PDA

View Full Version : Donation Tracking of Meetup Group Numbers

BigRedBrent
01-26-2008, 04:23 AM
I based this idea on this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=101030

To make this idea a reality we will need the tools to make it happen.

I don't know why this has not already been done on the official campaign donation page.

If they would ask at the time of donation if you have a meetup group number if any, then people would be able to keep track of donations per meetup group.

This would promote competition and influence others to donate more then they normally would.

They would be able to give out official donation page links that are tagged with a meetup group number. This would take you to the official donation page and automatically fill in the meetup group number on the page. It would work like the links they use that fill in the email address of the referrer to join as a precinct leader.

This would allow meetup groups to email people with the donation links for what ever meetup group they are trying to track donations for.

This should be able to keep track for the meetup group of how many individuals donated for the meetup group, how much has been raised total for the meetup group, the average donation amount for each donation, as well as the total average amount each individual has donated. It would not need to list individuals names since that would get into a lot of complications, and all that is really needed is the total amount anyway.

You should be able to search through meetup groups by meetup group location and/or by meetup group name or number.
This would also help others in the same meetup group to see how much that meetup group is donating and compare to other meetup groups and so on.

I think this information would be very useful to many people.

But basically we do need more innovation. The precinct leader ability is a big step in the right direction.

We need to bring campaigning for freedom into the modern age.

dblee
01-26-2008, 05:19 AM
easy. write a program to parse the text from your donation confirmation email. have the person reporting their donation cut and paste it into a text field. then they pull down a drop down menu and choose their meetup group# and hit 'submit'

pauliticalpress
01-26-2008, 05:39 AM
We already have a programmer who knows how this is done and has all the code done...we are now working to interface this code with a website that will link us up with meetup groups and the official campaign.

now its just a matter of testing it and tweaking the bugs out.

Hang tight we are almost there!

If you can wright code at a high level or have other helpful internet experience we would love to include you in a conference call we are putting together this weekend.

James@pauliticalpress.com

BigRedBrent
01-26-2008, 05:55 AM
I don't have the programming skills necessary to help with anything.

I do however think that this would be better served if it is directly integrated into the official sight without anyone being required to use a third party sight to see the statistics.

I am sure it could be done another way, but all I am saying is that it would be in the campaign's best interest to have this directly tied into the official donation sight. The campaign itself would then be the best source to begin the promotion of it.

Sure they could allow others access to the information for other third party sights but the information should still be maintained by the official campaign sight.

This information would be very easy for them to collect and store and not very difficult to allow access to. This would promote meetup.com as well as increase the chance of donation competition and promotion.

pauliticalpress
01-26-2008, 08:27 AM
we will be offering the campaign the option of facilitating this on their page!!

I am not sure why you think we would not! that being said, have you ever tried to work with the RP campaign directly? its not like you pick up the phone and give the old Ron Paul campaign a ring and start getting stuff done, they are busy out of their minds and can't even return most peoples calls..I have people in my meetup group working with them on the vote fraud issue and let me tell you its a big mess over there.

The success of this movement is the people on line making it happen!

we must build it before anyone will give it any attention!

I know what I am doing and I will get it done

~cheers

BigRedBrent
01-26-2008, 11:33 AM
we will be offering the campaign the option of facilitating this on their page!!

I am not sure why you think we would not! that being said, have you ever tried to work with the RP campaign directly? its not like you pick up the phone and give the old Ron Paul campaign a ring and start getting stuff done, they are busy out of their minds and can't even return most peoples calls..I have people in my meetup group working with them on the vote fraud issue and let me tell you its a big mess over there.

The success of this movement is the people on line making it happen!

we must build it before anyone will give it any attention!

I know what I am doing and I will get it done

~cheers

Well something is better then nothing, as always. I am not saying I don't like what you are trying to do. In fact I encourage what you are doing. I was just trying to show what would be preferable if it could be done. The best way to encourage wide spread use I guess is what I was getting at. I hope it will get to that very soon.

The developer of the precinct leader program is on the forums. I wonder if he would know if something could be coordinated.

pauliticalpress
01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
yes thats a great idea! maybe you could contact him and tell him what we are doing!

Thank you..:)

BigRedBrent
01-27-2008, 04:44 AM
Well I left a post in his thread he left:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=100595

Not sure if he will respond to it though.
I may also try sending a message to him directly:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=1706

I am sure he is busy with his project. But I guess you never know until you ask.