PDA

View Full Version : Where is RON concentrating?

Lord Xar
01-26-2008, 06:57 PM
I have not seen one tv commercial, nor have I heard any recent radio ads in Los Angeles -- cali?

Where did he dump his money into, for the upcoming feb5th? And can anyone confirm they are seeing his presence.

Arklatex
01-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Only effect I've seen is someone from the offical campaign came and spoke at a local university, that was last week.

trey4sports
01-26-2008, 07:04 PM
i concur. i live in KC Missouri which is a feb 5 state and ive not seen one adv. i didnt think he'd campaign here because were a winnner take all (i believe) but still... makes me wonder

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Shhh! I have no idea. Supposedly it's a secret we don't want the trolls to steal.

1776Patriot
01-26-2008, 07:17 PM
One has to wonder a tad bit at least about where the funds are going. I haven't heard much on any huge nation wide advertising and all the grassroots Meetups etc support themselves with their own DVDs or slim jims etc or we make our own fliers up. So with the somewhat, dare one say, small numbers in the actual votes that have been done and count - what exactly is the battle plan and where is the main HQ focusing and putting the funds into? :confused:

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 07:21 PM
One has to wonder a tad bit at least about where the funds are going. I haven't heard much on any huge nation wide advertising and all the grassroots Meetups etc support themselves with their own DVDs or slim jims etc or we make our own fliers up. So with the somewhat, dare one say, small numbers in the actual votes that have been done and count - what exactly is the battle plan and where is the main HQ focusing and putting the funds into? :confused:

My theory is that he is holding onto his funds to run as an Independent. Of course what do I know.

sgrooms
01-26-2008, 07:23 PM
no ads here in arizona, also a super tuesday state

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 07:25 PM
I heard a few radio ads in MI in the week before the primary, but not that much.

zakkubin
01-26-2008, 07:25 PM
My thing is why are we not seeing new speeches every few days?
I'm tired of watching cpan play new speeches of the other candidates all through the night.
At first I thought they were just blacking Paul out but now I realize they aren't on here, youtube, or his website so they aren't happening...

And I'm talking about the town hall meeting style ones where the audience just ask questions.
Ron is very good at these and could convert hundreds daily.

Also these take nearly zero money to do! How is Huckabee gaining support? He speaks to large crowds. He has churches and Paul should have the colleges.

I know if he came to my state it would be HUGE because no candidate comes here... - Arkansas.

It would be on every channel and if he "called the hogs" he would win the state...

jumpyg1258
01-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Never heard or seen an ad here in the DC area.

trey4sports
01-26-2008, 07:27 PM
My theory is that he is holding onto his funds to run as an Independent. Of course what do I know.

thats a good theory, it could hold a lot of merit

I personally believe that hes using the strategy he used in his congressional bids. Last minute blitz
wait until feb 2 when Maine is over and run ads like crazy.

TexMac
01-26-2008, 07:35 PM
I have not seen one tv commercial, nor have I heard any recent radio ads in Los Angeles -- cali?

Where did he dump his money into, for the upcoming feb5th? And can anyone confirm they are seeing his presence.I have a friend in San Francisco who got a mailer, one of the slick ones. Unfortunately it didn't mention that he was against the war.:(

Another friend tells me that radio ads are running in Orange county.

wgadget
01-26-2008, 07:37 PM
I've heard some radio ads here in ATL.

InLoveWithRon
01-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Shhh! I have no idea. Supposedly it's a secret we don't want the trolls to steal.

the secret will be revealed on Feb 6th

specsaregood
01-26-2008, 07:44 PM
I personally believe that hes using the strategy he used in his congressional bids. Last minute blitz

Indeed. Although, I was canvassing today in NJ, in a very affluent area, and somebody told me they had gotten a mailer from the campaign TODAY.

No1ButPaul08
01-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Campaign spokesman, Jesse Benton, said that every last penny would be spent before Feb. 5. This was on an interview with rpradio.

familydog
01-26-2008, 08:02 PM

If that is the case, I'll lose respect for him.

In any case, since people make their minds up at the last minute, my guess is that he is waiting close to Feb. 5th and then bombard people with ads.

zakkubin
01-26-2008, 08:09 PM
I can understand the strategy of spending all the cash right before the 5th but what about the lack of visible speeches, rallies, and town house meetings?

I bet he could just have an adviser do a generic opening statement explaining what Ron Paul is about. ( 20 minutes or so ) Then let Paul come on stage and answer questions from the audience for 90 minutes.

He really excels in this and would easily win over the crowd with his honest answers.

Record these and post them on the main page under a label that acknowledges the blackout of Ron Paul.

Oh if there is a projector at the college and a lack of initial questions he could just play previous debates.

Thats a killer strategy in so many ways. Let's say he is in Arkansas... He could play Huck claiming he was the only one warning of the economy. Then he could play parts of speeches from years ago and finally the Michigan debate.

I bet he could get David Walker and Micheal S. to come along with him if the campaign payed their way. This would be an amazing strategy that cost nearly nothing and would be covered by the local news.

TexMac
01-26-2008, 09:07 PM
http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/1/26/193554/593

I Just Received a Ron Paul Robo-Call

by Todd Beeton (http://todd_beeton.mydd.com/), Sat Jan 26, 2008 at 07:35:54 PM EST
Sorry, a bit off-topic, but I just received a robo-call from the Ron Paul campaign. The soothing recorded voice assured me that Ron Paul is the one "consistent conservative" in the race, adopting some of Fred Thompson's orphaned language. The California primary delivers delegates proportionally by congressional district, so clearly the Paul campaign thinks they have a serious shot at some delegates in the areas in and around Los Angeles (and I assume in the Bay Area.)

1776Patriot
01-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Has anyone bothered to contact the RP HQ and ask such things as blatant as "why aren't you running adds everywhere" or "why aren't you doing townhall talks" etc? I don't have a lot of funds really to my name and thus I do things from a grassroots level like making up our own fliers to distribute etc, but if the HQ isn't doing something on their end and they loose because they held onto our money that we have given for this very purpose - I imagine there will be many left with the feeling a hole burned in ones pocket or money spent on nothing.

phixion
01-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Maybe we will see some swift-boating by Paul.

Or maybe nothing.

Pete

Dutch
01-27-2008, 03:14 PM
This sounds most plausible to me.

Dutch