PDA

View Full Version : Preaching from MY pulpit.... reached 63 people today!

trey4sports
01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
well today/yesterday i attented the Kansas City (missouri, Suburban confrence) Hickman Mills invitational and competed in student congress along with 40-60 varsity STU-CO members. All of my speechs centered around constitutional law and during cross examination i vehemently grilled those supporting hyper-moralism and most of the time they simply had no rebutall. They couldn't challenge the constitution and this was apparent. I spoke coherently, with passion and zest. This was only my 3rd time competing in this event and after it was apparent that I could dethrone some kings of this district they took me very seriously and it was easy to hold the audience captive. after my first speech everyone kind of gathered around me so to speak since im "the new kid on the block" and i got to spread the word of dr paul to 60 kids around age 18 some of which can vote and some of which cannot. Overall the result was great, many commited to voting for him on the spot and others gave me their facebook info with the promise of reading through literature if i sent it.

it was an exhilarating feeling recieving 1st place, but what really made me feel great was spreading the good word of Dr. Paul and getting his name out to the masses.

thats how i reached approximately 63 Student Congress members who could very well become part of this growing movement :D

Marc3579
01-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Good going Trey. Congrats on the first place win also, I know how nice it is to finish first in anything, I think I would have made a good debater. But, I just wasn't interested in it when I was in high school.

Agora
01-26-2008, 05:10 PM
congrat! :)

Arklatex
01-26-2008, 05:11 PM
You make us proud Patriot.

Laja
01-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Man, what an awesome feeling that must be! What an awesome thing to do. AND thanks so much for sharing your victory with us (actually it'll be our victory when RP is our next President)

trey4sports
01-26-2008, 05:13 PM
thanks for the support guys.
does anyone have any good websites that help to slowly indoctrinate the youth into Ron Paul's views ? i feel that many may become overwhelmed when confronted with the truth too quickly

dt_
01-26-2008, 05:14 PM
congrats :D well done! now why not try and get involved in community politics and spread the message that way too -- to adults this time.. that's the key demographic for GOP voters, right?

jonahtrainer
01-26-2008, 05:17 PM
That is awesome! Great job.

Today I made a video for the Ron Paul Gold Rush (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LipasDChsSE). I think I"ll head out and do some more canvassing also.

All of you reading, what did you do today?

trey4sports
01-26-2008, 05:20 PM
congrats :D well done! now why not try and get involved in community politics and spread the message that way too -- to adults this time.. that's the key demographic for GOP voters, right?

i would LOVE too, and yes adults especially the 60+ is key.
what exactly do you mean by community politics though?

JimInNY
01-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Now all we need to do is get you a on a super tuesday states tour. :)

Great job!

FSP-Rebel
01-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Pretty impressive buddy

UtahApocalypse
01-26-2008, 06:18 PM
You will have our support when your old enough to run for office!!

trey4sports
01-26-2008, 06:23 PM
You will have our support when your old enough to run for office!!

thanks man.

bump for advice on literature to help persuade friends who are just being introduced to Dr. Paul

Rebel Resource
01-26-2008, 06:26 PM
http://ronpaulreference.com/

ftw

ronpaulwinna
01-26-2008, 06:27 PM
well today/yesterday i attented the Kansas City (missouri, Suburban confrence) Hickman Mills invitational and competed in student congress along with 40-60 varsity STU-CO members. All of my speechs centered around constitutional law and during cross examination i vehemently grilled those supporting hyper-moralism and most of the time they simply had no rebutall. They couldn't challenge the constitution and this was apparent. I spoke coherently, with passion and zest. This was only my 3rd time competing in this event and after it was apparent that I could dethrone some kings of this district they took me very seriously and it was easy to hold the audience captive. after my first speech everyone kind of gathered around me so to speak since im "the new kid on the block" and i got to spread the word of dr paul to 60 kids around age 18 some of which can vote and some of which cannot. Overall the result was great, many commited to voting for him on the spot and others gave me their facebook info with the promise of reading through literature if i sent it.

it was an exhilarating feeling recieving 1st place, but what really made me feel great was spreading the good word of Dr. Paul and getting his name out to the masses.

thats how i reached approximately 63 Student Congress members who could very well become part of this growing movement :D

Can you publish those speeches so we can get more young people out to vote and read up on the Constitution.

FunkBuddha
01-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Got a youtube video of the event? I'd like to see it.

BamaStangGuy
01-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Congrats. Good to see people doing things such as this.

trey4sports
01-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Got a youtube video of the event? I'd like to see it.

i wish i did, however video cameras arent allowed in-round im sure.

Revolution9
01-26-2008, 07:13 PM

I am impressed. Good job.

Best Regards
randy

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Way to rock!

hatefalseweight
01-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Superb, exactly what this is all about