PDA

View Full Version : How to win the South...

kylefeenix
01-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I couldn't see it anywhere, so I wanted to make sure y'all are aware of it.

The people at RonPaulRacing have got a deal to put Ron Paul advertising on the #28 at the Daytona 500. If you know anything about NASCAR then you know how big this is. If you don't know anything about NASCAR then this is bigger for the South than having both QBs at the superbowl wearing Ron Paul jerseys. This is Davey Allison's car, coming out of retirement - the man is a legend among NASCAR fans and NASCAR is a religion to Southern folks.

Everybody knows that the South is republican heartland. There's nothing that would make a bigger impact on this crucial demographic than this project, but it needs funds to do it.

Go to the site below and give what you can. The car's timing 4th fastest at the moment, apparently, so we might actually win the race too.
Site itself: http://www.ronpaulracing.com/

Post on the Daily Paul: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/29984

LandonCook
01-26-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm from the south.... And I know one of the biggest things down here STILL, is states rights!

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
we have already won Louisiana if we can force the GOP from moving the goalposts.

January 26, 2008 11:49 am EST

Ron Paul Campaign Files Caucus Challenge with Louisiana GOP

Multiple errors in process leave caucus results unresolved

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – Yesterday, the Ron Paul presidential campaign filed a letter with the Louisiana Republican Party to contest the credentials of delegates to the state convention.

Under state party rules, campaigns have 72 hours from the end of the caucus to file such a contest. This contest was filed in response to multiple problems with the caucus process.

“The initial failure of the Louisiana GOP to properly determine who was and wasn’t eligible to vote threw this entire process into disarray,” said Ron Paul campaign manager Lew Moore. “However, voter eligibility was just one of many irregularities with the caucus process. We are filing this contest to ensure that we can challenge the results if it appears that delegates were improperly selected.”

The Louisiana State GOP changed the rules at the eleventh hour to allow other candidates to file more delegates, even though there were plenty of delegates to compose full slates in each congressional district. At the time of the original January 10 deadline, Ron Paul had the largest number of delegates pledged to him. The party then changed the rules to give other candidates until January 12 to file more delegates.

In addition, due to mistakes by the Louisiana GOP, hundreds of voters were forced to file provisional ballots, including nearly 500 that could change the outcome of the election. According to the LA GOP, caucus locations relied on a voter list from November 1, 2007 or perhaps earlier despite the fact that under the caucus rules, voters need only have registered Republican before November 30, 2007.

There were even instances at the caucuses where state-certified Ron Paul delegates appearing on the ballot were forced to file a provisional ballot despite the fact they were pre-approved as delegates.

we have to mobilize on this. We beat all other candidates and now they are trying to steal the victory from us!

pinkmandy
01-26-2008, 06:09 PM
"For States Rights? Vote Ron Paul 2008"

NoPants
01-26-2008, 06:20 PM
He's doing great in Alabama. A straw poll in Birmingham today won 81%!!! That gets him the Alabama Republican Assembly endorsement. You need at least 2/3 for an endorsement and 81% is GREAT!!!

http://thirdpartywatch.com/2008/01/26/ron-paul-endorsed-by-alabama-republican-assembly/

smartpeople4ronpaul
01-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Nice idea....

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Heck, I'm from MI, and NASCAR's big.

Mystile
01-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Funny how many people like to stereotype the South as warmongering, racist rednecks, but is in fact where Ron Paul has been getting the best support.

xCakex
01-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Major blimp!

wgadget
01-26-2008, 06:34 PM
All we need to do is get Huck out of the race, and capture all the Huck and Fred voters. Rudy, McCain, and Romney just don't cut it down here...

Arklatex
01-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Funny how many people like to stereotype the South as warmongering, racist rednecks, but is in fact where Ron Paul has been getting the best support.

QFT

Country Folk are much nicer than city folk. This coming from a computer programmer of a fortune 500 comp btw.

AFedForFreedom
01-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Having one of the top teams in the biggest race of the year would be phenomenal exposure!

Can't wait to see this!

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 06:41 PM
I wonder what would happen if the car crashes, and all the cameras are focused on it. Lot of eyes on the ad. Or if it wins. Even more eyes.