PDA

View Full Version : New National Journal ranking

Bradley in DC
08-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Ok, this is a completely subjective ranking, but National Journal is very well respected.

http://nationaljournal.com/racerankings/wh08/republicans/

6. Ron Paul, Texas congressman Last Ranking: 8
He has $3 million, an extremely aggressive Internet base, and seems to be angling for an Ames surprise. A plugged-in GOPer (Patrick Ruffini) thinks he'll place second. On the other hand, Ruffini also thought Paul would raise twice what he raised last quarter. One wonders if all of us slightly overestimate his Internet prowess.

Bradley in DC
08-02-2007, 02:52 PM
This new rating has him jumping ahead of Huckabee and Tancredo--they have Tommy Thompson's days numbered with Duncan Hunter last now (used to be us not that long ago).

The Only Woj
08-02-2007, 03:00 PM
we need to get those donations back up. whatever you donated in the last quarter ... triple it!

Bradley in DC
08-02-2007, 03:07 PM
we need to get those donations back up. whatever you donated in the last quarter ... triple it!

(that would be illegal for some of us!)

Hurricane Bruiser
08-02-2007, 03:16 PM
There is a poll on that site just to the left of the Republicans. Ron Paul is in 2nd to Tom tancredo. That will never do!

freelance
08-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Speaking of Ames sleepers.... If we were to bet on a longshot surprise on Aug. 11, we might pick the candidate who is getting advice from the best insurgent Republican campaign team of the last 20 years: the Buchanans.

I find that interesting, since Pat talks up Ron Paul every chance he gets. I've heard him talk about RP more than Tancredo.

I guess we just broke out of third tier into second tier on this site.

Bradley in DC
08-02-2007, 04:44 PM
I find that interesting, since Pat talks up Ron Paul every chance he gets. I've heard him talk about RP more than Tancredo.

I guess we just broke out of third tier into second tier on this site.

Pat's sister Bay Buchanan is heading the Tancredo effort. They'll be on our side soon, no worries.