PDA

View Full Version : Cuffed for providing defense...

Revolution9
01-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Wel. I just spent two hours cuffed in the back of a cop car. for essentially being a good Samaritan. I heard a fight going on out back in the parking lot. I look out and a 6'3" black guy is wielding a two part pool cue in a leather case at a 5'7" white guy in his 50's. Te white gu wants his pool cue back and he will leave and the black guy keeps swinging the cue at him. Looked mighty unfair, especially since the guys other homeless pals were standing around ready to jump in. So I had a stick about the same length. I walked across the parking lot and asked the guy if he needed it to defend himself. He did. The black guy swung at him and he swung at the same time. His blow glanced off the pool cue case and got the black guy right over the right eye leaving a nasty gash. The white guy went in for another strike and we yelled for hm to halt. He got his pool cue and left. About 45 minutes later the cop was at my door asking me what happened. Well..none of the homeless clowns mentioned the dispute over possession of the pool cue so about ten minutes later the cop came back and cuffed me. Could not specify a charge. When asked to several times he looked like he was ready to go for his tazer so I let him cuff me.

So after a flurry of activity from neighbors who know me they located the man who hit the other guy and the cop brought him out of the tavern in cuffs. He told the cop exactly what i saw.. the guy had his pool cue and was attacking him and he just wanted his stick back to leave. He couldn't believe they arrested me for providing him a means to defend himself from the attack. Well they let me go ,but check this shit out.. They said that what i did was similar to driving a getaway car at a bank robbery. Bullshit. They mentioned nothing about the guy being in possession of stolen property which was the cause of it. Nor did they take into account that the guy who pressed charges against the white guy was the original attacker and there would have been no fight had the guys pool cue not been removed from his possession.

America..where the King owns the violence and self defense is a criminal affair.

Best
Randy

davidkachel
01-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the logical conclusion of collectivist ideas... you have no right to defend yourself and if you do, YOU are the criminal.

See CURRENT Australian law and those of many other "advanced" societies.

Mauiboy86
01-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Those cops sound like Giuliani Supporters!!

cjhowe
01-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Where you ever charged with anything? Sure it sucks being detained, but would you prefer all the facts be sorted out or to have someone who's going around escalating incidents of violence be allowed to continue doing so? If the latter, you're allowing vigilantism to prevail.

Make no mistake, I'm not suggesting that from your story that you were in the wrong, however can you not give the benefit of the doubt and time to come to that conclusion to someone when they are receiving conflicting stories to figure that out? The police are not the jury, they don't have a law degree and they're not omniscient. Give 'em a break.

Marc3579
01-26-2008, 05:54 PM
I've been involved in the same type of circumstance Randy. I've seen them arrest a guy who got hit, and let the guy who hit him go along their way. I've tried to offer to help some of the cops around here figure things out, outside of the bar I used to go to. They don't like that, they look down their noses at you. I decided to ask one cop, just how free he thought we were now. I quote he said "Well, this country isn't as free as it once was...But, we're still a free country." I wanted to laugh and cry...

I'm sorry to hear you got ensnared in this b.s. but it's not the first time I've heard of something like that.

Dave Wood
01-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Wow Randy!!! I guess this is why everybody just puts there head in the sand when something starts going bad. Gotta luv amerika nowadays. Since it pays to be a criminal, maybe we should all just join them, have one big criminal circle jerk.

Paulitical Correctness
01-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Give 'em a break.

Maybe over the head, with a glass bottle. :rolleyes:

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-26-2008, 05:58 PM
"Weapons are enemies, even to their owners"
That is the 3rd code of Dinotopia.

exer51
01-26-2008, 05:59 PM
I, unfortunately, have had my share of dealings with police corruption/stupidity. Why can't they still be like Andy Griffith :(

Captain Canuck
01-26-2008, 06:00 PM
When the two sticks collided, did it look like an epic Star Wars duel?

