PDA

View Full Version : Make Sure Dr. Paul is Included in Candidate Review

quietcorner
01-25-2008, 10:19 PM
The Muslim Public Affairs Council recently published a review of the Democratic nominees which was sent out to all of their members, the media, and published on their website: http://www.mpac.org/article.php?id=596.

They are an influential non-profit civil rights group in the Muslim American community with a large national and international reach. Their articles often form the basis of or are directly reprinted in papers around the globe. They cannot explicitly endorse anyone but can write very positively or negatively about a candidate.

They are going to send out their review of the Republican candidates this coming week. It might be a good idea to send an email to mpac-contact@mpac.org to be sure they include information about Dr. Paul.

PLEASE BE NICE! They have spoken well of Dr. Paul quite recently:

The minority voices on this issue -- Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX), Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH), and former Senator Mike Gravel (D-AK) -- have challenged America's alliance with Israel. They have utilized the high-profile platform of the presidential election to demand change in the present terms in the U.S.-Israel alliance, demanding accountability and increased self-sufficiency to govern the relationship.

Source: D.C. News & Views: Where Do the Candidates Stand On the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict? - Jan 11, 2008 http://www.mpac.org/article.php?id=587

So help make sure he comes across as the best candidate (without being explicitly endorsed). Possible topics:
- Opposition to Iraq war
- Against the Patriot Act
- Protecting our Civil Liberties
- For Charity (like his work at the hospital)
- Against Real ID
- Change in US aid to other nations
- For Civil Rights
- Religious freedom
- Anything that appeals to any other American! The Economy, Healthcare, etc.
Feel free to add more below.

If you can, include links to prove his points - even if it is just to his issues pages or writings from the Ron Paul Library or Youtubes of his speeches.

Of course, you can nicely contrast his position with those of the other candidates. That might help too.

Thanks for your help!

VoteForRonPaul
01-25-2008, 10:57 PM
The Muslim Public Affairs Council recently published a review of the Democratic nominees which was sent out to all of their members, the media, and published on their website: http://www.mpac.org/article.php?id=596.

They are going to send out their review of the Republican candidates this coming week. It might be a good idea to send an email to mpac-contact@mpac.org to be sure they include information about Dr. Paul.

Great find man!
I will be hammering them tomorrow with an email and I might give a call too!
Cannot wait for next week! I really feel very optimistic!
But what day in the coming week it is going to be published? Does this mean Monday?

quietcorner
01-25-2008, 11:39 PM
I expect the mailing to come out on Friday.

However, they are likely to have the mailing text finished by Wednesday so get your message to them sooner rather than later.

VoteForRonPaul
01-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks!

quietcorner
01-26-2008, 02:00 AM
Anyone can send them a message. It actually helps if MPAC knows a lot of folks hear about the messages they put out.

So if you are not doing anything now, send them a nice email to include Dr. Paul, the best candidate for all Americans.

VoteForRonPaul
01-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Just tried to give them a call, it does seem that nobody there as expected at Saturday, so I might try later again at Monday.

VoteForRonPaul
01-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey guys, just ended a call with these guys, I talked to the girl out there about this week republican candidates review, and I asked her to deliver this message to the Editor that we want to make sure that Dr:Ron Paul is included in this review because he meets the requirements which the Muslim community is looking for in a candidate.
Come on guys we need more calls to emphasis this and it would not take a minute!

http://www.mpac.org/contact/
Tel: (202) 547-7701

Rahl
01-28-2008, 10:36 AM
mailed them

i hope emails from europe are a sign to everyone that RP is more than just another candidate running for the white house.

escuec
01-28-2008, 11:09 AM
I just sent them an email.

quietcorner
01-28-2008, 12:58 PM
I just spoke to someone over at MPAC and they've gotten a few calls/emails to include Dr. Paul

Please continue to call and email them! They will take our opinions seriously. And they do carry a lot of influence.

VoteForRonPaul
01-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Bump