PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Florida Storm Will you pledge or allow the rEVOLtion to end?

newmedia4ron
01-26-2008, 12:33 PM
From Worldwide Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Message Board (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/boards/view/viewthread?thread=4118097)
Edited by Jeffrey (http://www.meetup.com/members/5768659/) on Jan 25, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Let us mobilize now! I will personally take on 4 precincts in Florida myself by signing up and calling every single registered Republican, and I live in New Jersey. More precincts if need be.

I will follow the instructions of the precinct captain program, at first. What I mean when I say that is if someone is already "decided" who they plan on voting for I will move on but rather than just not calling them back I will pass that name along to a new voice, a convincer.

I will be part of the gathers/informers and I have a friend who will be a convincer. We obviously need more gathers/informers but convincers are needed too.

I know this is real short notice but this is also the time when the Floridians are actually paying attention.

If you really want to help now is the time!

In reality I know he won't win Florida but I will still fight & I am ready to prove myself wrong!

If you have a cell phone now is the time to use those weekend minutes.

Sign up as a precinct captain in Florida and sign up for 4 gmail accounts so you'll be able to get 4 different lists.

Now I ask you, will you pledge too?

I pledge to be a gather/informer and reach 500 registered Republicans.

newmedia4ron
01-26-2008, 01:01 PM
I have been canvassing two states out here, New York and New Jersey and still find time to call Florida. I also work 50 hours of the week and a loving girlfriend that complains to me "You don't give me enough attention". So obliviously sleep takes a distant forth to my priorities. I'm not looking for a pat on the back but I am looking for people to give 100%. This is what is needed for Dr. Paul's effort.

This idea may well work for the 90,000 other meetup members that have no plans on becoming precint captains.

Please people even if you took one hour out of your day to do this, it would be extremely helpful.
????

newmedia4ron
01-26-2008, 01:08 PM
^^^^^

newmedia4ron
01-26-2008, 02:34 PM
^^^^^

newmedia4ron
01-26-2008, 04:27 PM
:confused:

hopeforamerica
01-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Sorry, working hard in AZ to get my folks on the phones!!! Good news is that we have two out of state volunteers helping us. Folks, if you can make just a few phone calls, it WILL make a difference. Once of my volunteers had these results:

10% rate of either interest or voted(ing) for Paul out of the whole list (including non answered calls)
41% of active voters spoken to were either interested in or voting for Ron Paul (one actual vote, the rest interested after conversation)

He did those calls in a little over an hour!! He is now working on the next 350 I gave him. If everyone did this, we could win!

Help Florida!!!

newmedia4ron
01-26-2008, 10:58 PM
we need to help florida. I have a busy sunday so if anybody is stuck near a phone you CAN make a difference.

Malakai0
01-26-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm in florida. I talk up Ron and our principles and point out the bs our govt is doing daily.

I don't know a single person aside from my uncles family (neocons) and other Ron Paul people that are even voting or much less care.

Everybody everywhere talks about Hillary all day. It's creepy. My mom goes to the mall shopping with my sis and says (after being informed by me of the candidiates situation) "my god everyones talking about clinton, i had to leave it was creeping me out". My mom usually loves passing hours talking about nothing with people, this was extremely unusual.

So yeah as long as all the supporters go out and vote and got all their registrations done, we can work some magic. But they cheated at our straw poll (st pete) right in front of everyone including the news so I'm not terribly confident the votes will even matter. The guys in the Pinellas RNC certainly didn't seem like they cared a bit during of after. I have hope though... enough to go out and drag every ones of my friends who I got to register out too at least... all before work at 2pm =).

Honestly it's pretty much 100% that Hillary is going to be president if we don't get Ron across the table from her arguing policies that, ya know, make sense. So many people worship bill clinton "oh he balanced the budgets and we did so great under him". They just don't know any better unfortunately. You can convert people if you slowly and rationally work on them over a period of time. Getting them to register and vote in a primary is another story all together, I had pretty moderate success there.

newmedia4ron
01-27-2008, 01:25 PM
^^^^^^^^^

jake
01-27-2008, 01:29 PM
come on people.. don't sit idly by and watch another state fall to evil

newmedia4ron
01-27-2008, 08:14 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

newmedia4ron
01-27-2008, 08:35 PM
see first post

newmedia4ron
01-28-2008, 01:03 PM
see first post

what he said

frasu
01-28-2008, 01:10 PM
bump... but I seriously think that will be better to fight right now on the febr 5th states, including this giuliani lands NJ and NY. NJ, where I canvas, feels like it needs a lot of help if we want to make a dent in the primary.. Florida is winner take all and we have better chances getting delegates in the febr 5th states...

my opinion of course

RonRules
01-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Florida is URGENT. We won't win it of course, but a 2% showing like it's predicted in the poll will kick Ron Paul out of the debates. It is imperative we get at least 5% in Florida.

Pass around Ron Paul DVD's to older Republican voters. Forget trying to convince anybody else.

RonRules
01-28-2008, 01:30 PM
bump... but I seriously think that will be better to fight right now on the febr 5th states, including this giuliani lands NJ and NY. NJ, where I canvas, feels like it needs a lot of help if we want to make a dent in the primary.. Florida is winner take all and we have better chances getting delegates in the febr 5th states...

my opinion of course

Giuiliani is dead. Has not paid his staff in Dec. Huck is dead.

We need to go on attack against McCain. He's a FAKE and a FLAKE.

Read this and pass it around.
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-dont-be-fooled-by-the-myth-of-john-mccain-773072.html

That paragraph alone should sway voters away from McCain towards Ron Paul:

He was sent to one of the most elite boarding schools in America, then to a naval academy where he ranked 894th out of 899 students in ability. He used nepotism to get ahead: when he was rejected by the National War College, he used his father's contacts with the Secretary of the Navy to make them reconsider. He then swiftly married the heiress to a multi-million dollar fortune.

Ron Paul had an exemplary Air Force service for 5 years.

Malakai0
01-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Florida is URGENT. We won't win it of course, but a 2% showing like it's predicted in the poll will kick Ron Paul out of the debates. It is imperative we get at least 5% in Florida.

Pass around Ron Paul DVD's to older Republican voters. Forget trying to convince anybody else.

Pretty confident we will have 5%. I expect much more than that actually. 8-10 or a bit more. Again admittedly not a lot of people in florida relatively are big paul supporters, but not a lot of people down here vote in R primaries. Most nubs are dems nowadays, peeps my age anyway.