That way, you can cover alot more territory in one outing. Or, get the voters list from the national web site and map a block out and target only specific voters. Nothing wrong with talking to people, but CA is a Big state;)

krott5333
01-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Don't give up - we went out for the first time today also. Our pitch:

1. Hi, I'm ______ and live in the neighborhood. We're out canvassing for the upcoming Texas primary.

2. Are you planning on voting March 4th in the upcoming primary? (Let them respond)

3. Do you have a favorite candidate or are you still checking out the field? (Let them respond)

4. My candidate is Ron Paul. We'd appreciate your support (hand them flyer) if you like what you see.

The Ron Paul freaks will light up the moment they realize who you are supporting. Others will be luke warm and may even want to talk issues. Many will just take the flyer and head back to the TV.

I've been involved in many projects the past 6 months. This is where the rubber hits the road.

:eek:

That is the best script I've seen so far! THANK YOU! I'll be using that as well.

woohoooooooo! :cool: