PDA

View Full Version : No more moneybombs!

Australia_for_RonPaul2008
01-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Huckabee's fundraising is doing it the way we should, 150k per day.

RP is getting 30-50k.....the moneybombs are making people wait until a moneybomb day to donate.

They need the money now, not in 2 weeks time.

The grassroots need to send out a message cutting off all moneybombs and saying each day is a moneybomb and to keep the daily total above 120k...

120k x 30 days - $3.6M

150k x 30 days - $4.5M

Moneybombs should only be in the middle or near the end of the Qtr if at all. I think they have lost their power.

nuklbone
01-25-2008, 08:24 PM
I agree. If you've got the bucks to donate, go ahead and do it. Don't wait.

humanic
01-25-2008, 08:27 PM
I completely agree.

Dorfsmith
01-25-2008, 08:28 PM
I agree 100%

fedup100
01-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Hell yes I agree!!

szczebrzeszyn
01-25-2008, 08:32 PM
It's not about folks who have cash and just wait. It's about folks, who don't think about donating for various reasons, but they are somehow encouraged by records-breaking money bombs. It's a kind of exciting game people can participate to reach a goal. I was a sceptic too, but it's pretty clear, that it's the only way and they way that WORKS. Everything else failed. Any math the OP does is WRONG, because it has a wrong basis - you just can't assume, that people out of nowhere will start raising 150k/day. There is no such base.
If you want a steady stream of cash, Ron Paul needs to win a primary (like Huck you mentioned - have you forgotten Huck's figures BEFORE he won anything?)

Ronin
01-25-2008, 08:33 PM
HQ needs to challenge all voters to donate $10 a week. They could even use their GOTV call lists. Whatever they do it has to be more than just email.

No more moneybombs! I think the noobs don't realize that the original point in the money bomb was to get media attention. Now that it's played out and the media doesn't care we need to raise money in a better way.

davidt!
01-25-2008, 08:42 PM
The only significant money we raise is due to money bombs. We made 2 Mill on the last one. We need to keep doing them but they need to be well organized.

01-25-2008, 08:42 PM
It's not about folks who have cash and just wait. It's about folks, who don't think about donating for various reasons, but they are somehow encouraged by records-breaking money bombs. It's a kind of exciting game people can participate to reach a goal. I was a sceptic too, but it's pretty clear, that it's the only way and they way that WORKS. Everything else failed. Any math the OP does is WRONG, because it has a wrong basis - you just can't assume, that people out of nowhere will start raising 150k/day. There is no such base.
If you want a steady stream of cash, Ron Paul needs to win a primary (like Huck you mentioned - have you forgotten Huck's figures BEFORE he won anything?)

Did I say there was such a base......it's just common sense to donate an avg of 120k as opposed to waiting 3 weeks for a moneybomb and only getting 30k a day.

bobo37
01-25-2008, 08:44 PM

RP is getting 30-50k.....the moneybombs are making people wait until a moneybomb day to donate.

The grassroots need to send out a message cutting off all moneybombs and saying each day is a moneybomb and to keep the daily total above 120k...

120k x 30 days - $3.6M

150k x 30 days - $4.5M

Moneybombs should only be in the middle or near the end of the Qtr if at all. I think they have lost their power.

110% agree, I've been saying this since the $6m day, how can you break that record when in such a short time? There is no more media effect and if there is it could be negative saying he's loosing support because he raised less then $6m. ENOUGH WITH THE MONEY BOMBS give him the money as soon as you can.

davidt!
01-25-2008, 08:45 PM

That was the best post on the subject I have read period.

01-25-2008, 08:49 PM
That was the best post on the subject I have read period.

"encouraged by records-breaking money bombs"

How can you get over $6M again???? The affect of media attention has worn off.

They need continual cash to win some primaries not to get into the guiness book of records.

affa
01-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Moneybombs show COMMUNITY. They show how powerful we are...

and NOT to the media... to ourselves. Even if nobody reported on them, WE know about them. And that's good.

I agree that people should always be contributing, but it's also good to have the occasional display of unity and power.

01-25-2008, 08:52 PM

and NOT to the media... to ourselves. Even if nobody reported on them, WE know about them. And that's good.

I agree that people should always be contributing, but it's also good to have the occasional display of unity and power.

The campaign is the community, we show our unity and power through the message of liberty, smaller government and no IRS, ending the war, no more wars etc.

RPSignbomb
01-25-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm just negotiated a 15k signing bonus for a new job - $2300 to Ron Paul from my wife (thanks honey) and a movie theater in the bonus for me. Everyone wins!

szczebrzeszyn
01-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Did I say there was such a base......it's just common sense to donate an avg of 120k as opposed to waiting 3 weeks for a moneybomb and only getting 30k a day.

The common sense should tell you to look at the stats. There were periods of time, when no money bombs were planned/decided and funds were VERY low regardless. It just won't work on a daily basis as you wish (I wish it worked too!). Like it or not, money bombs proved to be the only ones that worked.

CaliforniaAndre
01-25-2008, 08:56 PM
The money bombs had a place, but we need to show daily support. I give when I get, so the money bombs have made me hold back until I can see the impact in a day.

RPSignbomb
01-25-2008, 08:56 PM
The campaign is the community, we show our unity and power through the message of liberty, smaller government and no IRS, ending the war, no more wars etc.

Wait, are you American or Australian? Ron Paul has never said he is anti-war and that he will never go to war. If you are an Oz, thanks for the support... but we can take it from here. You've got plenty of work to do in your country.

DeafPalmdale
01-25-2008, 08:59 PM
I think we have been donating so many things for the grassroots (ads, blimp, etc.) and the campaign. That's why we're stretch thin. I wish the blimp is done because it is too expensive and we need to focus on something more important.

phill4paul
01-25-2008, 09:00 PM
In ageement with the OP.
I'm not well off and as such I am frugal.
The bombs were great. I think maybe one or two more that are co-ordinated with the campaign are fine.
I give when I can, but I think Nationally and contribute locally.

szczebrzeszyn
01-25-2008, 09:01 PM
"encouraged by records-breaking money bombs"

How can you get over $6M again???? The affect of media attention has worn off.

They need continual cash to win some primaries not to get into the guiness book of records.

Geez, you don't get it, do you? Fuck the media! It's not about them anymore! The media buzz ended up with tea party.
Now it's about Ron Paul supporters and internet buzz in general. And it's not about breaking self-established records, but raising large amounts of cash in short period of time. The money bombs proved to encourage LOTS of newbies who wouldn't probably donate otherwise. That's the main point. People jump in, because it's fun, because lots of folks participate, because the tracker goes insane. Simple as that.

01-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Wait, are you American or Australian? Ron Paul has never said he is anti-war and that he will never go to war. If you are an Oz, thanks for the support... but we can take it from here. You've got plenty of work to do in your country. ..............I'll be right thanks I've got it from here.

Anti war is in Iraq.

He only sees war necessary if approved by Congress and is in defence of the country.

magicmike
01-25-2008, 09:03 PM
I agree with this, it must be absolutely horrible for Ron's accountants with this guessing game and needing to buy media time and space weeks to months ahead.

Maybe start each day with the goal of $150,000
One of the things is to get the 2,300 "maxers" to somehow help others max out too. Many of the supporters are college students, maybe maxers can hire them?

But the MAIN thing to help is MORE SUPPORTERS!

01-25-2008, 09:04 PM
I agree with this, it must be absolutely horrible for Ron's accountants with this guessing game and needing to buy media time and space weeks to months ahead.

One of the things is to get the 2,300 "maxers" to somehow help others max out too. Many of the supporters are college students, maybe maxers can hire them?

But the MAIN thing to help is MORE SUPPORTERS!

Agreed.

szczebrzeszyn
01-25-2008, 09:05 PM

Hey, I like your post! You just nailed it!

