PDA

View Full Version : Should we use Frankdogg's ad?

MikeSmith
01-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Forget it. Even if the ad isn't going to convert anyone, at least it will introduce people who don't know Ron Paul to some of his positions.

MikeSmith
01-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Umm... if you're going to vote yes, dispute my reasoning please. You guys aren't using logic. You're thinking about the emotion you're feeling, not the emotion others will feel. There is an important distinction!

fedup100
01-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Could we have a link to that ad?

NoPants
01-26-2008, 03:00 PM
I liked it. If the music is changed it will have to be something good. The other version with different music isn't as good.

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc

nbhadja
01-26-2008, 03:02 PM
I vote no as well.

I think the add should mention the following:

*no amnesty
*pro life
*never voted to raise taxes or for an unbalanced budget
*voted against Iraq war (which that add included)
*address the nation's massive 9 (or actually 50) trillion dollar debt
*mention the the falling dollar
plus anything else that could fit

Opulen
01-26-2008, 03:07 PM
I would say yes but have to add something like 'Im republican' and 'I study economics'

'Dr.Paul has a cure for the falling Economy'

Paulitical Correctness
01-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Not sure if the deadline would allow for it but, what about something new? So many talented, creative people in the grassroots.

It should be shocking and fear inducing, like the daisy girl.

Face it, Americans aren't going to care about politics during their superbowl - it has to evoke emotions.

MikeSmith
01-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Not sure if the deadline would allow for it but, what about something new? So many talented, creative people in the grassroots.

It should be shocking and fear inducing, like the daisy girl.

Face it, Americans aren't going to care about politics during their superbowl - it has to evoke emotions.

I'm fine with emotional music, but I think it needs a bit more substance for the reasoning... I guess the No IRS is the only thing I have a big problem with... anyway, it's clear no one else here feels this way, so it doesn't matter. You can let this thread die now.

trey4sports
01-26-2008, 03:12 PM
my friends, this is the best ad. we need to cut it down to :30
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MXSea2W1qcg

the ad would be perfect for the superbowl audience. thats who we are targeting

Paulitical Correctness
01-26-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm fine with emotional music, but I think it needs a bit more substance for the reasoning... I guess the No IRS is the only thing I have a big problem with... anyway, it's clear no one else here feels this way, so it doesn't matter. You can let this thread die now.

I didn't mean music, I meant an entirely different ad altogether.

I don't think the frankdogg one would have any affect on people.

cheese
01-26-2008, 03:13 PM
I don't think Frankdogg's ad is a good choice. It won't convert any neocons because they will think the No IRS thing is hogwash, and it won't convert any democrats/independents because it doesn't have reasoning behind his positions and is anti-illegals, anti-tax, etc.

Who agrees/disagrees?

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc

you are right. it's an ineffective add.

If we invest in a big tv ad it's message should be: "Ron Paul is the only conservative republican running, and here is why..."

Jaykzo
01-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Umm... if you're going to vote yes, dispute my reasoning please. You guys aren't using logic. You're thinking about the emotion you're feeling, not the emotion others will feel. There is an important distinction!

The people viewing this ad will probably be voting off of emotion and feeling, probably not logic and reason.

Which is why this is a perfect ad. It makes you feel good and patriotic, like theres something big going on that you need to be a part of.

Paulitical Correctness
01-26-2008, 03:15 PM

Well, I like this one the most so far - but I'm not sure if that's because I'm already a supporter.

It's hard thinking in terms of winning over new people. How many people could really relate to this? :/

fedup100
01-26-2008, 03:16 PM
I like the first one. The music is great. the more conservative ads that mention Paul at first will be ignored by a non Paul voter.

They, the public we are trying to reach that are undecided or on the fence etc; will go along with reading the clever ad with the cool music. Then Paul will grab them at the end.

Are these our only choices?

Bluedevil
01-26-2008, 03:19 PM
That ad is very well produced, but I says the same think any other political ad would. I think it needs to be something more provocative to get people's attention.

Something that maybe starts of by saying "Why dont your elected leaders follow the Constitution" That will get their attention and then go on from there.

rs3515
01-26-2008, 03:20 PM
For those who weren't around a few months ago, you should look at the 80+ ads that were created for the CNN/YouTube Debate Ron Paul Ad Competition:

http://www.youtube.com/RonPaulAdCompetition

BTW, there was lots of discussion about the first frankdogg ad back in Oct/Nov. Can't be used due to copyright considerations with the song. He contacted the rights holder and I believe they were not interested in having it used in an ad.

Ilhaguru
01-26-2008, 03:21 PM
As opposed to which ad?

Ilhaguru
01-26-2008, 03:24 PM
people like this one from frankdog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8mMTa79Uzc

I like that one too.

