PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Racing

AFedForFreedom
01-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Ladies and Gentleman, Start Your Engines!

There are some supporters who have secured the Yates Racing Team's #28 Sprint Cup NASCAR car for the DAYTONA 500!!!

This is one of the top 10 watched sporting events of the year.

The exposure is nationwide and HUGE!

The car just tested 4th fastest last week and is being driven by well known NASCAR Driver Travis Krapvil.

Check out their web site and get on board!

You too can have a car in the biggest NASCAR race of the year!

AFedForFreedom
01-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Did I forget to put the link to their web site in my post?

RON PAUL RACING (http://www.ronpaulracing.com)

www.ronpaulracing.com

ToryNotion
01-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Could this project be given its own section like the Blimp project? This will be a huge story if the effort is successful and get a lot of media exposure for Dr Paul. The number of the car (#28) they want to sponsor has a lot of history and had been out of use for a number of years. The #28 returning will be a big story to NASCAR fans and then you put on top of that the Ron Paul sponsorship! It will be huge and get a lot of people talking about Dr Paul. Please help the project by donating at www.ronpaulracing.com. If you are a racing fan posting on racing forums and calling into sports talk radio shows (plug the URL) will help to. Just make sure you talk about sports and then slide the car sponsorship in. I was able to get on a nationwide racing show on Fox Sports this morning (Raceday). Let's get behind this awesome project folks!

ToryNotion
01-27-2008, 09:27 AM
www.ronpaulracing.com bump

AFedForFreedom
01-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Could this project be given its own section like the Blimp project? This will be a huge story if the effort is successful and get a lot of media exposure for Dr Paul. The number of the car (#28) they want to sponsor has a lot of history and had been out of use for a number of years. The #28 returning will be a big story to NASCAR fans and then you put on top of that the Ron Paul sponsorship! It will be huge and get a lot of people talking about Dr Paul. Please help the project by donating at www.ronpaulracing.com. If you are a racing fan posting on racing forums and calling into sports talk radio shows (plug the URL) will help to. Just make sure you talk about sports and then slide the car sponsorship in. I was able to get on a nationwide racing show on Fox Sports this morning (Raceday). Let's get behind this awesome project folks!

Well said Tory....

I am hoping the powers at be will give this it's own section, this could be one of the biggest was to get nationwide exposure there is. This sport isn't just a southern thing anymore. There are racetracks that sell out in Las Vegas, California, Chicago, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Texas, Alabama... you name it these days!

Plus the commentators aren't as likely to try to squelch Dr. paul's name like the talking heads on the ''news" reports.

To the finish line!

bkreigh
01-28-2008, 04:41 PM
This would be awesome. Yates doesnt drive that crap Toyota so that will go well with NASCAR fans. Stewart was my #1 guy until they started talking about Toyota. Newman was always a close 2nd so it didnt bother me much. Just another driver i wont root for. Now if Kvapil drives around in a RP car I would cheer for him that race over Newman. Could you imagine the Ron Paul car in victory circle. That would be a sight to see.

kentucky9
01-28-2008, 05:33 PM
This would be a great investment for all of the people to see their campaign contributions used! Qualifying will be covered, and with the re-entry of the #28, will definitely be covered. It will gain attention on TV on qualifying Sunday, the Twin 150's on Thursday, and the Daytona 500 on Sunday.

If they do not sponsor the 28 car, then I just gotta ask what the campaign is waiting for! I have not seen nor heard a campaign commercial short of youtube! Put those dollars to work....unless your are saving them for a glorious independent run of which the 500 would give great exposure.

tamor
01-28-2008, 05:36 PM
How much has been raised?

ToryNotion
01-28-2008, 05:41 PM
This would get a lot of media attention in addition to around 4 hours of raceday coverage viewed by around 25 million fans.

ToryNotion
01-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Think of it as if Tom Brady had Ron Paul on his jersey during the super bowl.

attackkatt
01-28-2008, 05:49 PM
I would love to see it too, but how much space are we looking at. 12" a hood or 1/4 panel or a ron paul sticker on the decklid?

ToryNotion
01-28-2008, 05:51 PM
How much raised? The site currently says abour $7,800. On the site they quote $400K as the top end cost which I imagine is to be the primary sponsor. There are a lot of kickbacks to the sponsor that would be auctioned off (as I understand) and go back to grassroots fund-raising.

Its unusual that a car like the #28 with a solid organization like Yates racing would not have a sponsor but they've said they will run the car plain if no sponsor can be found. This car is locked into the first 5 races of the season so it will be in the race.

attackkatt
01-28-2008, 05:51 PM
How about this... everytime travis gets in a crash we use RP stickers instead of 200mph duct tape????

ToryNotion
01-28-2008, 05:53 PM
There is a meeting planned with Yates tomorrow (taking this from the website) so I'm sure there will be more info re: options and costs then.