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-25-2008, 09:06 PM

120k x 30 days - $3.6M

150k x 30 days - $4.5M

Moneybombs are good for us. You're missing the entire point of moneybombs. People aren't just sitting around with all this excess money that they could donate to the campaign but won't. Most moneybomb givers like myself don't HAVE the money right now, but having a moneybomb gives us a goal to work towards raising that money. Moneybombs are exciting too, and they make you donate more than you normally would (especially toward the end of the bomb when everyone is stuffing any extra bucks they have into the campaign, trying to get us over $6 million or what have you).

szczebrzeszyn
01-25-2008, 09:15 PM

I wish it was that simple!
There was a guy who started a ron paul payday - cash once a week. Last time I checked, it was $10,000. How many more examples you need to realize, that nothing else works FOR NOW? We need a damn WIN in the primaries. But I think it won't happen before the 5th, so let's go with something that worked so far. No time for experiments and wishful thinking.
BUT - you're free to donate anytime you want of course. Heck, if you have some spare cash, donate now! I'm not going to tell anybody what to do, or discourage them from donating right now (that was never my intention). I just wanted to point out, that 100k/day won't happen before 5th, no matter how many threads you'll start about it.

RPSignbomb
01-25-2008, 09:17 PM
..............I'll be right thanks I've got it from here.

Anti war is in Iraq.

He only sees war necessary if approved by Congress and is in defence of the country.

With all due respect, you have no place in discussing the internal policies of America. Individuals from foreign countries only have one reason for supporting Ron Paul, they are anti-globalization and this is their means to exert influence in America. No thank you sir.

RPSignbomb
01-25-2008, 09:18 PM

120k x 30 days - $3.6M

150k x 30 days - $4.5M

Dude, you can't even donate to Ron Paul....

hellsingfan
01-25-2008, 09:20 PM
no keep the money bombs, we aren't getting anywhere so moneybomb will at least get some people going. I think no body is donating only the money bomb pumps them up. Sure tell everyone to donate NOW, but still have a money money as well.

I think we're out of gas seriously something must be done! Any new ideas?

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-25-2008, 09:20 PM
With all due respect, you have no place in discussing the internal policies of America. Individuals from foreign countries only have one reason for supporting Ron Paul, they are anti-globalization and this is their means to exert influence in America. No thank you sir.

You're being a little harsh on him, dude. Lay off.

While foreign governments have no right to nanny the internal policies of America, free individuals can say whatever they want.

seawolf
01-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Yes I to wish the RP Grassroots would donate $150K a day on a steady basis, but they do not and have never done that in this campaign...

This week is a perfect example: Since Fred Thompson quit Tuesday afternoon at 1:00 P.M. EST Mike Huckabee (the candidate that supposedly is broke) has raised
$588,000 in 3+ days and Ron Paul has taken in $190,000.

Thats $168,000 per day for Huckabee and $55,000 for Paul.

I rest my case.

MoneyBombs work, that is just the way it is...............

Tidewise
01-25-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm just negotiated a 15k signing bonus for a new job - $2300 to Ron Paul from my wife (thanks honey) and a movie theater in the bonus for me. Everyone wins!

It's THAT kind of spirit that will bring the cash to Dr. Paul.

Bryan
01-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Let's keep it civil everyone. :) We appreciate all the support we get from around the world- another part of what makes this campaign unique.

My $0.02...

Moneybombs are good for us. You're missing the entire point of moneybombs. People aren't just sitting around with all this excess money that they could donate to the campaign but won't. Most moneybomb givers like myself don't HAVE the money right now, but having a moneybomb gives us a goal to work towards raising that money. Moneybombs are exciting too, and they make you donate more than you normally would (especially toward the end of the bomb when everyone is stuffing any extra bucks they have into the campaign, trying to get us over $6 million or what have you).

+1776. Of course it's all about free markets, donate when you want. People supporting moneybombs shouldn't tell others to not donate on non-bomb days, or likewise. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. :)