PDA

View Full Version : New Ron Paul books coming out early this year

Eisenh0wer
01-26-2008, 12:33 PM
So I work at Barnes and Noble and was checking through my Bookmaster system for Ron Paul. I was expecting to just find "A Foreign Policy of Freedom" but was surprised to see that there are two new books coming out in April. I'm not sure if this is old news, but I haven't heard anything about it so I figured I might as well post it, just in case.

The first book is "Revolution: A Manifesto" by Ron Paul, coming out on April 30th. It will be $21.00.

The second book is "Ron Paul Speaks", coming out on April 1st. This book isn't exactly written by Paul, he wrote the introduction for it, but still, figured it might interest some of the Ron Paul supporters.

Bookmaster didn't give me any information other than title or author; no summaries, so I can't really say what they'll be about.

Another interesting tidbit... Ron Paul's "A Foreign Policy of Freedom" has a sales rank of 2,910 when I checked yesterday, which is pretty damn good when you consider just how many books are up for sale by Barnes and Noble. Anyway, sorry if this is all old news, I apologize in advance.

0zzy
01-26-2008, 12:56 PM
whaaa!

zakkubin
01-26-2008, 01:04 PM
wow thats impressive that he found time to write a book.

This will probably end up being a bible for all Ron Paul followers.

I wonder if his HQ could let us "pre-order" it off their website to make a sort of money bomb.

Eisenh0wer
01-26-2008, 01:13 PM
I think you can go to BN.com and pre-order it there. Probably won't get it until they come out, though.

AlexMerced
01-26-2008, 01:17 PM
i think Ron Paul writes his books

zakkubin
01-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Dang someone should contact HQ to ask them to allow us to pre order it from them. Just jack the price up a few dollars...

Unless of course they cannot do this because of a contract or something.

kg0
01-26-2008, 01:30 PM
They're most likely written by ghostwriters that worked with RP. Not RP himself.

Sey.Naci
01-26-2008, 01:40 PM
They're most likely written by ghostwriters that worked with RP. Not RP himself.NO. RP writes his own material.

It can take several years for a book to go from first draft to publication, and then to store shelves. With RP's writing history, however, publishers are likely to speed that up. Still, anything less than a year is really pushing the publishing cycle. I suspect, therefore, that RP finished the first draft of The Revolution book no later than early summer and that his 'first draft' was close to final quality.

The second book is likely a compendium of his speeches over the past 30 years. The author's name will be that of the editor who pulled the speeches and other material together.