PDA

View Full Version : Endorsement Acquisition Team

RonPaulVolunteer
01-26-2008, 05:35 PM
This is the main thread for the Endorsement Acquisition Team.

This Original Post (OP) will be updated as needed...

Let's start by putting together a letter template, and then create paragraphs that can be inserted for people's specific political leanings.

Let's see your submission...

We are sending to:

Rush Limbaugh
The Rush Limbaugh Show
1270 Avenue of the Americas
New York, N.Y. 10020

dshields
01-26-2008, 05:53 PM
+1 for the concept.. Those with talents, please sign up!

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Bump

Bradley in DC
01-26-2008, 07:26 PM
What about a list of people to solicit?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=102011

Shink
01-26-2008, 07:34 PM
I could probably do some. Writing is one of my fortes and my Iraq veteran status may add weight to my pleas in some cases.

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 07:49 PM
How's come this is not getting way more attention. The mentality is really: "Have resonable and important people endorse Dr. Paul? Naw, let's just blow-up some more blimps,".

Shink
01-26-2008, 07:53 PM
How's come this is not getting way more attention. The mentality is really: "Have resonable and important people endorse Dr. Paul? Naw, let's just blow-up some more blimps,".

Ahh, people are just in a complacent stage now. The nwo's media/vote fraud campaign worked. It took the wind out of our sails. The more hopeless we are told our cause is, the more believe it--that is the source of their power. More bark then bite.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Those of you can write, start writing...

We want an introduction letter requesting they endorse Ron Paul. Then we want a letter of detailed reasons why they ought to endorse Ron Paul.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-26-2008, 07:57 PM

Because America has been lead into a consumer mentality. I'm sure if I ran a chipin to pay me to all the work I would get rich, but ask people to actually do something with their own hands, shock horror, no way buddy....

:mad:

jblosser
01-26-2008, 07:59 PM
What about a list of people to solicit?

Do we think William Odom is accessible?

liberteebell
01-26-2008, 08:00 PM
I would love to help. I like to write. The problem is, there just aren't enough hours in the day to fit everything in that I'd like to do. Even so, I can write a couple of letters if needed because I think this is a great idea and something that needs to be done.

I already asked a couple of politicians in Virginia to endorse Ron Paul (no luck!) but the written word is way more powerful.

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 08:01 PM
I would love to help. I like to write. The problem is, there just aren't enough hours in the day to fit everything in that I'd like to do. Even so, I can write a couple of letters if needed because I think this is a great idea and something that needs to be done.

I already asked a couple of politicians in Virginia to endorse Ron Paul (no luck!) but the written word is way more powerful.

I love your enthusiasim. I wish everyone would be like that.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Well if we get a well written letter, and people can help find the right people and their address, I can send a lot. I am yet to see anyone submit a letter template.

FreeTraveler
01-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Two hundred thirty-one years ago, fifty-six patriots stepped forward, pledged to each other their Lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor, and changed the world.

In 1776, those men faced death for stepping forward and leading this country to a brighter future. Today, we face no less a crisis than those men of honor faced in their day. Those to whom we appeal understand this, and know why Dr. Ron Paul is the only candidate for President who can bring us back from the abyss. Although the penalties for stepping forward today may be severe, from ridicule to loss of job, this may be the last time to stand up for Liberty without risking the penalties those men faced.

We call on all leaders of their field, and public celebrities; reporters, commentators, entertainers, businessmen, scientists. Step forward, as those fifty-six patriots did Two hundred thirty-one years ago, and change the world once again. You needn't agree with everything Dr. Ron Paul says; simply agree that in a field of politicians on both sides of the aisle, he stands out as the lone statesman and defender of the Constitution.

Bladestunner316
01-26-2008, 08:15 PM
I think this is a great idea!!

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 08:18 PM
I think this is a great idea!!

Sehr Gut! Keep it bumped to the rest of us Paultards get that it's a better way to win than spamming Fox News.

dblee
01-26-2008, 08:19 PM
i'm in, give me a target

liberteebell
01-26-2008, 08:19 PM
I love your enthusiasim. I wish everyone would be like that.

Well thank you! I'm just trying to help save our country and I never thought I'd see anything like this in my lifetime so heck yes, I'll do what I can! I'm in this for the long haul.

cputter
01-26-2008, 11:03 PM
// introductory letter
// this letter should please be personalised
// it is aimed mainly at economic issues
// if you want to address other issues too, please suggest something

Dear Mr. Smith,

I would like to tell you two stories. The stories of two Americans. The first is my own, though I will try and keep it short because I feel the other is of much greater importance to us both right now. It is the second story, that of one man's life and dream, that needs to be heard. In fact it is not so much a story as a simple message. A message of peace, freedom and prosperity. Though let me regress first.

I was born in New York, where I also met my wife 16 years ago. Currently we are raising our two young daughters in New Jersey and are doing quite well. Though I am worried for their futures. The money I have set aside for them is losing its value every day due to inflation and the falling dollar.