Eponym_mi
01-26-2008, 06:02 PM
In most states, you can defend your life or someone else's, but not property. Cops expect you to just roll over, play dead, and let them handle it. Of course, you never get the property back.:rolleyes:

romeshomey
01-26-2008, 06:03 PM
and this is exactly the reason why people stand around and watch others get killed in this country and won't even come forward as a witness unless you pay them a large sum of cash for their troubles.

It doesn't pay to do the right thing from the beginning, just might end up in jail yourself, so next time, just let one of them kill the other, and when they offer a reward to capture the killer, you can come forward and get yourself a nice bonus.

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
I, unfortunately, have had my share of dealings with police corruption/stupidity. Why can't they still be like Andy Griffith :(

Because the political and moral leaders have told us we can't be that way for about 30 years.

This is a moral problem, with leaders telling us we should have harsher laws, more sentences, zero tolerance, more enforcement.
What I've been hearing in parts of America is 100% the opposite of what Christ told us to be. The problem starts at the pulpit.

Jesus Christ went through the same thing. They killed him. A Christian nation turns its eyes to that, and does not act that way. A non-Christian nation with its own share of hypocritical religious leaders calls for zero tolerance instead of patience, punishment instead of mercy, mandatory sentences instead of a just balance. Thats where Andy Griffith went.

The neocons killed off the Andy Griffith's of the world because Andy Griffith's idea of love your neighbor and being a peace officer goes against their opposite ideals.

Here's hope: Jesus Christ rules.

RJB
01-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Why can't they still be like Andy Griffith :(

Now they're all Barney Fife on steroids.

StateofTrance
01-26-2008, 06:12 PM
I fear the cops. The last thing I want is to get deported from the US for any reason.

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 06:13 PM

Barney Fife was never mean though. A lot of cops are now. For what its worth, it seems to be regional and what area you are in. In North Carolina, every cop I've ever met has been nice.

romeshomey
01-26-2008, 06:14 PM

Interesting comment, which makes me wonder, are cops tested for steroids like athletes and others who people are supposed to look up to are?

Any cops know the answer to that?

romeshomey
01-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Barney Fife was never mean though. A lot of cops are now. For what its worth, it seems to be regional and what area you are in. In North Carolina, every cop I've ever met has been nice.

I bet if Barney Fife were on steriods he'd have been mean.

Could be the reason why half of them have big egos and are irrational, they're taking steriods.

I say we demand all law enforcement be tested for steroids like baseball players and football players, and if found to be using them, be suspended from their jobs.

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 06:19 PM
This stuff is getting routine in this country and is increasing.
Worldnetdaily prints a lot of columns about it, but even so its obviously
only a small percent.

Here's a sample someone sent me the other day:

Full version at:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59616

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mother warns community about 'Nazi' home invasion
Officers told her 'rights' were 'only in the movies'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 10, 2008
By Bob Unruh
WorldNetDaily.com

The mother of an 11-year-old boy abducted by SWAT team members and taken to a hospital after he was bruised while horsing around is warning members of her community of the "Nazi" tactics she endured, including a statement from the officers that her "rights" were "only in the movies."

The case involves Jon Shiflett, who injured himself while trying to grab the handle of a door on a car his sister was driving. He slipped and fell to the pavement, hitting his head. His parents treated him for the injury and rejected paramedics' demands that they be allowed to take him to a hospital.

Nearly 36 hours later, SWAT team members broke into the family home in western Colorado near New Castle and took Jon to a hospital, where a doctor said the family should keep ice on his bruise, exactly the treatment the family already had been providing.

"A fully armed SWAT team broke into our home, slammed my children to the floor face down with their hands behind their backs and shoved a gun in my daughter's face and handcuffed her…" her letter said.

