PDA

View Full Version : Georgia on Ron Paul’s mind? Maybe it should be.

Brian Bailey
01-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Rasmussen poll:

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in Georgia finds Huckabee with 34% of the vote followed by McCain at 19%, Romney with 16%, Ron Paul with 12% and Rudy Giuliani in fifth with 11%.

From this thread:

Don’t you feel its odd that Ron Paul got 4% of the vote in SC, but after Thompson drops out of the race, Ron Paul jumps to 12% in Georgia?

That should tell us something. Thompson was the only conservative in this race. When I say “only conservative”, I mean he was BOTH socially and fiscally conservative. However he had as much energy as a lazy hound dog and inspired no one.

From Ron’s jump to 12% in GA I can only deduce that the fiscal conservative vote is now going to Ron Paul and the social conservative vote is going to Huckabee (since he leads in GA).

McCain and Romney and Giuliani are fighting for the moderate vote since they are moderate/liberal across the board.

What I’m saying is this. If Huckabee drops out after Florida, there is only one candidate left who is fiscally conservative AND socially conservative on issues like abortion, immigration, and gun control:

Ron Paul.

With Georgia having 72 delegates on Feb 5. That is huge.

If Huckabee drops out, Ron needs to run to Georgia as quickly as he can get there.

We don’t need Giuliani to drop out, it’s Huckabee we need out because he is the only true social conservative out there now. Or so the people think. Who else can the evangelicals support?

Source with working links:
http://www.paulunteer.com/news-stories/georgia-on-ron-pauls-mind-maybe-it-should-be/

Macon, GA
01-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Go Ron Paul!!!!

Middle Georgia is all in!!!

JahWarrior
01-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Huck is banking on GA for momentum, I don't see him dropping out before GA.

Brian Bailey
01-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Huck is banking on GA for momentum, I don't see him dropping out before GA.

You're probably right.