Though the 2008 election is still a long way off I believe America is at a crucial point in history, and thus we all have a lot at stake in these coming years. Therefore several months ago I started looking for a presidential candidate, democrat or republican, with whom I can entrust my daughters' futures. I can tell you it certainly was not easy trying to find an honest politician.

Though I did. I found honesty in a doctor, in his message and in his record.

Congressman Ron Paul has been warning those in Washington of the dangers of fiscal irresponsibility since the 70's. As a current member of the House Committee on Financial Services he is very well informed, and very concerned, about the state of America's economy. David Walker, U.S. Comptroller General, has likened present-day United States with the Roman Empire in its decline, saying the Government is on a "burning platform". I myself am very concerned. There is not a day that goes by that I do not worry about the America I am leaving my daughters to inherit.

Though I have found hope in Dr. Paul's message, and in his record as a congressman. Not once has he voted for an unbalanced budget, nor increased taxes. He has introduced numerous pieces of legislation to improve transparency and reform the government's monetary policy. More important though are the bills he has introduced to reform government's spending, to reduce our debt to other nations and ultimately cut down on inflation and restore value to our dollars.

It is not solely for these reasons that I will cast my vote for Dr. Paul. In him I have found a belief that I have not seen nor heard in any of our leaders in a long time. It is a belief in the wisdom of our founding fathers. A belief that it is not our government, nor economy, nor military that makes America a great nation, but the freedoms of its people. It is this belief in our liberties that at times has caused him to be the sole voice in congress to vote for our God given rights protected by the constitution. I will cast my vote for Ron Paul because of his principles, because I know he will continue doing everything in his power to ensure the vision of our founding fathers will not be lost. So that we the people can continue our pursuit of happiness.

Dr. Ron Paul is the only presidential candidate that I can entrust my daughters' futures with, entrust America's future with. I know he can not promise them a better America necessarily, but I know he will ensure our next generation has the freedom to work for and attain prosperity, not burdened by my generations debts to other countries.

Out of all the candidates for president, Ron Paul alone firmly upholds the principles upon which our nation was founded and that have made America great. I urge you to find out more about Ron Paul, please read more about his thoughts and principles in the accompanying letter. It is his message of freedom, peace and prosperity that is being whispered amongst many diverse people around America, around the world in fact. But it needs to be shouted. Louder and above those voices that are spreading fear.

I am doing all I can to spread Ron Paul's message, so are thousands of others. Please join your voice with ours so that 'freedom' can once again reverberate throughout America.

Sincerely,
Mr. John Doe

Visit ronpaul2008.com to find out more about his story, and if you believe in his message make your voice be heard and endorse Ron Paul for president.

// Accompanying letter
// It contains more bulk and issues, does not need to be tailored to the person sending or receiving it.
// credits to imaginegirl, thanks!!!

To all Americans,

We want you to know that we very strongly endorse Republican Ron Paul for the next president of the United States. For the sake of all that we have come to love about America, we strongly urge you to vote for Ron Paul in your state’s upcoming Republican primary election or caucus, and to urge as many of your friends, family and neighbors as possible to do the same.

Out of all the candidates for president, Ron Paul alone firmly upholds the principles upon which our nation was founded and that have made America great.

Many settlers came to America to escape the religious persecution that was occurring in other parts of the world by oppressive governments and seek the freedom to live according to their own conscience. When the government of Britain became tyrannical, our founding fathers formed and fought dearly for an independent and sovereign nation that sought to recognize the individual God-given rights of every person and insure freedom and justice for all. While in practice our nation has never been perfect, it is those ideals we should continue to protect and defend.

In order to have freedom, where we the people rather than the government determine what we do with our lives, we must have limited government. The founders of our nation including George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and James Madison understood this, so they drafted a Constitution that limited the powers of the government, distributing these powers among three separate branches, while protecting the freedoms and rights of the states and the people from the control of the federal government.

However, we have since drifted away from this principle. Today, politicians all too often are the ones making the decisions we ourselves, our families, our churches, and our communities ought to be making. Today, we find the government interfering in our freedom to choose our healthcare, the education for our children, our private property rights, our free market economy, our right to keep the money we earn, our freedom to exercise our religion, our freedom of speech, our privacy… where will it stop?

Ron Paul stands alone in his founding-father-emulating commitment to protecting our lives from unnecessary and dangerous control by the government by only acting in areas the federal government is permitted and authorized to by our Constitution, the primary contract between “We the People” and the federal government of The United States. He believes in the rule of law and obeying that Constitution, and has the voting record to prove it. Ron Paul wants to be president because he doesn’t want to run our lives, the economy and the world. He simply wants to protect our country and the liberty of its citizens. Freedom – that’s what America is all about.

Ron Paul is the only candidate who is adequately addressing the serious financial problems our nation is facing and has the correct solution for it.