During the attack, she wrote, "One (officer) grabbed my daughter Beth (18 years), who also had a gun to her face, slammed her down and kneed her in the back and held her in that position… My sons Adam (14) and Noah (only 7) lay down willingly, yet they were still forced to put their hands behind their backs and were yelled at to keep their heads down.

"My daughter Jeanette was coming out from the back bedroom when she was grabbed, drug down the hallway, across a couch and slammed to the ground," she said. "The officers then began throwing scissors and screwdrivers across the room (out of our reach, I suppose) and going through our cupboards.

"I asked if I could make a phone call and was told, 'no.' My daughter asked if that wasn't one of our rights. The reply was made, 'That's only in the movies,'" she told WND.

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 06:20 PM
I bet if Barney Fife were on steriods he'd have been mean.

Could be the reason why half of them have big egos and are irrational, they're taking steriods.

I say we demand all law enforcement be tested for steroids like baseball players and football players, and if found to be using them, be suspended from their jobs.

I had a lawyer friend (and someone else) tell me the problem is that they are using people who have just been in the military, and then putting them on the streets as cops, and the two ways of dealing with people is totally different. Another reason extended foreign "policing of the world" wars could be a bad idea.

attackkatt
01-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Where you ever charged with anything? Sure it sucks being detained, but would you prefer all the facts be sorted out or to have someone who's going around escalating incidents of violence be allowed to continue doing so? If the latter, you're allowing vigilantism to prevail.

Make no mistake, I'm not suggesting that from your story that you were in the wrong, however can you not give the benefit of the doubt and time to come to that conclusion to someone when they are receiving conflicting stories to figure that out? The police are not the jury, they don't have a law degree and they're not omniscient. Give 'em a break.

Not me, I don't give them a break anymore. I used to because I was raised in a cop family and I knew from the parties and all the other cops hanging around, that they are ego-maniacs. After 911 and TV shows like Cops " were they make NO mistakes like real humans" that ego turned to some kind of "I am a hero". I have had enough and the tables will turn some day.

Mr. White
01-26-2008, 06:28 PM

Was going to post, but you hit it on the head.

nodope0695
01-26-2008, 06:30 PM
THis is why I loved living in Florida...they have "castle laws" there which protect a person's right to defend himself, with force, anywhere he has a lawful right to be.

Johncjackson
01-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Interesting comment, which makes me wonder, are cops tested for steroids like athletes and others who people are supposed to look up to are?

Any cops know the answer to that?

I am not sure about the testing part. However, if you follow steroids in sports ( specifically baseball) you have probably heard about some doctors and clinics busted for giving steroids and HGH to several professional athletes and entertainers.

What is not widely reported is the patient lists of those prescribed steroids include a LOT of police officers.

So yeah, a lot of the cops are juiced.

LibertyEagle
01-26-2008, 06:32 PM
You did a good thing, Randy. Thanks for standing up for what's right.

Mr. White
01-26-2008, 06:35 PM
THis is why I loved living in Florida...they have "castle laws" there which protect a person's right to defend himself, with force, anywhere he has a lawful right to be.

I know little about it, and havn't read it, but that doesn't sound entirely accurate. Their was a big ruckus about it, but I was under the impression it only applies to your home, car, boat, etc.

Michigan11
01-26-2008, 06:36 PM
There are some very, very, frightening laws that are now being used against citizens in this nation, yet I will not mention this one law, because it will surely be abused further..this is the internet.

This law I refer to is destroying the upper middle class currently, over the last 5 years, and it has nothing to do with harm being done by one individual to another, it is simply the enforcement of this law that is the destructive force at hand, along with the lawers whom love it, for their law firm, bookshelves are filled with books on it at this very point.

Mr. White
01-26-2008, 06:38 PM
There are some very, very, frightening laws that are now being used against citizens in this nation, yet I will not mention this one law, because it will surely be abused further..this is the internet.

This law I refer to is destroying the upper middle class currently, over the last 5 years, and it has nothing to do with harm being done by one individual to another, it is simply the enforcement of this law that is the destructive force at hand, along with the lawers whom love it, for their law firm, bookshelves are filled with books on it at this very point.

