PDA

View Full Version : Which website do you prefer?

DDMX
01-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Just to see the general consensus..

Drea
01-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Please just stop.

People have been promoting both for a few days now.

There isn't a way to stop them now. How could we possibly get everyone to read one post clarifying the "real" site??

Just promote whichever one you want.

Drea

Sey.Naci
01-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Drea, the fiftyoneyears site just came up a couple of hours ago, so people couldn't have been promoting it for days. That accounts for why PFV has many more pledges than 51yrs.

colecrowe
01-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Drea, the fiftyoneyears site just came up a couple of hours ago, so people couldn't have been promoting it for days. That accounts for why PFV has many more pledges than 51yrs.

QFT

Drea
01-26-2008, 06:54 PM

I know, my mistake. I meant the other one, the www.paulfamilyvalues.com

but Bryan created the banner this afternoon and it has taken off from there.

I don't know what to do about it other than ask people to promote both.

You can look at the timeline of this developing this morning... I didn't know what website to tell Bryan about and now it is too late.

Drea

Sey.Naci
01-26-2008, 07:07 PM
I know, my mistake. I meant the other one, the www.paulfamilyvalues.com

but Bryan created the banner this afternoon and it has taken off from there.

I don't know what to do about it other than ask people to promote both.

You can look at the timeline of this developing this morning... I didn't know what website to tell Bryan about and now it is too late.

DreaSee the Feedback sub-forum and add your comments to this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1088940#post1088940). I've asked Bryan to add a banner from the PFV site instead.

Drea
01-26-2008, 07:13 PM
See the Feedback sub-forum and add your comments to this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1088940#post1088940). I've asked Bryan to add a banner from the PFV site instead.

Thanks Sey.Naci,

I've added my comments also.

Drea

anewvoice
01-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Crap, I( just realized that people will need to "register and login" to pledge on paulfamilyvalues.com. I don't personally mind, but interest online is measured in seconds and this will kill any large sign up effort imho.

Sentinelrv
01-26-2008, 07:18 PM
fiftyoneyears looks cleaner.

Sentinelrv
01-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Crap, I( just realized that people will need to "register and login" to pledge on paulfamilyvalues.com. I don't personally mind, but interest online is measured in seconds and this will kill any large sign up effort imho.

So we should go with fiftyoneyears.

anewvoice
01-26-2008, 07:23 PM
So we should go with fiftyoneyears.

I love the greeting card thing, it's very inspirational, but there is simply no need to force people to register. Perhaps someone could quick add something similar to the other site.

Simpler is better, but picking one is critical!

MRoCkEd
01-26-2008, 07:32 PM
The grassroots has the ideas and the power
Trevor is good at organizing
let's please just get behind www.fiftyoneyears.com

- The site is simpler and looks better, no registration needed
- URL is more catchy
- Trevor (Nov. 5th/Teaparty/MLK) sponsored

I think fiftyoneyears should link to an ecard if people want to sign it
but all pledges should be made at www.fiftyoneyears.com

Drea
01-26-2008, 07:49 PM
The grassroots has the ideas and the power
Trevor is good at organizing
let's please just get behind www.fiftyoneyears.com

- The site is simpler and looks better, no registration needed
- URL is more catchy
- Trevor (Nov. 5th/Teaparty/MLK) sponsored

I think fiftyoneyears should link to an ecard if people want to sign it
but all pledges should be made at www.fiftyoneyears.com

from what I hear the fiftyoneyears site was put up by Trevor. I don't know where it came from with certainty.

This is getting confusing.

www.paulfamilyvalues.com has been up and going longer AND it already has an e-card!

Drea
and I like paulfamilyvalues more!

terlinguatx
01-26-2008, 07:54 PM

Nickel
01-26-2008, 08:24 PM
One looks like it's trying to sell me cheap flowers and the other makes me think someone died.

:p

Itzsoez
01-26-2008, 08:35 PM
we should just donate whatever we can as soon as possible before feb. 5th

DDMX
01-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Just an idea, maybe the owners of both sites can get together and transfer some of the info pictures etc to fiftyoneyears

patriotcalendar
01-26-2008, 09:13 PM
I love the greeting card thing, it's very inspirational, but there is simply no need to force people to register.

There are two needs for the registration.

1) The website has to have a way of "remembering" the people who pledged in a way that allows them access to edit their greeting if they desire.

2) It keeps automated spambots (and deters opposing candidate supporters) from filling in bogus pledges.

The only key piece of information obtained by the registration process, is an email address to be used to send out the donation reminder.

Sey.Naci
01-26-2008, 09:35 PM
fiftyoneyears looks cleaner.It looks like it was set up for a funeral.

I prefer the domain of fiftyoneyears to the domain of paulfamilyvalues, but design-wise the former site is terrible. As to the latter, have never liked the term 'family values'. Not all of us have family, for one thing, which makes the term exclusionary.

Sey.Naci
01-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Am wondering if the design issue is partly a difference between male and female taste? Men tend to prefer designs that are linear, bold, etc. Women tend to prefer arcs, blends, etc.