Our nation is in serious financial trouble, and we are seeing signs of it everywhere in our economy. Right now our country is nearly $10 trillion in debt, with nearly $60 trillion in total liabilities. Much of that debt is owed to foreign countries like China and Saudi Arabia who are financing it. Not only is this hard on our economy, but it compromises our national security. Yet the federal government is still spending about $250 billion dollars each year more than it brings in, and our debt is increasing an unbelievable $1 million every minute, $1.4 billion every single day!

Just as it is unwise for an individual to live beyond his means, it is unwise for our nation to live beyond its means. At some point in time, the bills will become due. And who pays? We all do.

Ron Paul is the only candidate seriously committed to balancing our budget, cutting government spending, and reducing our debt. He is not just saying that, either. He has a proven track record spanning 30 years in Congress voting never to raise taxes, never to take money out of Social Security, and never to have an unbalanced budget. He’s never voted to raise congressional pay, never taken a government-paid junket, and never participated in the congressional pension program. He returns a portion of his annual congressional budget to the U.S. Treasury every year. Think about that.

Ron Paul also wants to transition the country away from the federal welfare state and do away with the federal income tax system that is such a burden to taxpayers, because he believes we should have the right to keep what we earn and the freedom to use it how we believe we should. He has correctly pointed out that the federal income tax, which the U.S. did fine without for most of its history, can be eliminated—and not replaced with a “fair tax” or any other tax—and the federal government would still bring in the same amount of revenue it did only 10 years ago. Coupled with his dedication to cut government spending, this would go a long way in solving our financial woes.

In addition, Ron Paul is committed to transitioning away from the unconstitutional Federal Reserve central banking system, which causes inflation by perpetually creating fiat or paper money. By artificially increasing our money supply, it allows the government to spend even more and causes the value of our money to go down, hence why our dollar is now plummeting in value and our cost of living is rising. In addition, the Federal Reserve causes other economic problems we are experiencing today by artificially lowering interest rates beneath healthy market rates. This is what has caused the current crisis in the housing market. Ron Paul wants to reintroduce the sound money system authorized by our Constitution. Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson got rid of the central bank. So why do we put up with it?

A student of economics, Ron Paul is the only candidate who understands these important issues and will do something about it.

Ron Paul is the only one who has a sensible foreign policy.

Throughout most of the 20th century, the United States has adopted a policy of intervening in the affairs of other countries around the world when our self defense has not warranted it. We give enormous foreign aid to other countries, supply other countries with weapons, commit our military to defend other nations, plot to overthrow or prop up other governments, and even start wars with countries whose governments we don’t like. For instance, our government has not only supported Saddam Hussein in the past, but Osama bin Laden and Pakistan’s former dictator. While intentions may have been good, time and again history has shown that meddling in the affairs of other nations causes problems and unintended consequences for us. One of the reasons the terrorists gave for attacking us on 9/11/01 was the presence of our military bases in Saudi Arabia. Instead, Ron Paul wants to follow the advice of our founders like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison who clearly advised us to stay out of entangling alliances with and the internal affairs of other nations.

The current war in Iraq is a very massive and costly commitment by the United States to something that was not necessary for our national defense. Iraq was not behind the terrorist attacks of 9/11/01, and did not pose a direct, definite threat to the American people. Instead, our government had resolved to overthrow Saddam Hussein in 1998, long before 9/11. On top of that, the war was not declared by Congress as required by the Constitution. Article 1, Section 8 states that only Congress has the power to declare war, yet Congress illegally transferred the power to declare war to the President if he wanted to. Our federal government is now engaged in policing other countries and nation-building, activities that are not authorized by the Constitution, and that George W. Bush originally condemned when he ran for President in the year 2000.

Even if the war was justified legally and/or morally, we simply cannot afford to continue it. Our government is paying for it by borrowing enormous sums of money and going deeper and deeper into debt. We as a nation must live within our means and be good stewards of our resources. American families should not be forced to finance this debt through current and future taxes when some families are struggling to make ends meet as it is, partially due to our tax system. People may still help out the people of Iraq through private charity, not unconstitutional government actions.

Ron Paul wants to end our unnecessary engagements in other countries around the world that are draining our resources (including the health and morale of our troops) and that lead to unintended consequences. At the same time, he supports maintaining a strong national defense and supports war only when it is properly declared by Congress and absolutely necessary for the defense of our country, which is in line with the Christian Just War Theory. As a member of Congress he voted to use force to bring Osama bin Laden and Al Queda to justice, however does not support the current nation- building going on in Afghanistan and Iraq, which has distracted us from that original goal. He is dedicated to securing our borders here, taking care of illegal immigration without granting amnesty by getting rid of the incentives that bring them here illegally like the promise of free health care and education, and protecting our national security and sovereignty by opposing the giving up of power and freedoms to supernational and global government.

Ron Paul is committed to protecting all human life.

