PDA

View Full Version : Bob Marshall: A Ron Paul Republican?

skiingff
01-25-2008, 09:27 PM
He believes in open and honest government:

Citizens are entitled to information as opposed to sound bites, buzz words and rhetoric and that is why I tried to give in depth explanations of my views. Please feel free to call me at my home if you have any questions: 703-XXX-XXXX

He believes in fair elections:

Consider the media bias of a "news network" which kept a Republican presidential candidate who received 10% of the votes in Iowa caucuses from participating in their New Hampshire TV "debate," but then included another Republican presidential candidate who received only 3% in the Iowa caucuses!

And he keeps using Ron Paul buzz words and phrases, to the point of his platform being a near carbon copy of Ron's:

Education
- Abolish Department of Education
- Eliminate federal involvement in education
- Allow school choice, school vouchers at the state level
- More parental control over education, inc. homeschooling

Election Reform
- Restore the "public service" clause of FCC law, reinforcing that the airwaves are public
- Equal airtime during elections
- Have candidates in the same room face to face

No Internet Regulation
- Opposes all Internet taxes and regulation
- Believes the Internet provides a "neutralizing influence" on the major media

Taxes & Spending
- Has never voted for a tax increase
- Introduced a resolution of "no confidence" in the policies of the Republican leadership for allowing increased taxes and excessive spending
- Supports a flat income tax
- Will demand recorded votes and increased freedom of information in government
- Believes it's critical to eliminate the federal deficit by cutting spending and living within our means

War & Foreign Policy
- Only the US Congress is authorized to declare war
- Believes in the "just war" doctrine
- Would like to bring our troops home
- Believes the best offense is a good defense
- Questions why our military is protecting affluent countries capable of defending themselves

Social Security
- Opposes diverting funds from the Social Security Trust fund for other purposes
- Opposes providing Social Security to illegal aliens

Illegal Immigration
- Opposes amnesty
- Secure our borders & give states more power to enforce immigration laws
- Abolish birthright citizenship
- Don't subsidize illegal immigrants

Health Care
- Offer the same tax benefits to individuals who buy health insurance on the individual market that is currently offered only to employers
- Allow people to take their health care with them where ever they go
- Allow interstate commerce in health care
- Opposes socialized medicine or universal health care
- Reduce governmental regulations in health care

Energy
- Require energy saving alternatives to be exhausted before cross-county interstate power lines are built that could have adverse environmental impact
- Require agreement of state regulators before any interstate power lines can be built
- Require underground construction of new cross-county power lines

Environment
- Received a “2007 Legislative Hero Award” from the Virginia League of Conservation Voters for his 100% voting record in environmental preservation
- Endorsed by the Sierra Club and Farm Bureau
- Believes in property rights and the ability to sue for violation of those rights
- Opposes using tax dollars to subsidize logging in National Forests
- Favors encouraging the development of alternative energy sources such as solar, wind and tidal power

This guy is a 16 year state legislator and is now running for the Republican Senate nomination in Virginia against former Governor (and brief Presidential candidate) Jim Gilmore. The winner of the Republican nomination will face off against former Democratic Governor Mark Warner in a hotly contested Senate race.

Now, he does have some very vocal views against gay marriage and abortion, but I believe in the big picture he is a clear servant of the people who vocally believes in limited government. In the end, he will answer to his constituents rather than big business.

For more information, check out his website: http://bobmarshall2008.com

http://bobmarshall2008.com/images/stories/dad_family_small.jpg

Is this guy a Ron Paul Republican?

dblee
01-25-2008, 09:39 PM
he passes the constitution test.

abc123
01-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Yes, we should definitely support this guy!!!

To me, he is near perfect!!! Way better than STAY THE COURSE Gilmore or Tax and Spend Warner.

Guys, we could have the first Ron Paul Republican Senator.

I say we get behind him.

Trigonx
01-25-2008, 09:45 PM
i had to laugh at the uncanny resemblance of his site to Ron Paul's site, the menus that slide down are the same.

virginiakid
01-25-2008, 09:46 PM
I like Bob Marshall, another really good delegate who unfortunately lost his seat two years ago was Delegate Dick Black from Loudon Count, VA. This guy was awesome.

Churchill2004
01-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Eh, his "election reform" platform is decidedly unconstitutional and would no doubt be opposed by Paul, and he energy package sounds a little wonky, but other than that he's sounds a lot like Paul. I'd vote for him, but as a libertarian I don't know how enthusiastic I could get about him.

Primbs
01-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Dick Black was at the Ron Paul suite at the Virginia Straw poll.