PDA

View Full Version : What do we want

jim70769
01-26-2008, 06:03 PM
What is the best scenario for Ron Paul in the Florida results. Who do we want to place in 1st,2nd etc so we are still in it

tekmo
01-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Guilliani to drop out. Thats what I want.

Real_CaGeD
01-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Rudy, Romney, Huck, McWAR

We want it all messed up.

Dave Pedersen
01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Since the media seems perfectly willing to exclude Edwards just be cause he is third among four I see no advantage to Rudy dropping out. I hope Paul does better than fifth place and I hope McCain does worse than first.

NoPants
01-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Rudy, Romney, Huck, McWAR

We want it all messed up.

We do want it to be chaotic. If Rudy drops out, I don't think it helps us. His supporters seem to be pretty die hard "terrorists are just around the corner..."

rfbz
01-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Maybe it would be best for Giuliani to win to split things up more, or maybe it's best that candidates start dropping out so RP is seen as a more serious candidate as being one of the last 3 remaining.

Airborn
01-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Well i want RP to win, but I would like to see rudy,mccain, and romney all beat huck, and huck do poorly on super tuesday ands drops out. We can pick up a alot of huckabee's supporters.

dw1345
01-26-2008, 06:12 PM
McCain to get as low as possible. If McCain wins Florida, he's got momentum from two wins in a row into February 5th.

Michigan11
01-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Need to beet huck, then he drops out and we gain more support

Real_CaGeD
01-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Need to beet huck, then he drops out and we gain more support

We can beat Huck. Polls tell me we got a 2-3% jump from the debate. Huck is anywhere from 10-15 % and his debate performance was pretty bad i thought. Rudy is still in striking distance of first. It also seems that Mcwar was hurt pretty bad by the debate.

Florida is a tossed salad.

wgadget
01-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Huck out. That's what we want. Need to capture the Christian voters.

Real_CaGeD
01-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Huck out. That's what we want. Need to capture the Christian voters.

Do we have any data that suggest the Huck people would stream to RP?

wgadget
01-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Well, the Hucksters like the Fair Tax, and I think RP's No Tax trumps that. Also, they want someone that's a Christian, which pretty much rules out the others. Just my opinion.

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Rudy to win, so he stays in (him dropping out is going to hurt us A LOT. McCain and Romney killing each other, allowing Dr. Paul a close 4th. And Huck comes in last, costing him momentum, and allowing Southern states to become more Pro-Paul.

Real_CaGeD
01-26-2008, 06:45 PM
I think California is our most important state.

How are we going to do? A win would seal the deal I believe.
------------------------------------------------------------
I just looked at Cali on realclear, we can win that state, no shit.

wgadget
01-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Except for Rudy bombing, everything is going very nicely in Florida...

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/01/23/florida-gop-poll-roundup/

Arklatex
01-26-2008, 06:48 PM
I think California is our most important state.

How are we going to do? A win would seal the deal I believe.
------------------------------------------------------------
I just looked at Cali on realclear, we can win that state, no shit.

I agree on Cali, we should start an OperationCalifornia, OperationTexas, and OperationNewYork. :D:D:D

wgadget
01-26-2008, 06:48 PM
It may actually end up being down to three VERY shortly...SInce the Huck and Rudy Shows are apparently broke.

jdmetz
01-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Ideally Rudy does poorly (3rd or below) but doesn't drop out - we aren't competing for the same voters, so he is taking votes from other candidates, not Ron Paul. At the same time, it is nice to beat a "front-runner" more often than he beats us. :)

In order of who we most benefit from if they drop out, I think it is:
McCain
Huckabee
Romney
Giuliani

Airborn
01-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Ideally Rudy does poorly (3rd or below) but doesn't drop out - we aren't competing for the same voters, so he is taking votes from other candidates, not Ron Paul. At the same time, it is nice to beat a "front-runner" more often than he beats us. :)

In order of who we most benefit from if they drop out, I think it is:
McCain
Huckabee
Romney
Giuliani

I think we would benefit the most from huck dropping out.
1. He wants to abolish the IRS
2. pro-life
3. not for gun control
4 his supporters don't seems as much as warmongers

Goldwater Conservative
01-26-2008, 08:03 PM
McCain to not win. Rudy and Huck both weakened but still in it so that they can make Super Tuesday a muddled mess. Then either one or both to drop out so Paul can take on the remaining candidates state by state.

zakkubin
01-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Huckabee won't drop out if he feels a brokered convention is coming. He will stay in continue to do speeches at churches for free. Get enough delegates in the South to levy himself as VP to Mitt... This is a very good strategy for both of them. Both can easily say they want the war over asap since mitt has supported the surge because it will help us leave sooner and Huck has said we need to come home with Honor. Meaning the right time they will each be able to say we need to come home...