PDA

View Full Version : Raise money for Ron via Cell, 1st time EVER in US History! :) ...crosspost, important

4celling
01-26-2008, 04:30 PM
(I've posted this in a couple of places online so far since last night. In addition, there's some added info at the bottom)
-------------------------

Hi, my name is Scott Hawkins, Sales Manager of 4Celling.com.

We've been watching the Ron Paul money raising now with a lot of interest and we've got a product/service developed that will be groundbreaking for his campaign.

In short, we can help you raise money for Ron with a single phone call, via cell, to a number where supporters could use their keypad (1-9) to pledge a dollar amount and it charges to their cell phone bill, simple...We'd limit it to $9 on this round...makes it easy for all....

Our joint-venture partner in Houston, Texas, Phonecasting, helped us develop this.

4Celling.com the US arm of Vidicom Group, in the UK, the largest SMS provider in the UK and EU.
Here's their website:

http://www.vidicom.co.uk
In November, they were recognized by the UK Govt. as being on the level of trust and safety as MasterCard and Visa. This certification is by the HMRC (Her Majestys Regents and Customs) and it's the first time a Premium SMS supplier has been granted this level of trust.

So, I'd like to explain what we can do for Ron and how we can work with ALL his supporters to make a HUGE and NEWSWORTHY event happen:

THE FIRST TIME IN US HISTORY THAT A CANDIDATE RECIEVES DONATIONS VIA CELL PHONE! CALL A NUMBER, PRESS A KEY AND DONATE TO RON!

We've been working the last entire month on this and it's ready to roll. In addition, we really expect that $4-5MM could be gathered overnight (?) once word gets out about this attempt.

You can call me directly in San Francisco at 415-532-4552.
Please look over our website:

http://www.4celling.com

our US parent site:

http://www.vidicomgroupinc.com

our partner site:

http://www.phonecasting.com

and our UK site:

http://www.vidicom.co.uk

I'm up all day and night and I'm dead serious about making this a big success for Ron :)
I know you'll all have a LOT of questions, so below my signature are some answers I put out to someone who had great questions!

Thanks
--
Scott Hawkins
4Celling Sales & Business Development
http://www.4Celling.com
415-532-4552

------------------

Axxxxxx,

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Let me try to answer some of your questions and give you a bit of background here:

First, the donation effort just might happen anyway on the national level with RP's campaign. I know that some rather high level talks have been in place over the last couple of months. My mail to you and subsuquent posts on a few forums were my attempt to get the ball rollin' on SOME level..ultimately, the main campaign doesn't NEED to approve this, we have the technology to do it on our own...just like others have organized money bombs in the past. It would be NICE if they finally approved the effort and put it out from "on-high", but it's not imperative, heck, it would be cooler if it WAS solely a grassroots effort.

As to our infrastructure..right now the system handles millions in transactions daily, so I'm sure that the load shouldn't be an issue. Ideally, for purposes of raising as much as you can, I'd like to see donations over a longer periods than solely an hour, but we could discuss that. Given the newsworthy nature of this, I really forsee a few million coming in over a couple of days...and the press making a BIG "to-do" over it.

OK, about the fees....we came in over the last year with the power of our originators in the UK and got the best and highest level contracts in the USA, period. In addition, we got the most BACK from the carriers in returns on the $...obviously they get their cut, just like they do with ringtones/wallpapers/etc. We're the FIRST company who's being allowed FULL access with pricing and content to do, really, as we like in regards to our offerings. All that said, the merchant/producer/beneficiary/et. al. receives back about 50%. In most scenarios, they get at or less than 35%...we have friends here in SF who do a really good business in ringtones/wallpapers and on a $1.99 transaction, after ALL fees from the aggregators/carriers, they get back around .45, or 25%! So, RP would be getting back around 50%, and that's the best it can get..the BEST it's been in US history. 4celling, honestly, get's a few pennies on each transaction and that's an automatic thing on our backend...we'd be LIVING on the PR from this, trust me :) I understand and appreciate the PR opportunity..I KNOW my phone will be ringing off the hook from other campaigns and charitable concerns the next day...

Last, we have the ability to make this VIRAL, assuming a few thousand people to start. I've got a finction built in that allows the user to donate, then RECORD a message to a friend and then FORWARD the entire thing to their friend's phone #. So, the next person would get a call with caller ID from the originator, they'd hear their friend talking about it and then they could respond and donate. All clean and simple and it could spread FAST.