Ron Paul is an OB/GYN doctor who has delivered 4,000 babies and understands the legal and moral rights of the unborn. He is the author of legislation in Congress that would negate Roe vs. Wade, which he firmly believes is an unconstitutional intrusion by the federal government, keep the federal government from supporting abortion, and allow states to again make abortion illegal. As a result of his strong pro-life action and voting record, he has won the endorsement of respected pro-life organizations and leaders.

Ron Paul is the candidate the people, not the big corporations, special interests, or big corporate media, want.

You may not have heard much about Ron Paul in the mainstream media because they are purposefully downplaying him and his success. They do not want you to know about him, and they do not want him to win, because he is dealing with the real problems of our government that so many big corporations and special interests benefit from at the expense of the American people. But despite their efforts, Ron Paul has gained astonishing support all across the nation. He has placed above so-called “front-runner” candidates in every Republican primary to date, and he even took second place in Nevada – beating Giuliani, Huckabee, and McCain! He holds the record for the largest one-day political fundraiser in American history: over $6 million dollars in one day from his supporters. He also has raised more money than any other Republican candidate from those in our military. This is BIG. Please throw all your support into getting Ron Paul elected, spread the word, and quickly. Tell everyone you know. Feel free to share this letter with others. Let’s help keep America the great nation our founding fathers intended it to be.

Who should be our next president? Ron Paul has the experience. He has the vision. He has the respect for our founding principles and our freedoms. He has the support of the people. The choice is clear.

Sincerely,
The Grass Roots of America

cputter
01-26-2008, 11:17 PM
someone just posted a letter we're allowed to plagiarize...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=102207

I'll see what I can do.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-26-2008, 11:40 PM
That's great. I want us to have 2 letters. One no more than 3 or 4 paragraphs to ask for the endorsement. The second to talk more in depth about WHY they should endorse Paul. That way we only need to alter the first letter.

cputter
01-26-2008, 11:54 PM
List of Celebs

*** Academics & Education ***

# James M. Buchanan (economist and Nobel prize laureate, libertarian) *add libertarian, economy flyer
- Address : James Buchanan, Buchanan House, MSN 1E6, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA 22030
- Phone: (703) 993-2327

# Vernon Lomax Smith (economist and Nobel prize laureate, libertarian) *add libertarian, economy flyer
Address : Vernon Smith, Interdisciplinary Center for Economic Science, 4400 University Drive, MSN 1B2, Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: 703.993.4850

*** Finance ***

# Doug Casey
- Address (company): Doug Casey, PO Box 84900, Phoenix, AZ 85071
- Phone (company): (800) 528-0559

# Richard Maybury
- Address (company): Richard Maybury, Henry Madison Research, Inc., PO Box 84908, Phoenix, AZ 85071
- Phone (company): 1-800-509-5400

*** Political Officials ***

*** Authors & Media ***

# Mark Larsen
- Address: Mark Larsen, Media Services, Inc., 4025 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92108

Phone: (619) 542-7735

# Thomas Friedman
- Address: Thomas Friedman, c/o New York Times, Editorial Department, 229 W 43rd St., New York, NY 10036-3959

# Noam Chomsky
- Address (publisher): Noam Chomsky, c/o Henry Holt and Company, 175 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10010
- Address (uni): Noam Chomsky, c/o MIT Linguistics and Philosophy, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, 32-D808, Cambridge, MA 02139

# Naomi Klein
- Meet Her : Friday, March 14, 2008, 6:30 p.m., Left Forum 2008, Cooper Union, NYC, 7 East 7th St. (at 3rd Avenue), New York, NY 10003
- Address (publisher): Naomi Klein, c/o Henry Holt and Company, 175 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10010

# Bill Sardi
- Address: Bill Sardi, 457 West Allen #117, San Dimas, California 91773

# Dean Koontz
- Address: Dean Koontz, PO Box 9529, Newport Beach, California 92658

# Naomi Wolf
- postal address (agent): Naomi Wolf c/o Royce Carlton, 866 United Nations Plaza, New Nork, N.Y. 10017
- telephone (agent): Royce Carlton, 212.355.7700

# Jack Cafferty
-postal address (HQ): Jack Cafferty, c/o ???,1 CNN Center, POB 105366, Atlanta, GA 30348
-telephone (HQ): (404) 827 - 1500
-see also: http://www.givecaffertyashow.com/

# Wolf Blitzer
-postal address (HQ): Wolf Blitzer, c/o ???,1 CNN Center, POB 105366, Atlanta, GA 30348

# Lou Dobbs
-postal address (HQ): Lou Dobbs, c/o ???,1 CNN Center, POB 105366, Atlanta, GA 30348

# Howard Stern
- Address: The Howard Stern Show, c/o Tracey Millman, Sirius Satellite Radio, 1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York, N.Y. 10020
- Phone: 1-888-927-7465, mabye someone can ask for a proper postal address...

