PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy...had a thought about a public figure sponsor RP

BLS
08-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Ted Nugent :D

He's very conservative and a libertarian, especially on 2nd Amendment rights.
Although he's very anti drugs, he's all about personal freedoms.

To request him to speak:

http://www.allamericanspeakers.com/infopages/requestspeakerinfo.php?SpName=Ted-Nugent

http://www.tednugent.com/hunting/tedquarters/

DeadheadForPaul
08-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Most people think Nugent is a nutcase

BLS
08-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Most people think Nugent is a nutcase

Most people think Ron Paul is a nutcase. Point?

I just read his BIO. He raised over $3,000,000 for PBS inside a year.

Original_Intent
08-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Are you guys having a post count contest? :D (BLS 655, Deadhead 656 at time of this post)

I think Nugent would be a good endorsement if we can get it.

johnrocks
08-02-2007, 03:21 PM
I love Ted Nugent and most of his politics but I saw him on Hannity and Combes a few weeks ago and he is gunho for the war so me thinks he will support s/o else because of that.

McDermit
08-02-2007, 03:42 PM
I totally love that Barry Manilow is a supporter. He donated 2300 just a couple days ago!

I was hoping to go to his concert and sit in the front row with an RP tshirt on and a sign urging him to talk about RP when he came to Philly in September, but he's playing the same day as the Notre Dame Penn State game, and I bought my tickets for that months ago.

Maybe someone else can give him a nudge though. ;)

Bruehound
08-02-2007, 04:54 PM
I respect the Nuge for his very outstpoken style of activism on a whole host of issues BUT as a previous poster stated he has bought into the Neocon warfare state. It is a shame.

BLS
08-02-2007, 05:14 PM
I totally love that Barry Manilow is a supporter. He donated 2300 just a couple days ago!

I was hoping to go to his concert and sit in the front row with an RP tshirt on and a sign urging him to talk about RP when he came to Philly in September, but he's playing the same day as the Notre Dame Penn State game, and I bought my tickets for that months ago.

Maybe someone else can give him a nudge though. ;)

You watch college football AND have tickets to Barry Manilow???

Yer a deeversss feller. :D

Mister Grieves
08-02-2007, 05:17 PM

Manilow donated to the top 3 Democrats as well, I think it was an anti-war thing more than a Pro Paul thing, but the money will go farther in Paul's campaign.

McDermit
08-02-2007, 06:04 PM
You watch college football AND have tickets to Barry Manilow???

Yer a deeversss feller. :D

haha.. yeah, i'm an odd ball. :D

McDermit
08-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Manilow donated to the top 3 Democrats as well, I think it was an anti-war thing more than a Pro Paul thing, but the money will go farther in Paul's campaign.

I saw that he'd donated to Obama, but didn't look at anyone else. In any event, the RP donation was the most recent.. and even if he's supporting multiple candidates, it can't hurt to have him support RP!

Syren123
08-03-2007, 01:34 AM
"Big Daddy" Don Garlits also contributed to Dr Paul in Q2. Way better than Barry Manilow.

Kuldebar
08-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Isn't Nugent a big pro "kick ass in Iraq" guy?

I like the fact that he's a big 2nd supporter but I thought he was firmly in the Neo-Con camp as far GWoT goes.

Guess, I'll have to research.

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 02:05 AM
How about Mr. T?