So the campagin has a secret that you know, but you'll tell us about it later?

Lyn
01-26-2008, 06:38 PM

This is the same FL that has been rampant with code enforcement "sign nazis" who are trying to keep homeowners and vehicle owners from displaying Ron Paul signs on their own homes and cars by threatening $100/day fines. Also, the same FL that on Thurs. paid law enforcement to herd RP supporters /sign wavers into a fenced in soccer field near the Boca Raton Republican Debate on the grounds that it created a "free speech zone".

Make no mistake, it will get worse before it gets better. Fascism is alive and well in FL and the US of A.

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't necessarily trust castle laws or anything like that being respected today. Part of the current problem is laws - just like primary regulations, may exist but are being ignored or violated.

Where I am, citizens have the right to arrest any person they see commit a crime. I think most people aren't even aware that is how the law reads. That is how I think the law *should* read. But because of the way things are today, no telling what would happen in actuality.

Michigan11
01-26-2008, 06:47 PM
So the campagin has a secret that you know, but you'll tell us about it later?

lol. I know I shouldn't have even mentioned it, but I am very fearful of the law I speak of being leraned of by others, that will surely abuse it, as is currently happening to many, yet is kept very hush hush.

Our nation has built up another industry now, that is now showing it's face, the prison industrial complex. The defense lawyers around the nation, private prisons, and the towns that bid for these strange tax based (businesses) are the profiteers. The citizens of this nation, are all within reach, and within a decade, it is said each one of us will be affected by it.

The laws on the books, are now being worded as to treat each of us as guilty until proven innocent. This is a fact.

LizF
01-26-2008, 06:48 PM
As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.... :( :mad: :rolleyes:

Revolution9
01-26-2008, 06:49 PM
When the two sticks collided, did it look like an epic Star Wars duel?

Yes.. And darth took a dive. I am still gonna provide defense if I see an off kilter siruation. It is called morals.

Best
Randy

cjhowe
01-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Yes.. And darth took a dive. I am still gonna provide defense if I see an off kilter siruation. It is called morals.

Best
Randy

That is awesome, I applaud you for it. It won't be an injustice, however, if you're cuffed until it can be determined that you're providing defense and not fanning the flames of the problem.

constituent
01-26-2008, 07:33 PM
the five most important words in the english language:

i didn't see nothin' ... man.

dblee
01-26-2008, 07:52 PM
So they cuffed you without charging you or reading your rights?

bbachtung
01-26-2008, 07:57 PM
NEVER answer your door for the police, and NEVER answer their questions about what you might have done.

Please, just keep your mouth shut; if the guy you helped defend himself had killed the other guy you'd be screwed for giving the cops your version.

pcosmar
01-26-2008, 07:57 PM
I am glad you got OUT of the cuffs. I have had my share of "experience" with such.
It was an incident that led to the study that brought me to Ron Paul.
http://pcosmar.blogspot.com/2006/08/things-have-not-gone-well.html

Shink
01-26-2008, 08:04 PM
:mad::mad::mad:

The only thing that can stop this police state is not even 'legal' to discuss, let alone enact.:mad::mad::mad:

Michigan11
01-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Yes there are countless laws that are entrapping and affecting a soon to be majority of the population. Those who make the rules, win. The sleeping majority is in for one hell of a wakeup call within the next few years.

The states are allowing lobbyists from the private prison complex, to lobby for laws that comb the masses, and swallow large numbers of innocent individuals, into their trappings.

Go to any court, and look at their case loads for the day, 90% and up are non-violent.

This should be a wakeup call for the sheep, yet it won't until they are directly affected.

They will be in the next few years, by all of the laws that are starting to be enforced at this moment, that they haven't even heard of yet.

