PDA

View Full Version : Just Had Lunch With Ron Paul's Son Ronnie and Lew Rockwell

chiplitfam
01-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Just Had Lunch With Ron Paul’s Son Ronnie And Lew Rockwell

In Houston today (Jan.26) we met for a five hour seminar on Mises and Austrian Economics. Guest speakers included Walter Block (Loyola University, New Orleans), Robert Higgs (Independent Institute), Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr. (Mises Institute), and Ronnie Paul (Ron’s eldest son). We discussed the myth of War Prosperity, Government as Window Breaker, and Ronnie gave an update on the campaign. These seminar topics will be soon available on Rockwell’s website. An interesting analogy was made by Mr. Rockwell concerning the Government’s stimulus package. The question was raised as to where was this money coming from. He put it this way: It is like taking a cup of water from the deep end and putting it into the shallow end, expecting it to rise! It is utter nonsense. This money will simply be added to the existing debt. It creates nothing. They stated that if Ron Paul does not win, the Country is certainly headed into financial disaster. Ronnie said that the money bombs are extremely effective in scaring the establishment to death. They (the media and establishment) cannot imagine how this is even possible. They just do not get it. They think it is simply management and power politics. The reason they do not get it, is because they do not understand the truth of Ron’s message. It totally escapes them. He also said they are very aware of the corruption in the electronic voting machines. They have many people working on it and watching it. The message is growing every day. The simple reason the media is not covering Ron Paul is because they do not want his message heard. But Ronnie said that is going to change. As more candidates drop out, he will increase. This is where Ronnie emphasized the importance of the money bombs. This is the one factor that the media can’t ignore, especially since the other “main” candidates were so earlier promoted and now dropping out like flies. Everyone was very encouraged about the campaign but still very realistic. If Ron does not become the nominee, the seeds have been planted. What was amazing to me at this meeting was the amount of young people who attended. This is awesome. They are very concerned about their Country, and very excited about what Ron Paul stands for.

I wanted to add something I forgot. Ronnie Paul also said that at first they received some negative calls about the last money bomb (MLK) only raising 2 million. It wasn't soon after that, that just the opposite was beginning to happen. The media was again blown away but did not mention it. Apparently the media knew about and inquired, but refused to report it. The Paul campaign said it was a huge success.

TexMac
01-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Just Had Lunch With Ron Paul’s Son Ronnie And Lew Rockwell

In Houston today (Jan.26) we met for a five hour seminar on Mises and Austrian Economics. Guest speakers included Walter Block (Loyola University, New Orleans), Robert Higgs (Independent Institute), Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr. (Mises Institute), and Ronnie Paul (Ron’s eldest son). We discussed the myth of War Prosperity, Government as Window Breaker, and Ronnie gave an update on the campaign.

These seminar topics will be soon available on Rockwell’s website. An interesting analogy was made by Mr. Rockwell concerning the Government’s stimulus package. The question was raised as to where was this money coming from. He put it this way: It is like taking a cup of water from the deep end and putting it into the shallow end, expecting it to rise! It is utter nonsense. This money will simply be added to the existing debt. It creates nothing.

They stated that if Ron Paul does not win, the Country is certainly headed into financial disaster. Ronnie said that the money bombs are extremely effective in scaring the establishment to death. They (the media and establishment) cannot imagine how this is even possible. They just do not get it. They think it is simply management and power politics. The reason they do not get it, is because they do not understand the truth of Ron’s message. It totally escapes them.

He also said they are very aware of the corruption in the electronic voting machines. They have many people working on it and watching it. The message is growing every day. The simple reason the media is not covering Ron Paul is because they do not want his message heard. But Ronnie said that is going to change. As more candidates drop out, he will increase. This is where Ronnie emphasized the importance of the money bombs. This is the one factor that the media can’t ignore, especially since the other “main” candidates were so earlier promoted and now dropping out like flies.

Everyone was very encouraged about the campaign but still very realistic. If Ron does not become the nominee, the seeds have been planted. What was amazing to me at this meeting was the amount of young people who attended. This is awesome. They are very concerned about their Country, and very excited about what Ron Paul stands for.

Thanks for the report. Very interesting, especially about the power of the money bombs.

liberteebell
01-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Thank you for posting this very positive report. I do believe that it's impossible for someone on the outside looking in to understand the absolute passion and dedication most of us have to this cause. Funny what happens when new people "receive" the message. We need to keep it up. Ron Paul has fought for us for years; the least we can do is stand behind him even if the going is tough!

Rebel Resource
01-26-2008, 06:00 PM
I wonder if they think the republican nomination is practically impossible but running as a republican is the springboard of exposure (and of course, starting the campaign early) that a third party run needs.

satchelmcqueen
01-26-2008, 08:22 PM
this is why we need to work some extra overtime on the job each week and keep sending RP some money to allow him to sustain himself in this race. Im almost sure he can hold out to be one of 3 remaining, but just imagine if he can hold out and be one of only 2! think about the face time and air time he will have then to talk. This would win it for him right there alone.

dave68
01-26-2008, 08:29 PM
The longer he can afford to stay in the better his chances!! I think it will end up him, Romney, and Mccain. I just can not see Romney pulling it off. He is not well liked. He was polling 9% in NY. We need to burst Mccains bubble. People are flocking to him because they "think" he can win, no other reason. They will jump ship if they see a better candidate!

chiplitfam
01-26-2008, 11:06 PM
At the seminar today most of the people believed that it will end up being Romney and Paul. It is definitely the tortoise and the hare.

Matt Collins
01-26-2008, 11:15 PM
At the seminar today most of the people believed that it will end up being Romney and Paul. It is definitely the tortoise and the hare.
I think McCain will be also be a contender

terryhamel
01-27-2008, 04:08 AM
I hope you're right about the money bombs becoming more effective as more candidates drop out. The pattern so far has been for the media to ignore them and I can't expect them to change their pattern. Even now, ABC wants to exclude RP from the upcoming debate while including Guiliani in spite of the fact that RP beats Guiliani more often than not.

In other words, the media doesn't care what the facts are - they will report things their way.

If by some miracle, the media does start reporting the money bombs, then I'll of course eat crow. Until then, I'll just hope you are right.

Paul Revered
01-27-2008, 04:31 AM
I posted the OP on MySpace.