# Rush Limbaugh
-postal address (agent): The Rush Limbaugh Show, 1270 Avenue of the Americas, New York, N.Y. 10020
-telephone (his show): 1-800-282-2882

# David Barry (best selling American author and Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist)
- Address: David Barry, c/o The Miami Herald, One Herald Plaza, Miami FL 33132

# Glenn Reynolds (columnist)
- Address (uni): Prof. Glenn Reynolds, c/o The University of Tennessee, College of Law, 1505 W. Cumberland Ave., Knoxville, Tennessee, 37996-1801

# Peggy Noonan (columnist)
- Address (publisher): Peggy Noonan, c/o Random House, Inc., 1745 Broadway, New York, NY 10019
- Phone (publisher): (212) 782-9000
- Addres (Wall Street Journal): Peggy Noonan, c/o The Wall Street Journal, 200 Burnett Road, Chicopee, MA 01020

*** Health & Physicians ***

*** Public Safety Officials ***

*** Business ***

# Don Jones
- Addres (mail): Don Jones, Spirit Enterprise LLP, P.O. Box 1167, Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1167
- Addres (street): Don Jones, 481 E. Division Street, Suite 800, Fond du Lac, WI 54936

*** Lawyers & Legal ***

# Judge Andrew P. Napolitano *add libertarian flyer
- address (publisher): Andrew Napolitano, c/o Thomas Nelson, Inc., PO Box 141000, Nashville, TN 37214, Attn: Author Mail

*** Veterans & Military ***

# William Eldridge Odom
- postal address (agent): General Odom c/o Hudson Institute, 1015 15th Street, N.W. 6th Floor Washington, DC 20005
- telephone (agent): 202.974.2400

*** Celebrities & Entertainers ***

# Charlton Heston
- Address: Charlton Heston, c/o Staff Member Agamemnon Films, 650 N Bronson Ave #B-225, Los Angeles, CA 90004-1404

# Clint Eastwood *add libertarian flyer
- Address (agent): Clint Eastwood, c/o William Morris Agency, One William Morris Place, Beverly Hills, California 90212,
- Phone (agent): 310-859-4000
- Address (supposedly): Clint Eastwood, P.O. Box 4366, Carmel, CA 93921-4366

# Kurt Russell - *add libertarian flyer
Address: Kurt Russell, c/o Creative Artists Agency, 9830 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, California 90212-1825

# Drew Carrey *add libertarian, marijuana flyer
address (agent): Drew Carey, The Gersh Agency, 232 North Canon Drive,Beverly Hills, CA 90210
addres (show): Drew Carey, The Price is Right, 7800 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036

# George Carlin
- Address (supposed): George Carlin, c/o Carlin Productions, 1112 Montana Avenue, Suite 729, Santa Monica, CA 90403-1669
- Address (agent): George Carlin, Jonas Public Relations, 240 26th Street, Suite 3, Santa Monica, CA 90402

# John Mayer
- Address (management): John Mayer, Mick Management, 44 Wall Street, 22nd Floor
- Address (agent): John Mayer, 2000 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067
- Phone (agent): (424) 288-2000

# Joy Behar
- Address (agent): Joy Behar, William Morris Agency, One William Morris Place, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
- Phone (agent): (310) 859-4000

# Mel Gibson
- Address (agent): Mel Gibson, Spanky Taylor, 3727 W. Magnolia, Suite 300, Burbank, CA 91505
- Address (PR): Mel Gibson, c/o Rogers & Cowan, Pacific Design Center, 8687 Melrose Avenue, 7th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90069
- Phone (PR): (310) 854-8100

# Bob Saget
- Address (agent): Bob Saget, Brillstein-Grey Entertainment, 9150 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 350, Beverly Hills, CA 90212

# Tiger Woods
- Address (agent): Tiger Woods, c/o International Management Group, IMG Center, Suite #100, 1360 East Ninth Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44114-1782

# Phil Mickelson
- Address (agent): Phil Mickelson, c/o GSM, 13845 North Northsight Blvd Suite 200, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

# Penn Jillette
- Address (The Rio): Penn Jillette, c/o Rio All Suite Hotel & Casino, 3700 W Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89103
- Phone (The Rio): (702) 777-7777 Toll Free: (800) 888-0400

# Tom Selleck * add libertarian, pro gun flyers
- Address (supposed): Tom Selleck, 331 Sage Ln, Santa Monica, CA 90402-1119
- Address (agent): Tom Selleck, "Las Vegas", NBC Universal Television Studio, Dreamworks SKG,9336 West Washington Blvd.,Bldg F, Culver City, CA 90232

# David Grohl (Foo Fighters)
- Address (supposed): David Grohl, c/o Silva Artist Management, 722 Seward Street, Los Angeles, CA 90038

*** Organizations ***

# Cato Institute
- Address : William A. Niskanen, c/o 1000 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington DC 20001-5403, Phone (202) 842-0200

