PDA

View Full Version : My husband just donated to the campaign!!!

Drea
01-26-2008, 02:30 PM
I am sooo excited!

He also ordered some signs for our house and my parents house.

This is a very big thing for me! and I couldn't be happier!

It came about because we just received mail re: our nearest polling location and I said "Hey, don't throw that out! I need that."

He then asked about signs for our house! and the ball went rolling from there!

He had one question. The polling place is right across the street from our house --aren't there rules about signs on Super Tues. near a polling location?

Can anyone tell me for Illinois?

Drea

jake
01-26-2008, 02:33 PM
I would think you would be fine on your own private property!!

LukeNM
01-26-2008, 02:37 PM
That is great -- tell him "Welcome to the Revolution" from all of us!

BreakYourChains
01-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Good news! There are official campaign offices in Illinois. Perhaps a trip to the nearest office would be in order to pick up the signs and more.... I do know that when you order them, there seems to be a delay on delivering, so I would say, go for the drive if you can, and get the signs up asap!

szczebrzeszyn
01-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Why it's so big thing? He supported somebody else or just wasn't interested in politics at all?

NoPants
01-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Great surprise!

Drea
01-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Why it's so big thing? He supported somebody else or just wasn't interested in politics at all?

He wasn't interested.... he was a sheeple.... he had voted for Clinton in the past... take your pick

In one of my very first posts I talked about him (it is a sad thing when your spouse doesn't "get it" and you are married to him/her).

Anyway, he stood over my shoulder one time while I was watching a RP youtube vid and his first response was "That man is going to get himself killed".

RP is indeed brave.

Drea

szczebrzeszyn
01-26-2008, 02:49 PM
He wasn't interested.... he was a sheeple.... he had voted for Clinton in the past... take your pick

In one of my very first posts I talked about him (it is a sad thing when your spouse doesn't "get it" and you are married to him/her).

Oh, I see... Politics is a strange area - couples supporting totally different candidates and ideas... But maybe it's just strange for me, because I'm a single :D
Anyway, good to hear your husband has finally changed his mind!
There is no turning back now.