PDA

View Full Version : "You can’t ever take Ron Paul for granted" - Shane Sklar

StateofTrance
01-26-2008, 01:04 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics/story/460248.html

Democrat Shane Sklar, a rancher who lost to Paul in 2006, said the congressman’s supporters either didn’t believe or didn’t care that his votes had made him an ineffective gadfly.

“The attitude was, ‘He may be a little off the wall, but he’s our off-the-wall guy,’ ” Sklar said. President Ron Paul? Sklar will not rule it out.

“I think people underestimate his political skills all the time,” Sklar said. “You can’t ever take Ron Paul for granted.”

goldstandard
01-26-2008, 01:07 PM
“I think people underestimate his political skills all the time,” Sklar said.

Look where Rudy is now...

StateofTrance
01-26-2008, 04:41 PM
^^

Marc3579
01-26-2008, 04:45 PM
He's a veteran of of being the underdog. He knows how to run a campaign. He'll surprise a lot of people, I think. :)

wgadget
01-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Music to my soul...Thanks for that!

Mystile
01-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Remember, remember, the way Paul won his 1996 campaign against all odds.

wgadget
01-26-2008, 04:48 PM
He's a veteran of of being the underdog. He knows how to run a campaign. He'll surprise a lot of people, I think. :)

And just think of the massive Ron Paul conversions when people see that he CAN win! :)

Marc3579
01-26-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm trying to sway people that way, I'm working on a friend on IRC in Alaska, he had to take off last-night. But, I'll get him our way. I think, I've swayed my two friends in Pa also.

StateofTrance
01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Some pissed off people here : http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=180x38788#38789

haha Ron won regardless..

Man I wish I could vote against some A-hole republican. Unfortunately I'm in Ron Paul's district and he pisses off the Republicans more than many Democrats.
* He voted against the Iraq War
* voted against both Patriot Acts
* He's a fiscal conservative. Which I like.
* He doesn't do what the Republican Party tells him to.
My biggest problem is he's a bit of social conservative.

People get surprised when they see a REAL Republican...haha

StateofTrance
01-26-2008, 05:21 PM
You guys need to read all this stuff :

http://blogs.chron.com/kuffsworld/2006/05/interesting_poll_in_cd14.html

There are things about Ron Paul that I like. Just the other day I got an email from a Democratic mailing list that praised Paul for his continued opposition to the Iraq war. There are issues on which my position will be closer to Paul's than it will to Sklar's, and in this increasingly polarized partisan atmosphere, that's highly unusual. Paul's not stamped from a mold, and he's not a yes-man, and I value those things. If we had a better Congress in place, I'd be content enough to leave him be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely in favor of a democratic congress, however Ron Paul is a bit of a folk hero, especially when it comes to issues regarding mismanagement of the US dollar. His February speech about hegenomy, and its history throughout civilization is truly a clear-thinking work of art. As much as I'd love to see one less "R" in congress, I'd be more interested in sending my money to defeat the real "Bad Guys" in Pennsylvania, and NJ.

Posted by: NJ voter at May 5, 2006 10:30 AM

Paul will crush this "liberal" in hiding.

Every two years, I read about the next great Demo. who will beat Paul. Doesn't happen.

When Paul retires, this district might competitive; however, not now.

Keep dreaming liberals!

Ron Paul has wide bi-partisan support. Shane Sklar doesn't even have the backing of the issue-oriented groups within his own party. Shane Sklar's organization has gone after Democratic groups, such as the Patrick Henry Democratic Club of America, who support Paul's positions on liberty and peace, in an effort to silence them. They haven't had any luck in getting Paul's Democratic supporters to back down. Ron Paul has a 78% from the peace majority, and millions of Americans from a variety of parties have pledged to vote for high scorers on this list.

Many Democrats feel that Ron Paul is critical to bringing an end to the war in Iraq and in keeping America out of other foreign wars.

He fully supports American workers on trade issues, and he has the support of civil liberties groups on issues of freedom. Ron Paul's Voter Freedom Act would give the voters significantly more rights.

The old-style Republicans who believe in freedom are strongly in Ron Paul's camp. He is one of the two individuals in Congress fighting hardest to stop the government from spying on regular Americans. Without his voice, there would be significantly less warning about attacks on our freedoms and liberties.

He also supports reading legislation before voting on it. Regardless of which party controls Congress, this is a good idea.

Above, there was a comment about funding. He has worked to get funds for his district. However, he does not support funding that goes to contractors. The hurricane funding bill did not help the residents. It helped the contractors, most of whom are outside his district.

StateofTrance
01-26-2008, 05:22 PM
All this stuff should fire-up some of your lazy asses.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Isnt he that young guy thats already got a corruption record that would make Ted Kennedy proud?

StateofTrance
01-26-2008, 05:37 PM
No doubt CA loves Ron Paul :

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=141x22676

This is some funny shit. Democrats rooting for Ron Paul and going against their own Democratic candidate.

FSP-Rebel
01-26-2008, 06:01 PM
It's interesting how most Paul supporters don't know about his battles with the establishment in the past to retain his congressional seat. As smart as Dr. Paul is on the issues, wouldn't one think that he knows the kind of people he's going up against and that he's prepared for them. He's only been in Congress for 20 years...

StateofTrance
01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
^^ +1

StateofTrance
01-30-2008, 02:35 AM
When it comes to 1 vs 1 - Ron Paul is the winner. Stay tight.