Staupostek
01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
This would get a lot of media attention in addition to around 4 hours of raceday coverage viewed by around 25 million fans.

That's assuming the car makes it to the finish, which isn't always the case even with the best of teams and drivers. But I think the idea, itself, would garner a lot of attention regardless of how they finish. :D

Staupostek
01-28-2008, 05:59 PM
How about this... everytime travis gets in a crash we use RP stickers instead of 200mph duct tape????

Maybe we could sell these to all the teams to use.

AFedForFreedom
01-28-2008, 06:11 PM
How much raised? The site currently says abour $7,800. On the site they quote $400K as the top end cost which I imagine is to be the primary sponsor. There are a lot of kickbacks to the sponsor that would be auctioned off (as I understand) and go back to grassroots fund-raising.

Its unusual that a car like the #28 with a solid organization like Yates racing would not have a sponsor but they've said they will run the car plain if no sponsor can be found. This car is locked into the first 5 races of the season so it will be in the race.

Remember, this amount is after just 2 days of taking donations AND they had trouble with accepting credit cards the first day.

One supporter stepped up with a $2000 donation... now we only need about 199 more like him or her!!! :)

This is a tremendous opportunity for those who are maxxed out in the campaign fund.

Do you know anyone else who can say "Yeah, I've got a car in the Daytona 500...which one, you ask..... the Yates #28" WOW!!!

Let's make this happen!!!!

ToryNotion
01-28-2008, 07:49 PM
NASCAR Nation's Big Story: The Cost of Racing

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/3489526

[quote]
Types of Sponsorship

* Primary: Hood and rear quarter panels plus uniform and equipment logos — $12-16 million, though the largest accounts in Nextel Cup are now approaching $20 million.
* Major Associate: Rear deck lid or rear quarter panels plus prominent logo on uniform — $2-4 million
* Associate: B or C post or lower rear quarter panels — wide range from $50,000 to $500,000 depending on level of off-track appearance and advertising guarantees.
* Contingency Sponsors: Smaller decals that cover the front fenders, programs typically set up with NASCAR and then offered to teams in exchange for decal placement. Example: Bud Pole Award, Raybestos Rookie Contenders, MBNA Mid-Race Leader Award. Cost of sponsorship varies widely and payouts to teams vary from program to program. Teams aren't required to run contingency sponsors, and typically don't if there is a conflict with one of their primaries.

[quote]
There are 36 points races in the NASCAR season so you can do the math for one race.

AFedForFreedom
01-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Let's keep this in the forefront for those who haven't heard about it!

Maxxed out....?

Donate all you want to this project!

Remember, they have Dr. Paul's brother as the accountant on this one.... you know he thinks it's a great idea!!!!

DrRP08
02-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Is Travis Kvapil still racing in the Ron Paul car? I heard on the T.V. that he poled in the top 10.

lancey3
02-10-2008, 06:33 PM
calling billionaire.

AWESOME IDEA

freedomintheusa
02-12-2008, 02:32 AM
Yes it is the latest news, you heard it here first. now go see for yourself.......http://www.ronpaulracing.com/blog/?p=35

dementedme
02-19-2008, 11:42 AM
what about kenny wallace?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=V21d4Y2OdgE

Misesian
02-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Yes it is the latest news, you heard it here first. now go see for yourself.......http://www.ronpaulracing.com/blog/?p=35

Uhh, what happened to the site???

pavilion33
02-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Take the money and run?

berrybunches
02-24-2008, 02:30 AM
I just found ronpaulracing.org

It says they are in the process of moving? weird.

Joseph Hart
02-24-2008, 04:16 AM
I dont want to speculate too much but possible scam?

tajitj
04-12-2008, 11:43 AM
http://www.ronpaulracing.com/www.ronpaulracing.com

No wonder people do not donate to grassroots efforts.

Does anybody know the deal with this. It sounds like people got way in over there heads. So basically the are claiming the Liberty PAC stole the money and left them. So who ran the Liberty PAC. Someone needs an asskicking.

Highland
04-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Is Travis Kvapil still racing in the Ron Paul car? I heard on the T.V. that he poled in the top 10.

Gotta be runnin' fast to catch the marketing of the decals......didn't even get a glimpse of RP on Wallace.

Gin
04-21-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure what ended up happening with it.... they moved the site to www.ronpaulracing.org but that is as far as it went.......It wasn't a scam, but it did have alot of drama with it.....not sure what came of it... I will check into it and see what I can find out tho......

http://www.ronpaulracing.com/www.ronpaulracing.com

No wonder people do not donate to grassroots efforts.

Does anybody know the deal with this. It sounds like people got way in over there heads. So basically the are claiming the Liberty PAC stole the money and left them. So who ran the Liberty PAC. Someone needs an asskicking.

soapmistress
04-21-2008, 05:51 PM
http://www.libertyracingpac.org/