PDA

View Full Version : BEST Letter to the Editor!

M_arcus
01-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Here's a letter that Rocks like no other I've read so far. Truly couldn't have said it better myself.

http://www.beacononlinenews.com/opinions/opinion_commentary.php

NOTE: It's the second letter. Scroll down a bit.

If anybody knows this guy, ask him how he feels about turning this thing over to the r3VOLution for wide dissemination signed by several thousand of his closest brothers and sisters in arms.

liberteebell
01-25-2008, 07:50 PM
That IS a powerful letter. Props to the author!

miamiist
01-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Agreed! Very powerful indeed! I might consider emailing that to some friends of mine...

billyjoeallen
01-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Wow. Good stuff!

jcbraithwaite7
01-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Sam is in my meetup. Not only is he a great writer he is a great patriot!

Great job Sam!

nodope0695
01-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Heck, the first letter is a nice statement against McPain. I liked both letters.

Paul Revered
01-25-2008, 08:06 PM
I posted it on MySpace.

Sey.Naci
01-25-2008, 08:07 PM
That letter should be sent to every local paper in every state in the country. It's phenomenal. Can you get in touch with the writer and ask his permission for its reprinting?

Fields
01-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Awesome job.

dawnbt
01-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Love it, saved it, emailed it!!

Energy
01-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Copy/pasted, gotta immortalize it here:

http://www.beacononlinenews.com/opinions/opinion_commentary.php

Why Ron Paul Cannot Lose

Editor, The Beacon:

Ron Paul has reframed the current political debate away from the typical platitudes and the same old rehashed wedge issues, to create a new political space for a return to the idealism that once made America great.

He has spoken truth to power in a way no one else has the wisdom, character and fortitude to do. As a direct result, there is a rare opportunity here, for we the people, to form up behind a principled leader.

This campaign marks the beginning of a unique time, when we have to rise to our responsibilities and to assert our authority.

When Dr. Paul’s campaign platform first began to reach people en masse, there was an extraordinary groundswell of support. An unprecedented number of volunteers and individual donations raised more than a few eyebrows among the elite power-brokers who fund both sides of the (now obviously false) left-right paradigm.

This message of hope for America — through a true change of direction toward the principles laid out by the Founding Fathers — resonated in a very particular way. It continues to inspire activism from all walks of American life, and to unite true Patriots from the most diverse of political philosophies.

The Ron Paul message seems to have also inspired much of the Republican field to simultaneously co-opt his fiscal economic teachings. In recent debates, McCain pointed out inflation is the major factor causing the health-care crisis, Romney acknowledged the out-of-balance economies of scale caused by overregulation, and Huckabee even claimed to be in favor of abolishing the unconstitutional powers of the IRS.

If supporters of those candidates find those new revelations interesting, they have Ron Paul to thank, as they were stolen directly from his platform. Democratic front-runners have also picked up the new mantra of “change” when they are, also — in truth — champions of the status quo, which is a direction of insurmountable national debt.

Former Democrats switching parties to vote for Ron Paul are keenly aware of that reality and are also particularly attracted to Ron Paul’s stance against waging unconstitutional wars of aggression. While recognizing the real and actionable threat of radical zealots, Dr. Paul holds up a proverbial mirror to the illogical rationale and blatant hypocrisy of our current offensive foreign policy. In the recent South Carolina debate (in a statement edited out by Fox News in subsequent replays), Dr. Paul said the following:

“Let me see if I get this right. We need to borrow $10 billion from China, and then we give it to Musharraf, who is a military dictator, who overthrew an elected government. And then we go to war; we lose all these lives promoting democracy in Iraq. I mean, what’s going on here?”

It is apparent that “the powers that be” not only want to avoid that question, but also actively attempt to prevent Americans from asking it of themselves and of their leaders as well. Yet, questions in this vein persist and demand the most critical analysis.

What is going on here? Why does the U.S. maintain over 700 military bases in roughly two-thirds of the world’s nations? How can we expect to maintain the moral high ground if we are not keenly aware of and concerned about how that presence affects the indigenous population of those nations?

What perpetuates the cycle of violence that so many within the halls of our government profit from? Who among us has the right to force our will upon others without expecting retribution?

Is our democratic republic being subverted for the sake of an imperial vision of the globalist elites and at the cost of our national sovereignty and of our self-protection? Have those interests, contrary to the greater good of the American people, become so ingrained in their influence over our mainstream media as to rise to the level of propaganda in an attempt to subvert our better nature?

How can we expect to maintain economic viability for future generations within a trend of runaway, exponential growth in spending, waste and corruption?

These timely questions (among others) and their subsequent principled answers have now become, and will remain the focus of the new emerging American political dynamic. This is directly due to the steadfast statesmanship of its role model and fellow revolutionary Ron Paul.

In the tumultuous 2008 presidential election, there is one certainty: Ron Paul cannot lose because he has, in so many ways, already won.

Sam Trivett

===============

The first letter:

Do we want McCain?

Editor, The Beacon:

Why Florida can’t wait to vote for John McCain:

1. He is a Vietnam War hero and deserves the presidency.

2. Lucky for us, his experience taught him water-boarding that could save American lives should never be used, that Guantánamo Bay should be closed, and prisoners should receive American constitutional justice. Good for us.

3. His support for legal status for 20 million illegal immigrants will bring new economic, social, judicial and political challenges to a country eager for them, and will send a positive message to the world.

4. His support for ratification of the Law of the Sea Treaty will exchange our sovereignty with accountability to the United Nations.

5. His ability to bring together Democrats and Republicans in both the Gang of 14 and the McCain-Feingold Act demonstrates his straightforward willingness to circumvent both our constitutional right to free speech in the political process and 200 years of historic Senate precedent.

6. His ability to criticize his opponents for “negative” campaigning — highlighting issues while using personal attacks to defuse emphasis on his own record — is a sure sign that he believes civil discourse is a thing of the past.

7. John McCain is a “straight talker.” The fact that nobody seems to be listening to what he has said in spoken word and legislation will be a future lesson for all Americans, and will boost history-book sales.

Janet Miller

Lake Helen

robert4rp08
01-25-2008, 08:28 PM
damn that's awesome. mass email worthy

Derek Johnson
01-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Thanks a lot for posting that, wow! I'm forwarding to beaucoup people, whether they want it or not. Again, thanks so much!

surf
01-25-2008, 08:53 PM
This campaign marks the beginning of a unique time, when we have to rise to our responsibilities and to assert our authority.

i'm gonna plagiarize that line

affa
01-25-2008, 08:54 PM
!!! beautiful.

BillyFromPhilly
01-26-2008, 08:56 AM
bump

LEK
01-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Excellent.

Is our democratic republic being subverted for the sake of an imperial vision of the globalist elites and at the cost of our national sovereignty and of our self-protection?

A resounding YES.