PDA

View Full Version : Previous Money Bomb Email Lists Need New Subject Lines When Emailed About This

Sentinelrv
01-26-2008, 06:24 PM
This was something brought up with the FreeAtLast money bomb, but I don't think it was ever taken care of. Whoevever controls the email lists for the previous money bombs always keeps the same subject line for all the emails.

For example, every single email I got from the FreeAtLast money bomb had the subject line "Free At Last 2008." Having the same subject line for every email is not going to help us out at all. Why would I continue to click on these emails when they all look the same?

Just by fixing this one small mistake, we could extremely improve the turnout of this money bomb. It needs an "URGENT" feeling to the subject line, that way people actually read it instead of skipping past it. Something like "URGENT: $5,000,000 Needed by Ron Paul HQ - Money Bomb Planned" It doesn't have to be that, but it needs urgency, so people will wake up and realize it's important. The email lists they have are probably massive, so if we take advantage of this, we could have an extremely good turnout.

Who do we contact to get this taken care of?

colecrowe
01-26-2008, 06:26 PM
bump. I agree.

We cannot do the same things we did with MLK. There was a huge lack of orginization and effort.

With this, we need to make sure, IMMEDIATELY, with great urgency, that certain things get taken care of:

1. MOST IMPORTANT! Make it an EVENT for every meetup group. This never got figured out last time and it must be done--the results could be great, and it would be so easy, it seems: Every meetup coordinator and group needs to be emailed or notified somehow of this, and then it must be made AN EVENT for every meetup group--that way it is front and center and people can RSVP for it and post about it. This was done for like maybe a quarter of the meetups on Dec. 16th. So HOW do we make sure every coordinator/leader gets this message?

-----There has to be an administrator or someone that can send a blanket message to every meetup leader, right?

2. the Nov. 5th, Dec. 16th, Dec. 31st, and Jan. 21st lists get ONE email NOW, and ONE email early in the morning of Feb 1st. TWO EMAILS ONLY. But we must do this. The subject line must be good and it must link to a site with great videos, etc.

3. the Myspace people need to get ONE bulletin NOW with the link to the sight AND A VIDEO, and then ONE bulletin on the day of Feb 1st. Facebook people need to be told and it needs to be made an event on Facebook.

Sentinelrv
01-26-2008, 06:58 PM
So does anyone know who we would contact about this, because it's a HUGE problem that needs fixing.

Ex Post Facto
01-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Trevor Lymon, he sent you an e-mail today.

Sentinelrv
01-26-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm guessing this is it: lyman.trevor@gmail.com

This is the email I got today, so I used it.

DDMX
01-27-2008, 10:52 AM
I agree.

colecrowe
01-27-2008, 12:57 PM
bump

davidt!
01-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Has anybody who are on any of these lists received an email from Trever about the Feb. 1st moneybomb?

steph3n
01-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Has anybody who are on any of these lists received an email from Trever about the Feb. 1st moneybomb?

yes two but they keep saying "moving on....(from XXXXXXXX)"

stupid subjects for sure

DDMX
01-27-2008, 04:28 PM
I agree

Sentinelrv
01-27-2008, 07:35 PM
I just received another email talking about the February 1st money bomb and it still says "Free at Last 2008"

Do these guys want to win or what? I even sent them an email about it, as well as others too.

rodboev
01-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Agreed. Pretty obvious, but I guess some things need to be spelled out.

newyearsrevolution08
01-28-2008, 07:16 PM
lazy supporters maybe?

seriously though

TREVOR, get back in the game man.......

We are trying to attract NEW donators and not simply show our current base a new url....

Get back to an active promotion, skilled design on the money bomb site and actual media coverage.......

SwordOfShannarah
01-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Working on this right now. I'll be sending out another email today/tomorrow with an updated subject line. Good suggestion! Thank you.

rodboev
01-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Working on this right now. I'll be sending out another email today/tomorrow with an updated subject line. Good suggestion! Thank you.

The subject line has been the same in the last two emails I received. Instead of my inbox looking like this:

FiftyOneYears.com <-- The next mass fund raising day
FiftyOneYears.com <-- The next mass fund raising day

It should be looking like this:

(Tomorrow) FiftyOneYears.com - Donate TODAY!
(Today) FiftyOneYears.com - Donate tonight at MIDNIGHT!
(Yesterday) FiftyOneYears.com - Help us put Feb 1st down in history!

Get it?