PDA

View Full Version : TEXT MESSAGE Ron Paul Donations for Power Hour

IowaGarrett
01-26-2008, 01:13 PM
I am looking at the possibility of being able to accept donations towards the Ron Paul Power Hour (date TBA) via TEXT messaging! This is one alternative I am considering in relation to concerns that the RP donations site may crash in response to a one hour mass donations event.

This event will be held during a live debate, and I am working on getting word to RP or his people via text message after the one hour event is over-- while the debate is in full force.

Let me know what you are thinking.

Thumper
01-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Not sure if that would work because there is no way to certify that a donor is eligible to donate to the campaign via the text message donation process... does that make sense?

IowaGarrett
01-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Hmmmmm... that is something I would have to ask about. But, we make donations to the site via credit card right? And that serves as our ID. The text message phone number record maybe that is the system of identification. Ill have to check on it.

IowaGarrett
01-26-2008, 01:40 PM
If all else fails, I have contacted HQ and they did assure me that they have updated the servers to the extent that they do not foresee any complications. This alternative was one of convenience mostly, and then secondly to ease the minds of those concerned. I may not use it at all, I just wanted to get some feedback.