PDA

View Full Version : Obama beat the poop out of Hillary

nodope0695
01-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Looks like the annointed one, Hillary Clinton, is on the rocks. I think she's on her way out....

Fact is, dems seem far more fired up about this election than the GOP. Regarless of who gets the Dem nomination, we GOPers and indies have our work cut out for us.

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Yea!

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 08:17 PM
I respectfully disagree.

Hillary is still the frontrunner, just a little less so. It's good for us either way because it weekens her in the general elecion if she gets that far. Plus, we scoop up a lot of anti-war obama people.

If OBH wins the primaries, he is super vulnerable in the general because of his lack of experience.
Plus it plants that seed in people's minds that underdogs (like Paul) can win.

LivingFree
01-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Hillary has been "chosen" by the elite to win. Why else would she have bothered staying with Bill?

Hillary will win the democratic nomination. I'm more interested in seeing how the elite works to win the presidency.

merrimac
01-27-2008, 01:22 AM
Hillary has been "chosen" by the elite to win. Why else would she have bothered staying with Bill?

That's the sense that I also get but they also drummed up Obama. I didn't watch his 2004 supposedly brilliant speech at the Democratic convention and 95% of everyone else never would have heard of him if the media hadn't used every excuse to talk about him.

So I am naturally very wary of this "change" that he's been talking about. I have a theory that as life in America gets shittier and shittier, the elite will keep hand picking a "change" candidate who is great at giving speeches but in practice is the same old same old. On the other hand, while I think Obama is a fraud, I know Hillary is a fraud. And I hope I'm wrong on Obama. If America decides to break the Bush-Clinton cycle, I'll consider that a minor victory.

Vote Ron Paul but hope Obama knocks Hillary out.

nodope0695
01-27-2008, 07:58 AM
I didn't watch his 2004 supposedly brilliant speech at the Democratic convention and 95% of everyone else never would have heard of him if the media hadn't used every excuse to talk about him.

I got that same feeling. The media really did prop him up. I remember thinking, 'who the hell is this dude?' I'll tell ya though, I watched his victory speech last night, and I can see why people are flocking to him. He says the right things - but I'm sceptical.

I'm with you, vote RP, and hope Obama beats Hillary for the Dem nomination. This American version of monarchy (Bush-Clinton-Bush...) has got to be broken.

Fox McCloud
01-27-2008, 08:07 AM
In general, I think it would be better if Hillary got the nomination than Obama. While at their core, the two seem practically the same, on the outer shell Obama attracts more young people, the "change" crowd, and those who lean towards anti-establishment.

if Hillary were to get it, it could give us a potential boost.

or the people won't vote at all...or they'll just fall into the dangerous trap of "oh well, she IS a Democrat after all; better than any Republican...I'll vote for her".

*shrug* who knows.

Personally, I think Hillary will get it.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-27-2008, 08:36 AM
I got that same feeling. The media really did prop him up. I remember thinking, 'who the hell is this dude?' I'll tell ya though, I watched his victory speech last night, and I can see why people are flocking to him. He says the right things - but I'm sceptical.

He's great in front of a camera. I'll give him that. I have a friend who met and spoke with him at some type of private fundraising function, and he said Barack didn't come off too well in person. He noted a weird lack of eye contact (sincerity). He chalked it up to the fact that the Obama has to talk to so many people all of the time, he probably has to stay socially distant. I didn't really know what to think, since I didn't see it.

pcosmar
01-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Ya all are enjoying this circus.;)
It is just that, a show, entertainment for the masses.
Clinton is the chosen candidate, but the show must go on. The illusion of choice must be maintained.
I have NO interest in voting Democrat, but the numbers of voters coming out can not be discounted.
They are out numbering the Republicans, and the GOP needs to be aware of this.
They are doing the same thing on their side, putting on a show, selling anointed candidates to the crowd. None are what they are being sold as.
Ron Paul is the only authentic Conservative, but since he won't bend to their will, he is being excluded. He does not fit the plan.
I am over the circus. I want my country back.
Ron Paul is the only hope for a return to Honesty.