PDA

View Full Version : RP Supporter pissing off Hillary supporters

freedom1787
01-25-2008, 09:49 PM
;)

I just read this today in our local newspaper here in SC:

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A Texas man is paying for automated phone calls attacking Hillary Rodham Clinton to be made to homes in South Carolina.

Robert Morrow, a 43-year-old Austin day trader who supports Republican Ron Paul, said the calls began Tuesday. He would not say how much he is spending, how many are being made or whom they target.

The calls assail the New York senator and her husband and make a series of allegations about them and their personal lives. The calls end with the words, “Can you trust her?”

Clinton spokesman Zac Wright, after being supplied with the script used in the calls, called the efforts crude personal attacks. “This is the kind of negative attack that turns people off to participating in our system of government and the people of South Carolina deserve better,” Wright said.

South Carolina resident Margaret Singleton said she was offended by the call she received.

“He needs his mouth washed out with soap. I’d like to tell him, ’What a terrible thing to call a 78-year-old woman and speak of all those things.’ It makes no difference to me, and I am going to vote for Hillary Clinton,” Singleton told The Sun News of Myrtle Beach.

“I think he should be made to stand in front of all the people he called and we should all be able to give him a good whack in the butt.”

What are your thoughts? I think he's pretty dang awesome. :)

specsaregood
01-25-2008, 09:53 PM

Of course you do. We want to encourage people to see Ron Paul supporters as having bad manners, rude and pissing people off, right? /sarcasm

Ron Paul would not do this, and his "supporters" should not mention their support of him if they are going to do this stuff.

Attack the ideas, not the people...

steph3n
Depends what was the Text of the call?

gracebkr
;)

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A Texas man is paying for automated phone calls attacking Hillary Rodham Clinton to be made to homes in South Carolina.

Robert Morrow, a 43-year-old Austin day trader who supports Republican Ron Paul, said the calls began Tuesday. He would not say how much he is spending, how many are being made or whom they target.

The calls assail the New York senator and her husband and make a series of allegations about them and their personal lives. The calls end with the words, “Can you trust her?”

Clinton spokesman Zac Wright, after being supplied with the script used in the calls, called the efforts crude personal attacks. “This is the kind of negative attack that turns people off to participating in our system of government and the people of South Carolina deserve better,” Wright said.

South Carolina resident Margaret Singleton said she was offended by the call she received.

“He needs his mouth washed out with soap. I’d like to tell him, ’What a terrible thing to call a 78-year-old woman and speak of all those things.’ It makes no difference to me, and I am going to vote for Hillary Clinton,” Singleton told The Sun News of Myrtle Beach.

“I think he should be made to stand in front of all the people he called and we should all be able to give him a good whack in the butt.”

I bet they only reported the 2 people angry about it.

literatim
01-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Why is he wasting his money in South Carolina?

Eponym_mi
01-25-2008, 09:57 PM
The dem primary is tomorrow. Is he a Obama supporter? Stupid? I don't think we want to run against Obama.

Goldwater Conservative
01-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Hillary would never do something like this...

...only she did just a few days ago against Obama. And about a dozen other things this election season alone. And she'll be back to a new thing next week.

FenceWalker
01-25-2008, 09:58 PM
I think this kind of thing just backfires on the candidate they are supposedly trying to "help".

Been my experience anyway, when I talk to folks that have gotten these types of calls.

dblee
01-25-2008, 10:01 PM
I have no freaking clue what he is trying to accomplish politically by this... hillary is probably the LEAST of our threats and the farthest form the voter base we can attract...

but it's still pretty funny.

RobS
01-25-2008, 10:02 PM
lmao... why would a Ron supporter pay for anything in SC at this point? Why not Florida or any one of the Feb 5th states?

This just doesn't make any sense, lol.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Script or it didnt happen.

RSLudlum
01-25-2008, 10:05 PM
;)

Anybody in the meetups know this guy? And is he a real supporter. If he is doing this himself why wouldn't he be willing to say what he spent, how many, and who they're targeting??

freedom1787
01-25-2008, 10:10 PM
What would be great is to find out if this is fake and if it is - EXPOSE the AP - it does have a funny smell to it the more that I think about it. Reading your responses, I agree that it's not good to annoy people to the point of turning off the name Ron Paul - but I think at the same time it's funny to see Hillary criticized because no one ever does! I agree though, win with ideas not negativity.

Back in Nov, I got particularly fired up and made a great pro-soldier anti-war RP video when I had time: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JoBiq7X3whc

I would love some feedback and I also grant anyone permission to run this on your local access channel for Super Tuesday if you want the original high-quality version.

FSP-Rebel
01-25-2008, 10:12 PM
lmao... why would a Ron supporter pay for anything in SC at this point? Why not Florida or any one of the Feb 5th states?

Yeah, I doubt any Ron Paul supporter would give to something like this rather than help pay for tv ads or something in a future primary state.

terryhamel
01-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Here's a simple question - does the attack on Hillary result in a vote for Ron Paul? If not, then it's not effective.

Change the tactic to promote the ideas of liberty, then tag on Ron Paul at the end. People just need a push in the right direction and are smart enough to figure out that any candidate other than Ron isn't for liberty.

smartpeople4ronpaul
01-26-2008, 01:25 AM
Hmmm. Can't comment. Don't know the content of call.

asheville4paul
01-26-2008, 01:27 AM
There is no way this is legit. Someone expose this false story.

specsaregood
01-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Anybody in the meetups know this guy? And is he a real supporter. If he is doing this himself why wouldn't he be willing to say what he spent, how many, and who they're targeting??

