PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Right to Life

CountryboyRonPaul
01-26-2008, 03:07 PM
"HON. RON PAUL OF TEXAS
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
June 4, 2003

Pro-Life Action Must Originate from Principle.

As an obstetrician who has delivered over 4000 children, I have long been concerned with the rights of unborn people. I believe this is the greatest moral issue of our time. The very best of the western intellectual tradition has understood the critical link between moral and political action. Each of these disciplines should strongly inform and support the other.

I have become increasingly concerned over the years that the pro-life movement I so strongly support is getting further off track, both politically and morally. I sponsored the original pro-life amendment, which used a constitutional approach to solve the crisis of federalization of abortion law by the courts. The pro-life movement was with me and had my full support and admiration."

Taken from http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/topic.php?id=21

Paul has sponsored pro-life bills such as H.R. 300, which would nullify the legal force of Roe v. Wade by removing the ability of federal courts to interfere with state laws regarding abortion. Paul also wrote legislation that would define life as beginning at conception (H.R. 1094) and renewed his call to make legal protections for life from conception.

Paul has gained the endorsement of Norma McCorvey, "Jane Roe" of Roe v. Wade, who is reported in a press release from the Paul campaign as saying, "He has never wavered on the issue of being pro-life and has a voting record to prove it." McCorvey goes on to say, "He understands the importance of civil liberties for all, including the unborn. "

"After taking all of the presidential candidates into consideration, it is obvious that Ron Paul is the only one that doesn't just talk the talk," McCorvey stated.

Taken from http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2008/jan/08012517.html

If Right to Life is your Issue, Ron Paul should be a serious consideration.