We all know that there are fewer female supporters of RP. Likely, that disproportionate representation is also reflected here on this board.

patriotcalendar
01-26-2008, 09:48 PM
I prefer the domain of fiftyoneyears to the domain of paulfamilyvalues, but design-wise the former site is terrible. As to the latter, have never liked the term 'family values'. Not all of us have family, for one thing, which makes the term exclusionary.

If you like, you can promote the PaulFamilyValues site, using this domain name instead...

RonAndCarol51.com (http://www.ronandcarol51.com)

Just an idea. It goes to the same place. :)

patriotcalendar
01-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Am wondering if the design issue is partly a difference between male and female taste? Men tend to prefer designs that are linear, bold, etc. Women tend to prefer arcs, blends, etc.

We all know that there are fewer female supporters of RP. Likely, that disproportionate representation is also reflected here on this board.

I think you bring up a good point.. in fact, when deciding color/design scheme for PFV, an objective of bringing in a new demographic (women! lol) was talked about.

(PFV arose out of discussions on Daily Paul, btw, but I've been posting about its development here on RPForums for nearly 2 days.)

Sey.Naci
01-26-2008, 11:35 PM
If you like, you can promote the PaulFamilyValues site, using this domain name instead...

RonAndCarol51.com (http://www.ronandcarol51.com)

Just an idea. It goes to the same place. :)Good solution! Thanks, hadn't realized that.

Lucid American
01-26-2008, 11:40 PM
I modified the formerly National Freedom March website to reflect the PFV website.
http://www.ronpaulnationalfreedommarch.com/

It doesn't really matter, does it? People will be donating only to the official campaign site, and pledges aren't terribly reliable.

As long as we continue to hype it we should be good.

DFF
01-26-2008, 11:53 PM
We need to concentrate our efforts on one site. They're both hokey, but 51 years styling is superior and the cheese factor is less.

EDIT: I just watched the FAUX news money bomb. That is some FUNNY shit. So neither of the above. Laughter sells so we should roll with FAUX.

Sey.Naci
01-27-2008, 12:08 AM
We need to concentrate our efforts on one site. They're both hokey, but 51 years styling is superior and the cheese factor is less.Excuse me, but I, and at least 10 other people who voted, like the "cheese factor." As far as the site you prefer, it's more appropriate for celebrating a funeral, not a wedding anniversary.

Sey.Naci
01-27-2008, 12:11 AM
I modified the formerly National Freedom March website to reflect the PFV website.
http://www.ronpaulnationalfreedommarch.com/

It doesn't really matter, does it?Think you're right, since pledges never do amount to much. Would have been nice, though, had the 51yrs developer noticed that the PFV site was already in existence a couple of days and collecting pledges.

DFF
01-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Excuse me, but I, and at least 10 other people who voted, like the "cheese factor."

Easy tiger. It's fine with me -- but for mainstream marketing purposes (e.g. getting new donors) thumbs down. It's too hokey. FAUX news on the other hand is wizardly funny. Humor sells.

seawolf
01-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Sorry DDF but the 51 Anniversary Site looks more like a funeral site and the Banner is not a bright and happy one to say the least.

But no matter the point is to donate to the Campaign isn't it?

Let's get a Banner, any Banner promoting the February 1st MoneyBomb on the Top Ron Paul Sites..... and around the internet....

Time is of the essence...

DFF
01-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Sorry DDF but the 51 Anniversary Site looks more like a funeral site and the Banner is not a bright and happy one to say the least

You're preaching to the choir. I think both anniversary site's suck. FAUX news' site though - while the styling isn't particularly great - is at least funny.

virginiakid
01-27-2008, 12:43 AM
At this rate there won't be a money bomb. Listen, promote both. 51years is a little more catchy, but still needs work. The familyvalues one can be used more for women. It does need to be a little flashier though.

51years to younger people and guys.
paulfamilyvalues to women and older women
fauxnews to the college and those are po'ed at the MSM

And BTW, use the Tell 10 friends rule. Send 10 emails, one to each person telling them about the money bomb. Then tell them to do the same.

Tell 10 people about Ron Paul
http://www.tell10friends.com/

newmedia4ron
01-27-2008, 01:34 AM
just forward to one.

shelly
01-27-2008, 01:42 AM
And I love fiftyoneyears.com. I don't know about you people! But as long as we all donate on the 1st, it'll all work out. Seriously, though, fiftyoneyears.com is WAY better.

blakjak
01-27-2008, 01:44 AM
which one is trevor's?

ddoggphx
01-27-2008, 02:12 AM
Does it really matter? Donations at the campaign site.

Let all of them live...who cares how someone stumbles on them...as long as they DO.

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-27-2008, 04:40 AM
I feel bad because the PaulFamilyValues site was up first, but unfortunately I think the layout on that site is too messy--there's too much going on for the eyes. I prefer the simple site layout of FiftyOneYears.com.

BigRedBrent
01-27-2008, 06:57 AM
The word anniversary is not spelled correctly on the FiftyOneYears.com sight. Just thought the developer might want to know.

Royksopp
01-27-2008, 07:14 AM
I like www.ronpaul2008.com/donate best.