Frankdogg is awesome. Period.

Cyclone
01-26-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't like this ad because it says nothing new. It just throws out generalities like all other pandering politicians. They all say this and we all know it is all lies. I would like to see something specific that Ron Paul has offered or said. Such as He has introduced a bill to end taxes on SS checks. That means something.

Imagine a world with a stronger economy? What does that mean? Stronger how? Stronger why? Why should I vote for Ron Paul. All politicians want a stronger economy. They all want an end to the war - maybe in 100 years, but they all want an end to the war.

This ad is bland and boring.

yanksforpaul
01-26-2008, 03:34 PM

I like this one, it's original and not just another boring generic political ad. It needs some editing though.

fedup100
01-26-2008, 03:41 PM
I like this one, it's original and not just another boring generic political ad. It needs some editing though.

WOW, this cartoon one is the BOMB!!! I love it too!!

ProfNo
01-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Someone should make Ron Paul's answer to "are you are electable" into an ad. This could be very good.

Kotin
01-26-2008, 03:50 PM
NO

we need an ad where Dr.Paul speaks directly about economy etc, and where it specifically states he is a REPUBLICAN!!!!!

Kotin
01-26-2008, 03:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tCW_umtjMU&NR=1

JeNNiF00F00
01-26-2008, 03:55 PM
I am leaning more towards the animation as well, but some editing is needed...it needs a little more information.

The first video was kind of boring imo. Colors are drab. It needs more umph to catch peoples attention.

TexFootballMom
01-26-2008, 04:03 PM
I love this one and always have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc

I know it is not real informative and it does not have Ron Paul talking but
it's really catchy. Catches your attention, appeals and turns your head to watch.

trey4sports
01-26-2008, 04:06 PM
I love this one and always have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc

I know it is not real informative and it does not have Ron Paul talking but
it's really catchy. Catches your attention, appeals and turns your head to watch.

i agree HOWEVER that ad is good because of the CCR music which induces a feeling of patriotism and we cannot get the rights to the music so we would have to use a different theme song and the ad would just be bland any other way

jcims
01-26-2008, 04:13 PM
NO

we need an ad where Dr.Paul speaks directly about economy etc, and where it specifically states he is a REPUBLICAN!!!!!

I see this a lot, i don't understand why folks think it's important for Paul to underscore the fact that he's a Republican. It's an albatross...nobody that 'learns' that he's a Republican from an ad is going to be able to objectively compare his legitimate claim on the party name from the NeoCons that have hijacked it.

Personally i think it's meaningless.

Oh, back on topic. I think frankdogg's ads are awesome, but feel that most of the ones that are there now are probably just shy of SuperBowl audience. Not in quality, just in message. Despite the fact that i can't believe how consistently caustic he is, i agree with Cyclone's sentiment. Something that focues on what Paul uniquely claims is better than statements that all candidates could claim. People aren't going to get up from their couch to google Ron Paul at this time, so it has to be something that lights a little flame in the imagination.

Also, DVRs are extremely common and are going to be in full force. Flashing something intriguing that folks could rewind and investigate would be interesting and might get a little bang for the buck.

faisal
01-26-2008, 04:14 PM
I don't want to complain and I don't want you to take my response as an insult, but please here me out:

Although I absolutely love frankdogg's commercials, I think that the message saying "imagine if there were no war in Iraq" is totally inappropriate. Imagine if you were a Conservative Republican that is pro-war. Since that is the audience we are targeting, especially since voter registration is over, we must understand that when we say that Dr. Paul is against Iraq, we will be RUINING the campaign's effort. They are trying to get out the Conservative side of Ron Paul in these states, and if we continue with this ad, we will be turning away people.

Good work getting the copyright permissions though! You guys are brilliant, but please keep my advice in the front of your mind. The millions of dollars that we've given the campaign will be made useless when Republican voters find out that Dr. paul is against the war. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS MISTAKE.

jcims
01-26-2008, 04:25 PM
The millions of dollars that we've given the campaign will be made useless when Republican voters find out that Dr. paul is against the war. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS MISTAKE.

Maybe it should say why he's against the war. Dr. Paul's position on the war isn't exactly back burner material, they will find out very quickly where he stands. Most republicans don't like borrowing from China either, maybe there's a quick way to incorporate that into the message on Iraq

One thought, isn't he the only candidate that's both a veteran and against the war?

scandinaviany3
01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
I want the other Frankdogg ad.

After reading a lot of posts..maybe a good idea to show the second ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8mMTa79Uzc&feature=user

Unless AdamT can finish the 1st 30 seconds of his 3d ad and turn it into a sequel in time for the super bowl.