*** Elected Officials ***

# Senator Tom McClintock
- Capitol Office: State Capitol, Room 3070, Sacramento, CA 95814, Phone: (916) 651-4019, Fax: (916) 324-7544
- District Office: 223 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd., Suite 400, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360, Phone: (805) 494-8808, Fax: (805) 494-8812

# Jesse Ventura
- Address (gov): Jesse Ventura, Office of Governor Jesse Ventura, 130 State Capitol, 75 Constitution Ave., St. Paul, MN 55155
- Address (supposed): Jesse Ventura, c/o Nicole Nassar PR, 1111 10th Street, Suite 104, Santa Monica, CA 90403
- Phone: 651-296-3391 or 800-657-3717

*** Pastors & Clergy ***

Please use the list at http://www.theadvocates.org/celebrities.html, it's filled with well known libertarians. Google peoples addresses and post them here, I'll add them to the list.

Find mailing addresses at: http://www.fanmail.biz

I'm not american so have no idea who should go in there.

Please raise your hand if you want to take care of one category of celeb. I'll put your name up there and we'll start filling it up with notable celebs. How's that sound?

I thought we could add some of the standard flyers to every envelope aimed at the celeb (Drew Carrey gets a marijuana flyer), or maybe personalise the letter itself. Maybe both.

What is a slim jim and can we post them?

version #2

RonPaulVolunteer
01-27-2008, 12:18 AM
I see this as an ongoing project. It should have been started earlier.

Once we get names and addresses, I have a full office facility to take care of everything else.

cputter
01-27-2008, 12:36 AM
ongoing projected? sure it was only like started a few hours back, but don't fret. It's nearly done.

If finished both letters. A short introductory one that should be personalised depending on sender, please be honest and truthful when sending anything out.

A second one, with credits to imaginegirl, she and her husband wrote a beautiful, accurate letter dicussing RP's policies. Maybe we should include more on RP's personal life, a short bio perhaps? Write it up and I'll chuck it in there.

The new edited versions should be on page two, I'll keep them there and edit as we continue.

So now to getting celebs and there addresses...

Just add names to the list... we'll try and fine postal addressed on the net. Otherwise call first thing Monday.

Now get to it people. This should be DONE by TONIGHT!

cputter
01-27-2008, 12:54 AM
ok, I started filling up the celeb list.

I'm assuming most of them will simply have agents addresses listed, so we'll have to try and call them up and see if we can get around that.

please post names and addresses and I'll update the list on page 3

Revolution9
01-27-2008, 01:03 AM
List of Celebs

Academics & Education

Finance

Political Officials

Authors & Media

- Naomi Wolf
- postal address (agent): Royce Carlton, 866 United Nations Plaza, New Nork, N.Y. 10017
- telephone (agent): Royce Carlton, 212.355.7700

Health & Physicians

Public Safety Officials

Business

Lawyers & Legal

Veterans & Military

Celebrities & Entertainers

Organizations

Elected Officials

Pastors & Clergy

I'm not american so have no idea who should go in there.

Please raise your hand if you want to take care of one category of celeb. I'll put your name up there and we'll start filling it up with notable celebs. How's that sound?

Get the list going folks. We need some endorsements across the board. The other campaigns have bought and paid for shills like Norris. We need some real people.

Best Regards
Randy

cputter
01-27-2008, 01:06 AM
Got William Odom's address on there too.

Please people. How hard can it be? Think of someone famous that might share RP's views, google them and post there contact details here and I'll add them to the list.

cputter
01-27-2008, 01:10 AM
added

# Rush Limbaugh
-postal address (agent): The Rush Limbaugh Show, 1270 Avenue of the Americas, New York, N.Y. 10020
-telephone (his show): 1-800-282-2882

Crickett
01-27-2008, 01:21 AM
I really liked this first letter. Not too long to scare me, and it would make me interested in finding out more about him, which is why the website should be added in the bottom. Great letter. Touched emotions, which is really what needs to happen. I would also state somewhere that he needs their vote, and their donations, as he takes no $ from lobbyists nor special interest groups.

cputter
01-27-2008, 01:42 AM
Everyone just think of one celeb!!!! Google his contact info and post it here!!!!

Don't be so bloody apathetic.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-27-2008, 01:47 AM
OK, paste the letter here and I will add it to the OP.

cputter
01-27-2008, 01:55 AM
The letter is already pasted on page 2. I'm just editing it in place to make sure there's only one current version.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-27-2008, 01:55 AM
OK cool.

BreakYourChains
01-27-2008, 01:59 AM
Two hundred thirty-one years ago, fifty-six patriots stepped forward, pledged to each other their Lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor, and changed the world.

In 1776, those men faced death for stepping forward and leading this country to a brighter future. Today, we face no less a crisis than those men of honor faced in their day. Those to whom we appeal understand this, and know why Dr. Ron Paul is the only candidate for President who can bring us back from the abyss. Although the penalties for stepping forward today may be severe, from ridicule to loss of job, this may be the last time to stand up for Liberty without risking the penalties those men faced.

