PDA

View Full Version : We NEED to come together

GraspingForPeace
01-26-2008, 09:39 AM
This forum, is probably one of the most viewed besides dailypaul. The problem is, we have so much damn clutter and random talk. We need to come together and work towards our goal, there are too many subforums, and the viewers are strewn about them. We need to concentrate more people into one subforum to relay information.

Some suggestions:

The problem I see is that right now, HQ is very incompetent. We need to take action in promoting Ron Paul not only to the media, but also to a variety of sites. We should make a committee to do just this. We have done something like this with moneybombs, but we should have it for just daily activites also. Promoting Ron Paul on the internet, and spreading information about donating must be done for this to work.

The internet should not be our only goal, we need some way of getting meetups together, helping with canvassing, etc.

So my solution: either sticky a thread with a purpose so that the thread does not just get bombed to hell by all the other pointless threads, and also to make a website bringing us all together.

Joe3113
01-26-2008, 09:42 AM
I know what you mean. We need a war plan so we are no overlapping and stepping on each others toes.

FreeTraveler
01-26-2008, 10:11 AM
The only way people are "coming together" here lately is in a massive circle-jerk.

QUIT telling HQ how to do their job. QUIT telling people who's projects you don't agree with that they suck, their idea sucks, and it's stupid for people to donate money. QUIT wasting your time posting about billionaires, conspiracy theories (PRO OR CON), other candidates (unless you have serious and exclusive dirt that could do real damage), or how unfair that nasty old MSM is to poor Dr. Paul.

QUIT coming up with senseless ideas for yet another damn money bomb! Dr. Paul needs money NOW! I personally like the idea of the Anniversary bomb, and I'll participate in that, but we don't need a new moneybomb every other day!!!

QUIT organizing massive email bombs to unsuspecting, although incompetent civil servants. Let those directly involved in those problems handle the issue without making the movement look like a bunch of idiots by spamming people with what often has proven to be erroneous information.

SUPPORT HQ and the Grassroots projects that YOU like. Propose your own ideas, then do the research it takes to solidify the plan, start a chip-in, and get it done. Don't wait for others to take your idea and make it gold.

Turn off your PC, grab a stack of slimjims, and GO CANVAS! Sign up as a Precinct Captain!!!

In short, concentrate on the things that YOU can REALLY do, as a grassroots volunteer, and QUIT trying to back-seat-drive this campaign by telling everybody else how to do their jobs!

Aren't we ALL here because we think WE are best able to handle our OWN lives? That's Dr. Paul's MESSAGE, and CONTROL FREAKS should be ashamed of themselves.

GraspingForPeace
01-26-2008, 10:21 AM
The only way people are "coming together" here lately is in a massive circle-jerk.

QUIT telling HQ how to do their job. QUIT telling people who's projects you don't agree with that they suck, their idea sucks, and it's stupid for people to donate money. QUIT wasting your time posting about billionaires, conspiracy theories (PRO OR CON), other candidates (unless you have serious and exclusive dirt that could do real damage), or how unfair that nasty old MSM is to poor Dr. Paul.

QUIT coming up with senseless ideas for yet another damn money bomb! Dr. Paul needs money NOW! I personally like the idea of the Anniversary bomb, and I'll participate in that, but we don't need a new moneybomb every other day!!!

QUIT organizing massive email bombs to unsuspecting, although incompetent civil servants. Let those directly involved in those problems handle the issue without making the movement look like a bunch of idiots by spamming people with what often has proven to be erroneous information.

SUPPORT HQ and the Grassroots projects that YOU like. Propose your own ideas, then do the research it takes to solidify the plan, start a chip-in, and get it done. Don't wait for others to take your idea and make it gold.

Turn off your PC, grab a stack of slimjims, and GO CANVAS! Sign up as a Precinct Captain!!!

In short, concentrate on the things that YOU can REALLY do, as a grassroots volunteer, and QUIT trying to back-seat-drive this campaign by telling everybody else how to do their jobs!

Aren't we ALL here because we think WE are best able to handle our OWN lives? That's Dr. Paul's MESSAGE, and CONTROL FREAKS should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree with you 100 percent. We need to stop telling HQ to do, becuase frankly, we have to put some faith into them, and it is not like we are doing anything complaining about it. The moneybombs are becoming ridiculous. We should have had a vote on which day to do it, but now we have like 3 different moneybombs at once in february. We cannot do that. This is why I am proposing a new central hub, instead of just having a wasteland of threads about moneybombs and random crap. We are the heart and soul of this campaign. It is time we take some sort of action.