I hope this is helpful, I'd like to get this rolling before Super Tuesday...
Thanks
Scott

macdee
01-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Scott had suggested using cell phones to make donations to Ron Paul's presidential campaign. The idea by itself needs to be jazzed up in order for it to work. I suggest if one makes a donation using a cell phone, then they will receive FREE one of the great "Ron Paul Songs" as found near the bottom of the page of the link below...

http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/

I would think that there are Ron Paul supporters which would like one of these Ron Paul songs on their cell phone, perhaps as a ringer tone. We've all heard these great songs on YouTube and Ron Paul Radio websites... and the song itself is FREE! This will make the donation worth while for the donor!

Then a date should be set to make these cell phone donations to create interest from potential donors to the Ron Paul grassroots campaign. We would need to build up the idea and present it in an exciting way. I would suggest Super Tuesday as the date and present it as a national "show of support" for Dr. Paul! The funds raised could go to the Ron Paul Blimp or another grassroots fund raising campaign effort, such as funding one Ron Paul TV campaign Ad using one of the great YouTube videos.

Since the cell phone idea was presented by Scott, I thought I'd make a suggestion to flesh out the idea and how to promote it. A question I have is how much is the startup cost for a cell phone donation fund raiser. We would need to know this first in order to consider the value of this new "cell phone donation" project.

Regards,

MacDee

G-Wohl
01-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Just remember that the online & mail donations never needed any incentive other than Ron Paul's message.

macdee
01-27-2008, 01:07 AM
As the Ron Paul Blimp Team takes a well deserved rest, we need to be fleshing out new ideas to generate new sources of funding for ALL of our grassroots efforts. How do we keep the continuous funding of these projects going? Remember that Dr. Paul IS doing HIS part. And we've made it happen through our donations... and will continue to do our part by always moving forward to the general presidential election this November!

I personally like the NEW idea of donations coming in from cell phones which would offer a FREE Ron Paul Song+Ringer Tone for new donations coordinated with the next MONEY BOMB! This could bring in additional funding internationally I might add! It's now a GLOBAL grassroots effort for Dr. Paul to WIN! The cell phone donation with a FREE song+ringer tone is a great idea from Scott Hawkins. This would be national and international donations! If you have a cell phone anywhere in the world, then you can donate to Ron Paul's grassroots campaign effort! The Ron Paul Blimp project or grassroots sponsored national TV Ads? Or perhaps the Ron Paul national highway billboards project? Any ideas for a new direction in getting the word out? Where do we send all the money to? We need to set this up in advance! Please read the previous posts above.

As we are thinking about the Ron Paul Blimp project and it's current status, there are many other exciting efforts going forward! We can take this time to consider where we are at now, and what's going forward to the November 5th presidential general election. A new subject thread should be started in order for all of us to contribute our very best ideas to these new and exciting fund raising opportunities! With this dedicated and ongoing effort... we will WIN!

Some may be taking a well deserved rest, but we never rest on the Internet! Note that we are moving forward in ALL other areas in support of Dr. Paul! I encourage everyone to throw out their most creative ideas on the Ron Paul Forum and present a new direction in grassroots funding of Dr. Paul's presidential campaign! I would like to see this fresh start coming from the Ron Paul Blimp Team and all supporters as well. What should we do with the money we raised?

Winning is easy... getting there is the hard part! Who will stand with me...

Regards,

MacDee

http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/images/blimplogo2.png

Here is some music for you to enjoy as you contemplate these new and exciting opportunities! Hit the play button often!
Set it to continuous play. Then sit back and consider the unbounded and expansive possibilities...

http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/rpaudio/RonPaulRonPaul.m3u

Always moving forward in a new direction... It's inevitable.. We can't help ourselves but WIN!

francioshouse
01-27-2008, 08:06 AM
This sounds interesting but someone should check with lawyers before this is implemented. The FEC requires certain information be attached to all campaign contributions. And further more this money would not be direct donations but rather funneled through a third party. That in and of itself may be illegal. Do not do anything with this until someone in the campaign or an attorney in our grassroots organization says it's OK.

4celling
01-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Can anyone contact me with direct information regarding HOW to implement this then?
thanks!

Crickett
01-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Can anyone contact me with direct information regarding HOW to implement this then?
thanks!

This is coming from the UK? I thought they could not contribute..hmmm..can they be buying the songs or ringtones? Someone needs to contact trvor about this, and also the advertising company for the blimp.
Are you doing this for the other campaigns, too? or just RP?

4celling
01-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Crickett,

The originating company is from the UK, we are the USA arm and our tech is based HERE, so all transactions are thru US carriers (At&T, Sprint, Verizon, etc)
You are correct, to my knowledge, UK residents couldn't participate (?)
Right now, we aren't looking at doing this for any other campaigns :)