PDA

View Full Version : McCain and the war

AisA1787
01-25-2008, 09:30 PM
There is a good opportunity to make some anti-McCain literature if anyone has the time and skills to do this. Last night on the debate (and every other debate) he always brags about how the war was mismanaged and how he would have done it better.

Well, here is a list of quotes that shows McCain has pretty much been satisfied with the war every step of the way:

McCain has been more wrong than most
http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/14272.html

First, McCain was very wrong before the invasion. (Note: I’m combining quotes from two different sources)

McCain on CNN on Sept. 24, 2002: “I believe that the success will be fairly easy.”

McCain on CNN on Sept. 29, 2002: “We’re not going to get into house-to-house fighting in Baghdad. We may have to take out buildings, but we’re not going to have a bloodletting of trading American bodies for Iraqi bodies.”

McCain on MSNBC on Jan. 22, 2003: “We will win this conflict. We will win it easily.”

McCain on NBC on March 20, 2003: “I believe, Katie, that the Iraqi people will greet us as liberators.”

Second, McCain was completely wrong during the early years of the war. (Again, quotes from two different links)

McCain on ABC on Apr. 9, 2003: “It’s clear that the end is very much in sight.”

McCain on MSNBC on Apr. 23, 2003: “There’s not a history of clashes that are violent between Sunnis and Shias. So I think they can probably get along.”

McCain on ABC on Dec. 14, 2003: “This is a mission accomplished. They know how much influence Saddam Hussein had on the Iraqi people, how much more difficult it made to get their cooperation.”

McCain on ABC on Mar. 7, 2004: “I’m confident we’re on the right course.”

McCain to The Hill on Dec. 8, 2005: “I do think that progress is being made in a lot of Iraq. Overall, I think a year from now, we will have made a fair amount of progress if we stay the course. If I thought we weren’t making progress, I’d be despondent.”

And finally, McCain said all we had to do was give Bush’s so-called “surge” a chance, and we’d finally see political reconciliation in Iraq. Strike three.

Mauiboy86
01-25-2008, 09:32 PM
http://www.charlestonyachtcharter.com/images/John%20Mccain%20presidential%20candidate.jpg
I EAT PORK!