It does appear so.
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/14/members/2958177/

This was discussed on freerepublic.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1801711/posts
"Hillary and Bill are going down in the 2008 Demo primary in a long overdue, well-deserved, unexpected and humiliating defeat. For more information on this protest/Freep call ROBERT MORROW at 512-306-1510 or email me at Morrow321@aol.com "

It does appear he has been actively campaigning for Ron Paul.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Robert+Morrow%22+austin%2C+TX

patriotcalendar
01-26-2008, 01:56 AM
To *try* to answer a few questions that have sprung up here...

Yep, Robert is a Meetup member in Austin.

I don't doubt he's behind some anti-Hillary calls. He's been an anti-Clinton protester/activist for years. He demonstrates at lots of Clinton rallies, and usually brings with him some guy dressed in a blue dress and a "Monica Lewinsky" wig. LOL

I DO DOUBT that there was anything crass about the content of the calls. Robert is articulate, and I've never heard him use a foul mouth.

I also DOUBT that there was any mention of Ron Paul in the context of the phone calls. Robert is much smarter than that! He's actually quite politically savvy.

And last, Robert IS spending money in early primary states. He's invested in several mailing lists for RP letter-writing campaigns. He's an instense supporter of RP grassroots and had contributed $2,100 to the official campaign as of Q3.

Breathe, everybody, breathe! LOL

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-26-2008, 02:18 AM
Maybe he just hates Hillary like the rest of us!!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-26-2008, 02:19 AM
I don't doubt he's behind some anti-Hillary calls. He's been an anti-Clinton protester/activist for years. He demonstrates at lots of Clinton rallies, and usually brings with him some guy dressed in a blue dress and a "Monica Lewinsky" wig. LOL

HAHAHAHAHHAA!! :D

LizF
01-26-2008, 02:26 AM
Why is he wasting his money in South Carolina?

Exactly...and from a supposed "day trader" to boot. :rolleyes:

If he really wanted to help RP win the GOP primary, why wouldn't he be helping in one of the upcoming primaries, saving the Hillary attacks for a general election. :confused:

I call shenanigans.

jointhefightforfreedom
01-26-2008, 02:35 AM
;)

You know what ! i am getting pretty darn sick of the "freedom Police"
and if these calls are within the bounds of law then GO FOR IT!!!!!!!
That is what freedom is about !
You can't fight for freedom and then supress someone else's freedom just because you don't agree.

If these politicians are lying crooked thieves then CALL THEM OUT
YELL IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS !!!
:mad:

dannno
01-26-2008, 02:46 AM
Exactly...and from a supposed "day trader" to boot. :rolleyes:

If he really wanted to help RP win the GOP primary, why wouldn't he be helping in one of the upcoming primaries, saving the Hillary attacks for a general election. :confused:

I call shenanigans.
Oy, finish the thread... he's given more than 98% of the people on this board to the campaign AND he attacks Hillary in his spare time.

He is a model citizen.

Joe3113
01-26-2008, 02:52 AM
Don't attack Hillary!

We need her to win the dem nomination

Attack Obama!!

slamhead
01-26-2008, 02:56 AM
Of course you do. We want to encourage people to see Ron Paul supporters as having bad manners, rude and pissing people off, right? /sarcasm

Ron Paul would not do this, and his "supporters" should not mention their support of him if they are going to do this stuff.

Attack the ideas, not the people...

You know...I say fuck them. I am tired of pussy footing around about what is at stake. I hope to offend every no Ron Paul supporter there is. Remember this revolution is peaceful...the next may not be.

It is disgusting that such a scumbag is a front runner to lead out country. She is on judicialwatch.org 's most corrupt politicians for 2007.

I smell a troll in this thread

kirkblitz
01-26-2008, 03:20 AM
What paper is that from? the state?

austin356
01-26-2008, 03:46 AM
I know some RP fans that hate Hillary much more than they like the Good Doctor. This might be the case here.

Neomatrix
01-26-2008, 08:55 AM
At least RP"s name got on the AP!!!!! Better to be slandered and attacked than to be ignored.

WilliamC
01-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Even if he is a "Ron Paul supporter" this effort obviously is driven by a different agenda.

If he wants to support Ron Paul his money could be much better spent, so that's not what he's after here.

I suppose some people just plain don't like the Clintons's.

freedom1787
01-26-2008, 11:03 AM
It was one of the top 10 stories down here on the Island Packet yesterday, Hilton Head area, SC.

I wonder if AP got permission to use this guy's name? Do they have to ask permission?

thehittgirl
01-26-2008, 11:28 AM
The motives are well intended, but it's not something Ron would do and probably would scare the masses away. I've heard people make stupid comments that tey aren't supporting Ron because of what a supporter/s have done. Yeah, right... let your country go to hell, because a RP supporter has pissed you off.

Any effort should be put forth with the media instead...radio, TV ads, etc.

Sarah
01-26-2008, 04:31 PM
I don't think it does any good to be rude as a supporter.

There's no reason to piss ppl off. It just looks bad.

Let Hillary's supporters do that....Ron Paul has class and I think his supporters
should conform to what he stands for.