PDA

View Full Version : A Lone Soldier Canvassing Today!!!

mysticgeek
01-26-2008, 11:37 AM
I am a lone soldier carrying the flag of Freedom and Prosperity for Ron Paul and his message today! I am canvassing alone in my rural MN town. First time! Wish me luck! As I wish everyone Canvasing today all the best as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DDMX
01-26-2008, 11:40 AM
God bless and good luck:)

slantedview
01-26-2008, 11:46 AM
we're with you. good luck.

shida
01-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Good for you. RP will be proud of you. :)

Physics
01-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Are you wearing your BDU's? All the soldier supporters should canvass in military atire, it should bring more people in. That is, if you won't get in trouble for doing so.

monkeymynd
01-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Good job! "Boots on the ground"...that's what we need! :)

tcindie
01-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Are you wearing your BDU's? All the soldier supporters should canvass in military atire, it should bring more people in. That is, if you won't get in trouble for doing so.

Technically speaking, I believe that's against regulations. I suppose each branch is a little different, but there are specific guidelines that dictate when each uniform can be worn. I know for the Marine Corps, at least when I was in, you couldn't wear BDU's to run around town, etc... It must be different for the Army, because I see reservists all the time in theirs.

But, since military personnel aren't allowed to actively campaign according to USC and UCMJ, doing so in uniform -- as far as I understand it -- would be a clear violation.

Personally, I'd love to run around in my dress blues and get the word out, but it's not something I can legally do. Even more so now that I'm out of the Corps... I can only wear my uniform for something like a veterans parade or wedding/funeral afaik.. (of course it doesn't fit quite as well as it used to either.. ha!)