JohnnyWrath
01-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Recntly here in the Cleveland area... a few young people approached a man on his porch and attempted to rob him at gunpoint. We not long ago passed a concealed weapon law that allowed the homeowner to have a registered weapon, which he did....he pulled it out and killed the young man who as attempting to rob him. The young man had a previous record for robbery etc, and the homeowner was on his own property with a license to carry a concealed weapon...

The man was not charged, and it was considered self defense...

What then occurred next made me sick...people from the neighborhood broke out the guys windows, threatened him, and ran him out of the neighborhood for defending himself...friends of the kid, nd parents in the neighborhood would yell at him and stand in front of his house etc

all this because the man defended himself against a group of criminals who had a gun out attempting to rob him on his own property.

It was the first time our new concealed weapon law made any headlines...

Shink
01-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Yes there are countless laws that are entrapping and affecting a soon to be majority of the population. Those who make the rules, win. The sleeping majority is in for one hell of a wakeup call within the next few years.

The states are allowing lobbyists from the private prison complex, to lobby for laws that comb the masses, and swallow large numbers of innocent individuals, into their trappings.

Go to any court, and look at their case loads for the day, 90% and up are non-violent.

This should be a wakeup call for the sheep, yet it won't until they are directly affected.

They will be in the next few years, by all of the laws that are starting to be enforced at this moment, that they haven't even heard of yet.

I know many are thinking of moving out of the states, but what I think should be done, and I am considering doing this myself, is moving into the areas of the map where the Lakota are. They no longer consider themselves officially under the US, and that sounds like a good deal for only moving over a state or two.

attackkatt
01-26-2008, 11:58 PM
So they cuffed you without charging you or reading your rights? I was told here in the police state church run Cookeville Tn " Google Cop shoots family dog" we don't need to read you your rights, when you make bail you will sign a paper or you don't get out. Up here 2 vials of blood are taken if you even have the smell of a beer in your car. I found out the hard way. Good thing I had nothing else in my system. Oh yea..... make sure the cop tapes everything in my case the camera was shut down by a CB radio " according to the cop while on the stand" for 6 minutes during my feild sobriety test. The only 6 minutes in 8 hours the camera had been running. I also was arrested when exiting a bar because they thought I gave them "3" a provoking look and that they thought I may have said somthing. That little gem cost me a dislocated knee and a night in the pokey. Power hungry POS's. When a bunch got arrested for selling drug and stolen money I LMAO.:D

fmontez
01-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Choose a State, and incorporate a little City called Freedomvile or something...

P.S. I am not joking, think of it as a political powerbase.

Cigaboo
01-27-2008, 12:22 AM
America..where the King owns the violence and self defense is a criminal affair.

Best
Randy

Take comfort that you have a clear conscience, and I hope this doesn't stop you from aiding people in self defense in the future. The cops may have cuffed you, but I give you a pat on the back.

jonahtrainer
01-27-2008, 02:31 AM
This is an excellent reason why everyone should watch BUSTED (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA). Learn how to interact with the police during encounters.

InLoveWithRon
01-27-2008, 02:35 AM
The law sucks

asgardshill
01-27-2008, 10:36 AM
This is an excellent reason why everyone should watch BUSTED (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA). Learn how to interact with the police during encounters.

Bumped and bookmarked. A marvelous resource that I intend to spread the word about.

Crickett
01-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Yes. Wonder if the HR laws would void this video? ALtho I can not see how unless a constitutional amendment is forthcoming..

Crickett
01-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Choose a State, and incorporate a little City called Freedomvile or something...

P.S. I am not joking, think of it as a political powerbase.

Arkansas woulld be a good place to do this. There are many towns here that have VERY few residents..I am very game to help with this if someone has the money for the land, which is available at great prices.

werdd
01-27-2008, 03:34 PM
welcome to atlanta where the players play and we rid on them things like everyday big beats hit streets get rollin and the party dont stop til 8 in the mornin.