PDA

View Full Version : bummed...sorta

sfws09
01-25-2008, 08:53 PM
i went to my local newspaper today to get quotes on ads. when i got there i told the lady what i wanted, 3 ads (for a poor college student, 2 ~$100 a pop, it was a lot) for ron paul. she looked up at me and said "who is he?"

let that sink in....works for a newspaper....doesnt know who ron paul is......

so, here we go. i explain he is running for prez as a republican and show her 5 slim jims, which are the basis of the ads. she then asked why she had not heard of him so i go into a MSM spill blah blah blah.

she was impressed and a confirmed her vote RIGHT THERE! she took the slim jims and said i cant wait to tell my husband. i said dont stop there and she "Dont worry! Im excited about this man!"

a small victory for me in this huck state but it goes to show WE HAVE TO DO THIS THROUGH THE GRASSROOTS! its not too hard! hey, doc said it best:

"FREEDOM IS POPULAR!"

liberteebell
01-25-2008, 08:58 PM
i went to my local newspaper today to get quotes on ads. when i got there i told the lady what i wanted, 3 ads (for a poor college student, 2 ~$100 a pop, it was a lot) for ron paul. she looked up at me and said "who is he?"

so, here we go. i explain he is running for prez as a republican and show her 5 slim jims, which are the basis of the ads. she then asked why she had not heard of him so i go into a MSM spill blah blah blah.

she was impressed and a confirmed her vote RIGHT THERE! she took the slim jims and said i cant wait to tell my husband. i said dont stop there and she "Dont worry! Im excited about this man!"

a small victory for me in this huck state but it goes to show WE HAVE TO DO THIS THROUGH THE GRASSROOTS! its not too hard! hey, doc said it best:

"FREEDOM IS POPULAR!"

Don't be bummed! You should be stoked! Sounds like this woman is gonna catch fire like so many of us before her, and she won't be able to stop talking about Ron Paul and she'll eat, sleep, breathe and obsess about Ron Paul. Follow up with her since she works for the newspaper, maybe she can help you out, chipping in for the ad and such.

This is how we build the snowball: one person at a time! Good work! Smile and be proud of yourself!

Fields
01-25-2008, 08:59 PM
That's great to hear. This just goes to show you how powerful his message is. We can overpower the net, goto every rally including the competitors, yet we have but a small portion of the potential Paul backers.

DirtMcGirt
01-25-2008, 09:02 PM
bump

sfws09
01-25-2008, 09:03 PM
not bummed bc she is a supporter. im bummed bc she WORKS AT A NEWSPAPER AND HAD NOT HEARD OF HIM!

N13
01-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Good story.

coastie
:D Good job!!!

I wish it was always that easy.

But you just made my day, cause I've been bummed lately as well.:D

It's hard to stay upbeat, when the harsh reality is that we're being deliberately ignored and silenced by the media, and thats not ever gonna change, I'm afraid. Another part of this harsh reality is that the people we NEED to vote for him were born and raised to believe what they see on TV.

Will I fight until the end and write him in if I have to? Of course.

Do I inform anyone and everyone I see about this wonderful man?You bet.

Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of those I do talk to probably forget all about it, and instead of waking up and realizing that he is being blacked out because of his message-they just see it as "confirmation" that he's unelctable, because the TV told them so. I mean, "if he's not on the TV, the media must have a good reason for it.":eek:

I actually had someone say that to me the other day, this is what we're dealing with. :(

Sey.Naci

"FREEDOM IS POPULAR!"Hope you've signed up to be a Ron Paul grassroots precinct leader! See my sig for more info.

liberteebell
01-25-2008, 09:05 PM
not bummed bc she is a supporter. im bummed bc she WORKS AT A NEWSPAPER AND HAD NOT HEARD OF HIM!

Got it! Still, you have to look at the upside: you brought in a new supporter. THAT'S terrific!:D:D:D

sfws09
01-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Hope you've signed up to be a Ron Paul grassroots precinct leader! See my sig for more info.

i dont think i can do it. i am in school out of town (ab 3 hrs) and calling everyone would kill my cell phone bill. $300 for ads was tough but it will reach about 11,000 each day (3). btw, im in alabama and we vote on super tuesday. thats real soon.

:confused::confused::(

AlexMerced
01-25-2008, 09:25 PM
you can s till help the precinct in your schoolstown by canvassing with loca supporters or sendingout letters

hopeforamerica
01-25-2008, 10:16 PM
i dont think i can do it. i am in school out of town (ab 3 hrs) and calling everyone would kill my cell phone bill. $300 for ads was tough but it will reach about 11,000 each day (3). btw, im in alabama and we vote on super tuesday. thats real soon.

:confused::confused::(

Awesome job on the ads!!!!! That's a good price, they want $800 for a one time run in my small community paper.

me3
01-25-2008, 10:18 PM
That's how they get you to buy ads! :p

Great job! Get more slim Jims and take them back to her!