PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Campaign Files Caucus Challenge with Louisiana GOP

skiingff
01-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Ron Paul Campaign Files Caucus Challenge with Louisiana GOP

Multiple errors in process leave caucus results unresolved

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – Yesterday, the Ron Paul presidential campaign filed a letter with the Louisiana Republican Party to contest the credentials of delegates to the state convention.

Under state party rules, campaigns have 72 hours from the end of the caucus to file such a contest. This contest was filed in response to multiple problems with the caucus process.

“The initial failure of the Louisiana GOP to properly determine who was and wasn’t eligible to vote threw this entire process into disarray,” said Ron Paul campaign manager Lew Moore. “However, voter eligibility was just one of many irregularities with the caucus process. We are filing this contest to ensure that we can challenge the results if it appears that delegates were improperly selected.”

The Louisiana State GOP changed the rules at the eleventh hour to allow other candidates to file more delegates, even though there were plenty of delegates to compose full slates in each congressional district. At the time of the original January 10 deadline, Ron Paul had the largest number of delegates pledged to him. The party then changed the rules to give other candidates until January 12 to file more delegates.

In addition, due to mistakes by the Louisiana GOP, hundreds of voters were forced to file provisional ballots, including nearly 500 that could change the outcome of the election. According to the LA GOP, caucus locations relied on a voter list from November 1, 2007 or perhaps earlier despite the fact that under the caucus rules, voters need only have registered Republican before November 30, 2007.

There were even instances at the caucuses where state-certified Ron Paul delegates appearing on the ballot were forced to file a provisional ballot despite the fact they were pre-approved as delegates.

###

Way to go!!!! On a side note, we need to start re-taking our local GOP committees.

UtahApocalypse
01-26-2008, 10:09 AM
The Louisiana State GOP changed the rules at the eleventh hour to allow other candidates to file more delegates, even though there were plenty of delegates to compose full slates in each congressional district. At the time of the original January 10 deadline, Ron Paul had the largest number of delegates pledged to him. The party then changed the rules to give other candidates until January 12 to file more delegates.

That's just blatant manipulation.

nc4rp
01-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Get em, Ron.

let us know when its time to test their phoneline/server melting point.

UK4Paul
01-26-2008, 10:13 AM
The things people will do to kill off their own party.

Johnnybags
01-26-2008, 10:16 AM
only thing missing is the carnival music. Oops we better change the dates and get more Neocon delegates, Paul is winning.

ItsTime
01-26-2008, 10:19 AM
link please?

Jim_Karr
01-26-2008, 10:23 AM
I like when the corrupt gets nailed red handed. I believe they will get caught and exposed each one of them and then you LA people can vote them out of their seats and have them replaced.

freelance
01-26-2008, 10:26 AM
link please?

www.google.com

skiingff
01-26-2008, 10:26 AM
link please?

It should be on businesswire in a bit, it was just released in an e-mail by Anthony Riedel.

goldstandard
01-26-2008, 10:27 AM

As&%0&$s! :mad:

specsaregood
01-26-2008, 10:30 AM
link please?
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/175/ron-paul-campaign-files-caucus-challenge-with-louisiana-gop

Brewskie
01-26-2008, 10:32 AM
link please?

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/175/ron-paul-campaign-files-caucus-challenge-with-louisiana-gop/

Mark37snj
01-26-2008, 10:36 AM
They want us to Digg it so Digg it. :)

goldstandard
01-26-2008, 10:36 AM
dugg

pkoury
01-26-2008, 10:42 AM
dugg

tsetsefly
01-26-2008, 10:48 AM
this is why we must change the gop at the local level...

Joe3113
01-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Doug

ecliptic
01-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Yet another victory for the rloveution:

• spotlight on election fraud

add that to a growing list of victories:

• increasing awareness of the FED / fiat currency scam
• growing the movement to restore Constitutional principles
• keeping the Iraq war in the forefront
• causing people to see through the malarkey
• changing the dynamics of American politics with an "insurgency" campaign
• the "biggest tent" in the history of American politics
•
•
•
•
•
•

DDMX
01-26-2008, 10:53 AM
dugg

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Seeing as I am not from LA but I want to help in anyway I can, what can I (and anyone else like me) do to make sure the LAGOP takes this seriously? Will the campaign let us know if we should start calling,e-mailing,writing letters or what?

RonRules
01-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Finally one good action for HQ.

Bilgefisher
01-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Any Louisiana Locals have a guess on the outcome of this?

pilby
01-26-2008, 11:01 AM
if you want to see a detailed breakdown of their "official results" check out my analysis here (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pzePjRetVs4315j3-Nsy_RQ&gid=5).

it looks like they kept and counted almost exactly one-third of all provisional ballots cast in every district and in every district, 80-85% of those were cast for RP delegates.

szczebrzeszyn
01-26-2008, 11:06 AM
No digg link?
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Campaign_Files_Caucus_Challenge_with_Loui siana_GOP

DUGG

jgmaynard
01-26-2008, 12:14 PM
So they gave every candidate except Paul two more days to get more delegates in, or was Paul allowed the two extra days as well?

JM

phixion
01-26-2008, 12:19 PM
When it was the GOP who did this, what good is filing a complaint with the GOP?

That's like being broken in to and then filing a complaint with your burglar, who will laugh and throw it in the trash.

Isn't there an authority above the GOP that are able to come down on them? I don't understand.

Pete

slantedview
01-26-2008, 12:26 PM
props to the campaign.

CountryboyRonPaul
01-26-2008, 12:26 PM
So they gave every candidate except Paul two more days to get more delegates in, or was Paul allowed the two extra days as well?

JM

Only 15 delegates were elected to each Congressional District, Ron Paul already had 15 delegates running in each District.

So, technically he COULD have gotten more delegates, but it would not have helped him to do so. However, it did benefit all the other candidates, none of which had a full slate of delegates.

RobS
01-26-2008, 12:32 PM
When it was the GOP who did this, what good is filing a complaint with the GOP?

That's like being broken in to and then filing a complaint with your burglar, who will laugh and throw it in the trash.

Isn't there an authority above the GOP that are able to come down on them? I don't understand.

Pete

I was wondering the same thing.

Runnerguy
01-26-2008, 12:58 PM
The Gop has really shown their true colors in this election screwing Ron Paul over multiple times.

Bravo. You have lost my support for good and the only reason I'm even registered under your party is to vote for Ron.

Ron Paul is the Jesus of the Gop he has come to save them. Unfortunately they have rejected him and will not rest until he is crucified.