We call on all leaders of their field, and public celebrities; reporters, commentators, entertainers, businessmen, scientists. Step forward, as those fifty-six patriots did Two hundred thirty-one years ago, and change the world once again. You needn't agree with everything Dr. Ron Paul says; simply agree that in a field of politicians on both sides of the aisle, he stands out as the lone statesman and defender of the Constitution.

Now that is an impressive letter!

cputter
01-27-2008, 02:09 AM
added - senator Tom McClintock

Come on people, I'm getting a celeb every few minutes on here and from Germany and have no idea who republican and have to look everything up.

Just get with the program ok?!

cputter
01-27-2008, 02:55 AM
can we sticky this till we have enough addresses?

unconsious767
01-27-2008, 03:24 AM
Clint Eastwood, self described libertarian
Actor/Director

Address (supposedly):
P.O. Box 4366
Carmel, CA 93921-4366

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8378/clinteastwooddf8.jpg

cputter
01-27-2008, 03:56 AM
added Clint Eastwood, Jack Cafferty, Lou Dobbs and Wolf Blitzer.

Though cnn doesn't seem to provide any direct address for their guys (just crazy internet forms...), i just put the address of cnn HQ in atlanta. There's a number too.

Can someone please call and get correct mailing addresses for the guys at cnn?

And please sticky this till we're done.

cputter
01-27-2008, 04:06 AM
ok, to make our lives a bit easier...

http://www.theadvocates.org/celebrities.html

that's a list of libertarian celebs, have a look, find someone you like, google a postal address, and then post it here.

JimInNY
01-27-2008, 04:13 AM
Kurt Russell
c/o Creative Artists Agency
9830 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, California 90212-1825

"I'm a libertarian. I think a lot of people are libertarians and are afraid to admit it -- or don't know." -- Kurt Russell in the Washington Post (May 2, 1997)

Rahl
01-27-2008, 04:51 AM
no clue if this information is still correct

OFFICE OF GOVERNOR JESSE VENTURA
130 State Capitol
75 Constitution Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55155

voice: 651-296-3391 or 800-657-3717
fax: 651-296-2089
TDD: 651-296-0075 or (800)-657-3598
email: Governor.JesseVentura@state.mn.us

cputter
01-27-2008, 05:12 AM
thanks for those addresses. added Russel and Ventura. Also Carrey and some others.

Please check out http://www.theadvocates.org/celebrities.html and google for some addresses.

cputter
01-27-2008, 06:37 AM
bump for sticky

cputter
01-27-2008, 07:08 AM
I added some more columnist on the list on page 3.

Would someone mind stickying this?

And will the 400+ people usually on here all just make one suggestion, google the address and post it here please.

liberteebell
01-27-2008, 07:46 AM
Perhaps someone in each of their respective states could write to all the republicans currently in office or running for office in their states.

I was thinking it would be nice to have some "heavy weights" in other fields too. Sports would be a good one. I follow golf a bit; a Tiger Woods and/or Phil Mickelson endorsement wouldn't be too shabby :) I know a lot of people in sports do a lot for charity so a Ron Paul presidency would dovetail nicely with their charity work.

International Management Group
Attn: Tiger Woods
IMG Center, Suite #100
1360 East Ninth Street
Cleveland, Ohio
44114-1782

Phil Mickelson
Attn: FAN MAIL
GSM
13845 North Northsight Blvd Suite 200
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

RonPaulVolunteer
01-27-2008, 11:51 AM
bump - admin sticky please

cputter
01-27-2008, 02:34 PM
bump for sticky.

read page 2 and 3 and then please help out. it would be nice to be done by this evening....

GoDrNo
01-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Ahh, people are just in a complacent stage now. The nwo's media/vote fraud campaign worked. It took the wind out of our sails. The more hopeless we are told our cause is, the more believe it--that is the source of their power. More bark then bite.

A personal message to all of us from RP (justed posted on youtube today):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0nJH6zB9VM&eurl=http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/news/

Hopefully this can help restore the vigor to some of the people who are feeling down.

free.alive
01-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Where's the official endorsement from Penn Jillette? Someone in NV please press the issue.

freedom-maniac
01-27-2008, 02:51 PM
I've actually been suggesting this for a long time:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=57735

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=57772

cputter
01-27-2008, 03:22 PM
added Penn Jillette to the list on page 3

sticky please?

RonPaulVolunteer
01-27-2008, 11:28 PM
bump

cputter
01-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Ok, looks like things are rolling. slowly though.

we'll start sending out those letters this week, every celeb that we send a letter to will be crossed from the list.

We still need tones of addresses.

See page 3 for the list, page 2 for the letters.

How do we sticky this? or subforum, or something?

teshuah
01-27-2008, 11:46 PM
How about Donald Jones http://www.spiritenterprise.com/

cputter
01-27-2008, 11:54 PM
how about posting his mailing address and I'll add it to the list on page 3.

