PDA

View Full Version : >>>>WND POLL: PAUL for GOLD STANDARD<<<<

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Wold Net Daily poll asks "Should we return to the gold standard?"

One of the options is "Yes, and tha's why we need to elect Ron Paul"

Please vote in this poll. Worldnet daily had a HUGE viewer base and it is a great way to steer votes from Huck. Many viewers are from the Christian Right.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/polls/

goldstandard
01-26-2008, 12:39 PM
"Should we return to the gold standard?"

Yes, of course.

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 12:42 PM
lol. Goldstandard thinks we should return to the Gold standard! Who would have guessed?

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 12:49 PM
keep this thread going.

Joe3113
01-26-2008, 12:53 PM
I think you need to buy your gold back before going back on the gold standard. It all got sold to Europe.

ihsv
01-26-2008, 12:55 PM
You might want to break up the link

JimInNY
01-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Should we? Ron Paul says we should. While I believe most of what he says, at his word, this one I am too ignorant about to cast a vote.

I have heard arguments for and against. Someone convince me, please. ;)

JimInNY
01-26-2008, 01:00 PM

Curious, why should we break up links? Is it to keep server logs from knowing where the traffic is coming from?

Another way to do it and make it easier for people to copy and paste is to use the HTML Wrap tags shown as < > on the post form.

Just highlight the link text on the post form and then click on < > and get this:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/polls/

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Didn't want any potential spam, but I went ahead and signed up my gmail account and voted. I think its important for WND to have a better idea how many of us are out here.

mmink15
01-26-2008, 01:03 PM

true for polls

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Should we? Ron Paul says we should. While I believe most of what he says, at his word, this one I am too ignorant about to cast a vote.

Thechnically, RP's platform plank is "competing currencies"-ending the federal Reserve's monopoly on issuing money.

This is an opportununity to persuade Joseph Farah, the Editor there to endorse Ron Paul. He is wavering between Huck and Doc P. He has already ruled out all other candidates.

zakkubin
01-26-2008, 01:16 PM
woa guys wait.

Paul wants to allow gold as a competing currency. Saying anything further than that at this moment turns most people off.

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 01:20 PM
"Ye shall not crucify mankind upon a cross of gold," William Jennings Bryan

I believe we should have a silver standard, which is also Constitutional.

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Thechnically, RP's platform plank is "competing currencies"-ending the federal Reserve's monopoly on issuing money.

This is an opportununity to persuade Joseph Farah, the Editor there to endorse Ron Paul. He is wavering between Huck and Doc P. He has already ruled out all other candidates.

That's how we played freemarketopoly. Competing currencies with both a bank and an investment fund. It was a lot of fun :D

Competing monopoly currency. End the Money Monopoly!
http://www.freemarketopoly.com/prototypes/50bucks_prototype.jpg

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 01:22 PM
I started a new thread with a broken link.

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 01:37 PM
"Ye shall not crucify mankind upon a cross of gold," William Jennings Bryan

I believe we should have a silver standard, which is also Constitutional.

The plank is "competing currencies." any privately issued scrip backed by a commodity would be legal. Any commodity. May or may not be an intermediary step to a return to the gold standard.

If a new currency standard emerges, it should be the market that determines it, not the government.

Just vote for RP in the poll, please.

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 01:44 PM
woa guys wait.

Paul wants to allow gold as a competing currency. Saying anything further than that at this moment turns most people off.

If you have ever been to World Net Daily, it is full of gold bugs. It's mostly a conservative Christian site, but they HATE the Fedral reserve and love the idea of sound money.

This is a way to get the people who are leaning Huckabee to see how much they have in common with US.

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 01:54 PM
I think you need to buy your gold back before going back on the gold standard. It all got sold to Europe.

The poll doesn't ask when we should return to a gold standard. It doesn't ask it the standard is market standard (like MS Windows) or a government mandated standard (like federal reserve fiat currency).

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 01:57 PM
The plank is "competing currencies." any privately issued scrip backed by a commodity would be legal. Any commodity. May or may not be an intermediary step to a return to the gold standard.

If a new currency standard emerges, it should be the market that determines it, not the government.

Just vote for RP in the poll, please.

Vote for Ron Paul, and then send a letter to WorldNetDaily thanking them for the Ron Paul poll, and correcting them on the position.

Ask them to print a story correcting the error!!!!!!
:D

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 01:58 PM
bump (fyi this poll requires registration, so not so true)

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 02:04 PM

I tried posting a second thread with a broken link, but it didn't work. Is there a way to edit the original thread post?

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 03:50 PM

The poll isn't quite accurate. RP believes the gold standard was preferable to the currenct system of paper money backed by nothing, but that's not saying much. Just about any other system would be better than the one we've got.

What Doc P. is proposing is allowing a willing buyer and seller to use any medium of exchange they both agree to. Market standards would emerge, but not be mandated by government. Real competition or even the threat of competition would be a powerful incentive for the issuers (whether government or private) to not devalue the currency.

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Bump - 400 votes to go. Come on, lets dominate this poll

haigh
01-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Ron Paul applauds the integrity of a monetary unit backed by gold but as for a specific proposal his is competing currencies. See this proposal of his presented less than two months ago:

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2007/cr121307h.htm

Phenom24
01-26-2008, 04:58 PM
voted

steve254
01-26-2008, 05:02 PM
bump

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
can someone post this over at DailyPaul.com, please?

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Ron Paul applauds the integrity of a monetary unit backed by gold but as for a specific proposal his is competing currencies. See this proposal of his presented less than two months ago:

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2007/cr121307h.htm

Don't forget to write WND, and tell them that, and that ought to do a story to correct it :D

jake
01-26-2008, 05:33 PM
legalize competing currencies !

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Two columnists at WND have officially endorsed Dr. P: Ilana Mercer (Return to Reason) and Vox Day (Vox Populi). Editor in Chief Joseph Farah has narrowed his possible endorsement to either Huck or Doc. Paul. A win in this poll could put him on our side.

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Guys, the gap is widening the other way. I think freerepublic or someone must have found out about the poll, and is voting against us. We got to win this!

billyjoeallen
01-26-2008, 05:51 PM
vote for Paul.