PDA

View Full Version : ******* Vote for new sub-forums! *******

Bryan
01-26-2008, 03:58 AM
Everyone should have noticed the new "Other Candidates" sub-forum- please use it if you must post about other candidates.

On the poll, please vote for all sub-forums you think are a good idea. These proposals are based on user requests, an explanation for some is below. Feel free to make suggestions, ask questions, etc- this thread is all about sub-forums. :)

Ron Paul Chat

Should be used for Ron Paul related topics that have no real bearing on the campaign to reduce traffic load on Grassroots Central.

Vote Integrity

For poll working and other issues to assure vote integrity.

Grassroots Campaign > Outreach

This would look like the "Grassroots Projects" section that lists all the projects but instead it would be "Grassroots Outreach" that lists different groups that we'd like to reach out to, currently we have the Christian sub-forum, we may have a Military/Vet one, we could add ones for Home schooling, Small Business Owners, Gun Owners, etc

Official Campaign Communication

I think it's time we cut through all the rumors, etc and get communication directly from HQ. Today's debacle with the phone banks is a prime example.

I'm not sure if this is technically possible, but if we could somehow lock down a subforum for this purpose it would be great. So many rumors get passed around that it seems like we are chasing our tail sometimes.

The least we can do is open the door for them. Once it's setup, let HQ know and if they choose to use it then fine. I would suggest limiting access to only employees of the campaign. No Meetup organizers, etc. Organizers should let the campaign know to send us a message. IMO that's the best way to filter out the good/bad information as well as keep moles out.

Points That Converted

Could we have a forum for posts with talking points that have worked for converting people to RP?

I know there's a "Discussion Points" forum - but that is full of ideas - not specific things that have worked.

So many posts come and go of how someone converted someone. It'd be really valuable to have a place to collect all the things that have worked.

There is some agreement already in a thread I just posted the idea in:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=936186

Digg submissions

Points that support the creation of such:

1. Pro-rp digg submissions will be a click away for the bulk of forum users who normally stay in Grassroots Central and are diggers.

2. Digg threads will no longer be placed and bumped in the main Grassroots central, crowding out other grassroots talk.

3. Getting Digg articles to the front page can be considered grassroots because Digg is now a major news site that gets 12 million hits a day. And it is monitored by CBS for poplular news.

4. This is great for those of us RP supporters that live abroad.

5. Such a forum could be made members only to make it to where it couldn't be monitored from the outside.

Royksopp
01-26-2008, 04:39 AM
Disagree with the Digg one. Videos/News will get more Diggs if they are part of the forum most people go on.

agaiziunas
01-26-2008, 04:48 AM
If there is a Digg sub-forum, should post a sticky about breaking links. I had no idea there was a "taboo" on posting Digg (hyperlink) articles in forums until my first post of one tonight, this is even built into the digg algorithm for popularity ranking.

Educated means effective :-)

Royksopp
01-26-2008, 04:49 AM
What we desperately DO need is a sub-forum to discuss the Feb 1st moneybombs.

We have to make them as big as possible, or we have no chance of getting the $5 million.

DFF
01-26-2008, 05:12 AM
We need less sub-forums - not more.

Practically all the fundraising subs underneath grassroots projects are being totally ingnored.

If they were merged together in a single, main forum; they'd get far more attention.

Furthermore, we need another main forum that deals exclusively with better grassroots organation because let's face it -- this place is an disorganized mess.

And a LOT more moderation -- primarly redirecting threads tjat crop up in grassroots central about fundraising and locking threads which are redundant (e.g. 100 "Romney Whispers" threads).

crink
01-26-2008, 06:09 AM
I voted for the digg sub-forum because there are way to many digg threads here.

Royksopp
01-26-2008, 07:52 AM
I must repeat, what we DESPERATELY need is a Feb 1st moneybomb forum. It will make it seem more serious.

No moneybomb, no 5million.

DFF
01-26-2008, 08:01 AM
You're putting the cart before the horse.

1st we get organized here then we start talking about what method (bombs, paydays, daily goals etc.) would be best for achieving HQ's goal.

My suggestion: Start redirecting threads dealing with new ideas about fundraising from grassroots central into a new MAIN forum that only deals with fundraising and how to better organize ourselves -- because, if we're not organized, we can't raise the kind of money RP needs to win.

In the meantime; I'm going the safe route and donating daily.

nc4rp
01-26-2008, 08:38 AM
can we get a grassroots central> Chipin forum to move all chipin efforts to please?

UtahApocalypse
01-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Do NOT do the digg one. Anyone that uses it is in Violation of the Digg TOS and could be banned, then we have less diggers.

RonRules
01-26-2008, 10:24 AM
I must repeat, what we DESPERATELY need is a Feb 1st moneybomb forum. It will make it seem more serious.

No moneybomb, no 5million.

Fund the SuperBowl ad directly. Buy DVD's and mail or hand them out to older Republican voters.

I'm done supporting HQ.

newmedia4ron
01-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Do NOT do the digg one. Anyone that uses it is in Violation of the Digg TOS and could be banned, then we have less diggers.

couldn't you just sign up for a new membership

I want digg requests to stop flooding grassroots central

Bryan
01-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the all input, keep it up. :)

On the Digg subforum, part of the issue is that many of the diggs do not relate to Ron Paul (just the latest news) so they don't belong in Grassroot Central and they do help clog it up. My leading thought on this right now is that if we go with a "Ron Paul Chat" (or similar, really need a good name for this) it can allow for all diggs.

Good input DFF- we might could move the "Fundrasing Projects" back up to Grassroots Central- it was there before but nobody wanted to use it so it just become extra work for the mod team to move them to where they got less views. I may have a solution that will help on this however.... :)

misericordia
01-26-2008, 08:14 PM
a few more for the grassroots outreach sub forum;

Muslim Americans, Arab Americans, Asian Americans, democrats (sub, sub that with hilary, Obama, etc...), look confident, put welcome Mitt's people, and so on...
Brothers!
Unions
The working poor
Service industry

Mark
01-28-2008, 12:47 PM
How about a youtube/video sub-forum?

One place to easily find the latest videos.

And PLEASE the sub-forum for specific points that converted people to Ron.

That's the whole point of what we're all trying to do isn't it? Figuring out what works to get people to vote for Ron?

An, "I said/did this and it converted the person" sub-forum would be quite valuable and save a LOT of time in canvassing.

And we need to save all the time we can.

rancher89
01-28-2008, 12:54 PM
How about one with just polls?? I don't ususally do the online poll stuff, be nice for those that do to have their own turf....

libertythor
01-28-2008, 03:26 PM
The Digg submissions subforum needs to be members only!

libertythor
01-28-2008, 03:28 PM
This is a good idea. For the Digg submissions to be effective, such a forum would need to be member's only for viewing!

The business articles I submitted weren't directly Ron Paul related, but they did backup Ron Paul's positions on the economy.....and 6 did make the front page. lol

I will wait until a decision has been made on this before submitting any more generic issues Digg submissions to RPF. Thank you for considering this.

Thanks for the all input, keep it up. :)

On the Digg subforum, part of the issue is that many of the diggs do not relate to Ron Paul (just the latest news) so they don't belong in Grassroot Central and they do help clog it up. My leading thought on this right now is that if we go with a "Ron Paul Chat" (or similar, really need a good name for this) it can allow for all diggs.

Good input DFF- we might could move the "Fundrasing Projects" back up to Grassroots Central- it was there before but nobody wanted to use it so it just become extra work for the mod team to move them to where they got less views. I may have a solution that will help on this however.... :)