Bladestunner316
01-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Bill Sardi
http://www.knowledgeofhealth.com/

Sorry could not find a mailing address.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Please, if you suggest someone, try and find their address first.

Ara825
01-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Dean Koontz
PO Box 9529
Newport Beach, California 92658

Mark Cuban
mark.cuban@dallasmavs.com

cputter
01-28-2008, 02:20 AM
added Dean Koontz thanks.

is someone gonna sticky this? or subforum or something?

cputter
01-28-2008, 07:58 AM
added Tom Selleck, I think he must be a closet RP supporter...

teshuah
01-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Don Jones
Spirit Enterprise LLP
Mailing address:
P.O. Box 1167
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1167

Street Address:
481 E. Division Street, Suite 800
Fond du Lac, WI

cputter
01-28-2008, 08:34 PM
thanks!

I added Don Jones to the list.

sticky?

imaginegirl
01-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the comments on the letter.. My hubby did most of the hard work :)
I found this site. Supposedly for $3.95 for the first 7 days you've got access to any celeb's address:

http://www.contactvip.com/

Just make sure to cancel it before the recurring $9.95 fee. If the login info was posted here, we could all log in with it & just start grabbing addresses. We'd only want it for less than the next 7 days anyway... could save a lot of time with googling (I tried Googling, couldn't find any address info)... it's a thought!

puppetmaster
01-28-2008, 08:36 PM
FOO Fighters....? they have handed out RP flyers and talked about RP on stage...
I have heard second hand only.

cputter
01-28-2008, 08:41 PM
I use

http://www.fanmail.biz/

to get addresses, works for most celebs and it's free.

Otherwise just get their publisher, agent, manager, etc's address...

I'll add FOO Fighters, thanks.

Bladestunner316
01-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Bill Sardi
457 West Allen #117
San Dimas
California 91773

Dutchie
01-28-2008, 08:49 PM
i don't have any contact info but the author Naomi Klein
might be quite good, she is canadian, but still quite a good
vocal choice.

arkana
01-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Thomas Friedman
New York Times
Editorial Department
229 W 43rd St.
New York, NY 10036-3959 USA

Author of The World is Flat and The Lexus and the Olive Branch.

Also post addresses you need. I have the celebrity Blackbook that guarantees correct contact addresses for celebrities. From contactanycelebrity.com

arkana
01-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Charlton Heston
c/o Staff Member Agamemnon Films
650 N Bronson Ave #B-225
Los Angeles, CA 90004-1404

cputter
01-28-2008, 09:21 PM
:) looking good, thanks for those addresses I added them all.

I'll start using version numbering, just so I can keep track.

We're at version #1

RobHino
01-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Dearest Rush,

You have talked the talk for many years now, and one can only hope when given the chance you will walk the walk. Endorse no one and no one will notice. Endorse Romney and people will speculate on Bain Capital's influence on Clear Channel. Endorse Ron Paul and change politics forever while cementing your legacy in American politics. This is quite possibly your last opportunity to publicly endorse a true conservative, a real American and a true patriot.

Foreign Policy Reconsidered? (http://www.ronpauliswrong.com/)

Thanks for your time and consideration.

cputter
01-29-2008, 12:29 PM
bump

WilliamC
01-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Contact Mark Larson
To schedule Mark for an emcee or speaking engagement, please contact Dayna Monroe at (858) 922-6575 or email her at daynamonroe@yahoo.com.

E-mail Mark Larson at: mark@marklarson.com

For information on all services, please contact:

Mark Larson Media Services, Inc.
4025 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92108

Phone: (619) 542-7735

Alex Libman
01-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Great idea, and probably the best use of one's time (if you're good at that sort of thing).

In addition to the obvious (any politician or celebrity you can contact), I think former Independent candidates like Ross Perot and Jesse Ventura should be on top of that list...

ropor
01-29-2008, 01:09 PM
I came across America's Most Popular Campaign Donor Search Engine!

http://www.newsmeat.com/

We can find the VIP's that have contributed to the Kucinch campaign and tell them about RP's platform. We could also find the VIP'S that have contributed to the GOP presidential campaign.

cputter
01-29-2008, 03:34 PM
added the above, any body that feels like it can simply use the letters on page 2 and post them off to any addresses they feel like on page 3.

post here to let me know which ones you've posted to already and I'll mark them.

at version # 2

expatinireland
01-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Just came across this thread.

These people receive tons of mail. It might help to write a note on the bottom left front of the letter "Please help a Libertarian in need" "Our mutual Libertarian friend needs your help".

I am in Ireland so I am too far away to send letters to be received promptly. Hopefully people in CA will send letters to CA addresses etc.

I would suggest keeping the letters personal, short and to the point, enclosing a slim jim to provide background information. For example, if you are writing to Clint Eastwood use his quote from January 25, 2004 when he said, "I like the libertarian view, which is to leave everyone alone."

virginiakid
01-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Sorry if this is a repost. How about getting Charlie Daniels?