PDA

View Full Version : Romney and Huckabee Biggest Gainers WIith Absence of Fred Thompson

Bradley in DC
01-26-2008, 09:13 AM
http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/romney-huckabee-biggest-gainers-fred-thompsons-dropping-out-georgia-nbc-012508003.html

Romney and Huckabee Biggest Gainers WIith Absence of Fred Thompson, Huckabee Leading Georgia
1/25/08

Republican Candidate NBC GA
Pollster NBC Rass
Date 1/20-22 1/22
John McCain 28% 19%
Mitt Romney 17% 16%
Mike Huckabee 20% 34%
Rudy Giuliani 13% 11%
Ron Paul 4% 12%
Fred Thompson 9% -
Other(vol.) 9% 8%
Details Link Link
Sources Link Link
Fred Thompson achieved 9% of the vote in the latest NBC national poll. Huckabee and Romney received two-thirds of that support while moderate candidates such as McCain and Giuliani received one-thirds. So we are provided even more data to suggest that Mitt Romney's rise in the Florida polls are correlated with Fred Thompson dropping out.

According to the Republican national poll by NBC News/Wall Street Journal Poll:

Fred Thompson voters (9%) when shifting to their second choice would do so as follows: McCain +1, Huckabee +3, Romney +3, Giuliani +2.

According to the Republican Georgia poll by Rasmussen Reports:

Huckabee is viewed favorably by 70% of Likely Republican Primary Voters, McCain by 63%, Giuliani by 63%, Romney by 62%, and Paul by 25%

McCain is seen as the most electable Republican—70% believe he would be at least somewhat likely to win the White House if nominated. Fifty-nine percent (59%) believe Huckabee would have a chance to win while 55% say the same about both Giuliani and Romney. Just 12% believe Paul would have a chance to win the election if nominated.

werdd
01-26-2008, 10:01 AM
rons lookin pretty good at 12%

RonRules
01-26-2008, 10:07 AM
We should have gotten MOST of Fred's supporters. It ain't working folks.

Concentrate on OLD voters. Drop the RevolUTION stuff.

Jim_Karr
01-26-2008, 10:11 AM
We should have gotten MOST of Fred's supporters. It ain't working folks.

Concentrate on OLD voters. Drop the RevolUTION stuff.

I am here. It is working,trust me.Don't believe everything you read.

Bradley in DC
01-26-2008, 10:22 AM
I am here. It is working,trust me.

Please fill us in--what is working in Georgia that we need to copy?!

specsaregood
01-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Maybe among the general public, but not amongst those people that actively participate in politics, and activism.
The freerepublic site is an example: For months they have derided Paul. Now that Thompson is out, a LOT of them are overlooking the foreign policy differences and coming to Paul as their LAST resort against RINOs. In fact some of the threads over there have been overwhelmingly positive since Thompson dropped out.

Also Hunter dropping out has had the same effect. The previous-hunter-supporters are turning to Dr. Paul and some to Romney. But more to Paul.

Both instances are of active/politically aware people, not the general public. Hopefully those people do what we have done and influence their friends, neighbors and co-workers.

IHaveaDream
01-26-2008, 10:29 AM
It's the lack of media exposure. He needs a lot more press coverage so people can get to know him and listen to his message. That obviously isn't happening and we're losing a lot of votes that we would otherwise be getting.

Unfortunately, most people are still asking "Who's Ron Paul?"

Jim_Karr
01-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Please fill us in--what is working in Georgia that we need to copy?!

Where did you get I was from Georgia?

Bradley in DC
01-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Where did you get I was from Georgia?

You were commenting on the Georgia poll.

I am here. It is working,trust me.Don't believe everything you read.

Truth Warrior
01-26-2008, 10:40 AM
It doesn't come as any REAL surprise to me. :(

RonRules
01-26-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm expecting a Romney/Huckabee ticket. Some people think I'm nuts. I don't care, just wait.

That match will neutralize the opposing religious views. They each have around 20%. That will give them a 40% total and the Guiliani and McCain people won't have a choice but to join in.

85% of Americans are religious.

Ron Paul needs to announce Barry Goldwater as VP like NOW.