PDA

View Full Version : Would text messages keep everyone more involved?

pkoury
01-25-2008, 09:37 PM
I understand everyone is pretty much as involved as it gets here, but spreading the word and getting others signed up with their cell phones would be simple.

This would allow a text message reminder to come in to everyone's cell who is signed up on the list the day of any big major event. This would be great for money bombs, keeping people involved with canvassing, and getting things together for the Super Tuesday states and beyond.

I can get a list setup for pretty much next to nothing and we could promote being on the list to everyone with a cell phone, it works like this:

Text 'RPAUL' to such and such number to get signed up.

On the days of any event a text message would come right to the cell reminding people to stay involved.

CHIPIN LINK
http://textalertsforpaul.chipin.com/ron-paul-grassroots-text-alerts
GOAL = $200

RobS
01-25-2008, 09:42 PM
That's an awesome idea.... I love it.

How do you setup a mass texting service anyways? Do the phone companies have divisions that do this?

abc123
01-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Sounds good but may be expensive to implement.

pkoury
01-25-2008, 09:45 PM
I have a connection to get it done, and extremely cheap. I mean less than we've paid for anything. It would break nobody's bank and could be setup extremely soon.

tamor
sounds like $$ for the phone companies ....

pkoury
Let me clarify.

$100 setup.

$10 bucks a month to maintain.

pkoury
01-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Standard text rates apply when you receive a text.

Sending is unlimited.

DirtMcGirt
01-25-2008, 09:50 PM
dont like it i get charged if i go over.... unless u promise not to send them after rp wins it all...

constitutional
01-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Standard text rates apply when you receive a text.

Sending is unlimited.

I think the campaign should do this. I know other candidate campaigns already have this text message alert sign up. It would be best if came from the campaign so we know what to focus on.

But anyway, I like grassroot text alert idea too if the campaign is not willing to take it.

All we need is to make that the guy running the show is legit and sensible.

pkoury
01-25-2008, 09:52 PM
You can un-signup and as far as I am aware, its all pretty painless.

Fields
01-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Let me clarify.

$100 setup.

$10 bucks a month to maintain.

In all honesty the ones that would even give this a second thought already are savvy with the internet to the point they don't need a simple text.

pkoury
01-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Well, I also think it would be nice to push this to the general public who are not as involved in the effort but donate on major days etc.

pkoury
01-25-2008, 10:08 PM
What do you think folks? $200 will take us right through elections. Who will chipin if I create one?

constitutional
01-25-2008, 10:13 PM
You can un-signup and as far as I am aware, its all pretty painless.

What do you think folks? $200 will take us right through elections. Who will chipin if I create one?

un-sign up? You mean unsubscribe? Are you sure you are up for this?

I say go for it. Start a chip-in (where people will be refunded if goal is not met).

How many text messages per day?
Per week?
Per month?

Define the limits please. I say no more than 1-2 text messages per week.

pkoury
01-25-2008, 10:19 PM
I through in a hyphen, its a modern form of making your own words.

The limit may vary week to week depending on the major events in the month. For the most part I would say no more than 10-15 texts a month. Most people who have text messaging are setup on a plan with no less than 200 texts. That is a small percentage for RP. Also not to mention most carriers charge only $.02 for incoming texts so if you do not have a text plan its $.20 to $.30 maximum a month or so.

constitutional
01-25-2008, 10:27 PM
I through in a hyphen, its a modern form of making your own words.

The limit may vary week to week depending on the major events in the month. For the most part I would say no more than 10-15 texts a month. Most people who have text messaging are setup on a plan with no less than 200 texts. That is a small percentage for RP. Also not to mention most carriers charge only $.02 for incoming texts so if you do not have a text plan its $.20 to $.30 maximum a month or so.

Again, sounds good to me. Go for it.

Most people have x amount of text messages already attached to their phone plans.

pkoury
01-25-2008, 10:34 PM
NEW THREAD STARTED
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=101744
NEW THREAD STARTED